OnePlus TV: Questions & Answers

1. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2020

suveerupadhyay , Jan 30, 2020 :
    You can install Oreo TV or Thop TV apps on TV or even on Airtel Xtreme box by downloading their apk files as these apps are not available on play store. Both the apps are having all live channels like Jio TV plus movies, shows, etc. I have download them on my mobile and transferred to TV using Send files to TV app and installed using xplore app. Both these apps are available in play store.

vasu88855 likes this.
  2. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Feb 1, 2020

WolfpackN64 , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Filmmaker mode is a mode supported by several TV's from several manufacturers that basically disables most post-processing (like frame smoothing, some dynamic contrast techniques, sharpening, etc...). Basically, it provides the closest to intended raw output of a movie or series.

https://www.experienceuhd.com/filmmakermode
    This website explains it further.

RohitTheDevil likes this.
  3. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing the link for explaining this.But it shows on the website that they only have 3 TV Manufacturers that have this mode.For now,you can only Customize these settings as per your Comfort in the Display Menu of OnePlus TV. But we definitely should tell OnePlus TV if they can add this mode to the TV through updates or not.

Or maybe they can include it in the next of OnePlus TVs.. @Venky61 could you please tell the OnePlus TV team for the same?

Thanks for sharing about this FilmMaker mode here.

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 3, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 3, 2020 :
    Hi,
    The Film mode in the Picture Settings is the so called Film Maker Mode. All the settings are turned off by default and the basic settings are close to what the Film Maker are intended to show.

RVGabru likes this.
  5. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 3, 2020 :
    Hi,

Thanks @Venky61 for explaining this..I thought Film Maker mode is different.

Thanks.

Venky61 likes this.
  6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 3, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 3, 2020 :
    Most Welcome... Any time :)

7. Nandesh Mohan
    Froyo Feb 3, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Feb 3, 2020 :
    Hi,
    The far-field voice control was introduced in one plus tv website since it's launch and still it's given as coming soon. Can anybody able to tell when it will be available?

8. ginzon
    Froyo Feb 4, 2020

ginzon , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Use Google Home app to cast or if your phone is Android One then you should be able to do it without the app...

Do note that at times the TV won't be seen in cast, in that case you need to restart the TV...

Venky61 likes this.
  9. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 6, 2020 :
    Hi,

No OnePlus didn't ever talk about it then..It's just present on the website saying-"Coming Soon" but don't know when..

Maybe they could launch with the Global Launch of OnePlus TV with OnePlus 8 or something(just an opinion).

Otherwise let's see when OnePlus launches it.

Thanks.

Venky61 likes this.
  10. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 6, 2020 :
    Hi,

You don't need to do any changes in the TV rather you just have to go to Mobile Settings & select the TV from the Cast option..
    If that doesn't work,Try casting through Google Services..
    For example,if you want to cast Photos,you can use Google Photos & cast it from there.
    Same is possible with Google Chrome & YouTube.

It shouldn't be a problem as such..

Thanks.

Venky61 likes this.
  11. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Feb 7, 2020

RVGabru , Feb 7, 2020 :
    i thought Hungama subscription was available with OnePlus TV. however when i tried watching, it's stopping after 10 mins and asking for subscribing. is that normal?

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 7, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 7, 2020 :
    Please read this, should clear your doubts.
    Yes, Far-Field Voice control is one of the Accessory that OnePlus is working on for the TV but it's launch date is not yet freezed as it's still under development I guess. The type C port at the top was supposed to have accessory options but none released now. Have to wait.

Only Eros Now subscription is included with the TV. Hungama is still paid service unfortunately.

RVGabru likes this.
  13. ginzon
    Froyo Feb 7, 2020

ginzon , Feb 7, 2020 :
    And it $ucks big time.. Buffers, buffers & buffers... Final output is low resolution mobile quality video for 30secs and then back to buffering.. It is almost non existent to me... When all others stream well, this app is soooo bad.. That's EROS... lol

Venky61 likes this.
  14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 7, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 7, 2020 :
    I have not even dared to play anything yet on Eros.... No interesting content till now to make me even click :p
    I will check now if I face the same issue of buffering as you.

ginzon likes this.
  15. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2020

RVGabru , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I got an update yesterday...
    1581400161608.jpg
    some new apps have got added... 🤓🤓🤓

16. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 11, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I tried and it stream good to me. No buffering and good quality streaming. I don't know what could be the reason for your experience. Can you try clearing data and try again.

17. ginzon
    Froyo Feb 11, 2020

ginzon , Feb 11, 2020 :
    Ok, will try out... Thanks man...

Venky61 likes this.
  18. daksh2k
    Eclair Feb 14, 2020

daksh2k , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 14, 2020 :
    Anything on the audio and video stutter in default player in the tv? Even after the update there is still lag in the audio and video in 4k hdr files x265 .mkv format in default player. A premium tv unable to play 4k files even after so many complaints and recordings is so unacceptable and after the latest update the issue still persisits.

And don't tell me to use kode.It doens't have dolby audio processing and vision and a premium tv should be able to play basic 4k files without the help of a 3rd party player. I am tired of compromising with kode as it doesn't provide dolby audio and I can't watch in default player with this constant stutter.
    Video where stutter is shown-
    https://drive.google.com/a/sitpune.edu.in/file/d/1IY5a2iZ0iHMSmAP0Brph0MIXhCWzSDGs/view?usp=drivesdk