OnePlus TV: Questions & Answers

1. vasu88855
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

vasu88855 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    fire stick 4K is not working on op tv, OP TV is not listed in firestick 4k, needed IR PROFILE for tv to activate the remote... please provide IR PROFILE

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I think what you mean is that Firestick remote is not able to control OnePlus TV. The feedback has been provided to the team and they said that they will contact Amazon for providing IR profile. Till then you can turn ON CEC in Firestick Settings and control both devices with OnePlus TV remote. But indeed I accept that Firestick remote has more controls.

Also, any particular reason for using FireStick TV over OnePlus TVs Apps? Except Apple TV, all the other apps are available on the TV if am not wrong.

vasu88855 likes this.
  3. vasu88855
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

vasu88855 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    thank you bro for your info... yes you are right, one of the main reasons is the remote but also I want to use third-party apps..

Venky61 likes this.
  4. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2020

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Oh ok... I was a Firestick user too and after I got this TV, I am not using it anymore as I can install all the apps along with 3rd party apps here too.

6. ricky.it.expert
    Eclair Jan 24, 2020

ricky.it.expert , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Ho
    How can Dolby Vision IQ be implemented without Ambient Light Sensor?
    Does Q1 has this sensor built in?

RohitTheDevil and Venky61 like this.
  7. Anirudh JG
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2020

Anirudh JG , Jan 25, 2020 :
    I am having an issue in setting up my wifi on the tv. The password is detected only if it is all alphabets. If I use alphanumeric characters the TV doesn't read it. The guy who came for installation also tried the same but couldn't connect. Is this a genuine issue or it is very specific to my device

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 25, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 25, 2020 :
    Hi,
    My Wi-Fi password is alpha numeric and I am not facing the issue you mentioned. Can you try entering the password by using key board on phone through Connect App and see if it still exists.

9. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 25, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 25, 2020 :
    Hi, Unfortunately NO. Airtel Xstream app is not supported in any other platform than Mobile as they have their own Smart Devices now. Same is with Jio TV.

RVGabru likes this.
  11. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2020

RVGabru , Jan 25, 2020 :
    thanks for the update!!

Venky61 likes this.
  12. anuroop748
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2020

13. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Hi,

OnePlus is going to launch next gen of OnePlus TVs later this year but I am not sure if the new gen will be receiving your stated HDMI 2.2 for 120 FPS.

Let's just wait for the next OnePlus TVs as we don't have any other option to do so.

Also,you can advice OnePlus that could consider an improvement of HDMI 2.2 in next gen.

Thank You.

14. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

Hi,

I know that Airtel Xstream interface is a totally different now & don't think that they will be collaborating with TV manufacturers because they have their own Xstream Stick & Box.

But you might try installing any APK externally if it's compatible with Android TV 9.0.

Thank You.

Venky61 likes this.
  15. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

Hi,

Can you explain what do you exactly mean by FilmMaker mode here?

Thanks.

16. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

RVGabru , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Yes, understood. could you suggest how to install apka on the TV? would i need a firestick??

17. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 28, 2020

RVGabru likes this.
  18. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Okay,sorry Actually I myself haven't tested out Airtel Xstream on OnePlus TV.

But actually I don't think that we would need it on OnePlus TV anyway,because TV comes loaded with all the apps pre-loaded & all.Moreover it's an Android TV & anything could be installed from Play Store.

Sorry for the advice.
    Thanks.

19. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 29, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Hey man,
    You don't need to be sorry at all. You were trying to help the user and it's always appreciated.
    And I understand why many users want Airtel Xstream /Jio Tv on the TV. It gives access to Live TV for free. Who wouldn't want that.
    The users have to understand that the one's that are providing it for free are in the market of business and wouldn't provide it on a competing platform. But again, if it worked, I would have used it too :p

20. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Thanks.But I guess there would be another third party apps too who would give access to Live TV.Then why shall we always hunt for impossible?

Thanks.