OnePlus TV requirements

1. CharanVeda
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2019

CharanVeda , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Well, buying TV isn't a small job. It's always about money but I feel even after we put money it isn't worth. Because one or the other feature will be missed and to get everything it costs way too much money. If at all OnePlus TV is coming in 2020 I'm happy to wait and buy it if it has minimum of the following features. I hope OnePlus members see and include these if they miss any.

Required features:

Being their first TV launch and OnePlus always make things in budget I hope they will go with LED display. And I would love to see OLED/QLED in budget but I know it's too much of asking now.
    • So if they use just LED I would like to raise a request to add IPS panel.
    • It's the 4K era already so UHD.NOT 4K READY
    • Refresh Rate: Please make it more than 60HZ.
    • Higher contrast ratio.
    • HDR. NOT HDR READY
    • A smart remote, just don't make it old fashioned way.
    • More ports

Finally I would like to add that people always don't have proper light in their rooms. so I hope they check the clarity and HCR results in dark rooms also.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019

fazerboy0_3 and Tony JK like this.
  2. Tony JK
    Eclair Mar 21, 2019

Tony JK , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Special feature to instantly broadcast everything on your OnePlus phone onto the TV in real time!

fazerboy0_3 likes this.
  3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 21, 2019

dsmonteiro , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Out of curiosity, what do you mean by:
    It's the 4K era already so UHD.NOT 4K READY - What do you mean by "4K ready?
    HDR. NOT HDR READY - What do you mean by "HDR Ready"?
    Higher contrast ratio. - Higher than what?

5. CharanVeda
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2019

CharanVeda , Mar 23, 2019 :
    4K READY is kind of marketing term. It means TV can play 4K content but the clarity of the visuals will not be like that of a real 4K TV.

HDR READY, again a marketing term used to suggest that the TV has a wide Color Gamut. However HDR ready doesn't necessarily support HDR 10.

Higher contrast ratio- Higher contrast ratio usually leads to clearer pictures with all details visible, even in dark scenes.
    whereas the Lower contrast ratio make blacks look gray and with grains all over making some details of the picture being lost.

I meant to say that I would like a TV with best picture quality that doesn't lose it's detail in dark scenes and that is possible with higher contrast ratio.

kaihp likes this.
  6. CharanVeda
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2019

CharanVeda , Mar 23, 2019 :
    May be :sweatsmile:
    But I always believe it's never too late :smile:

Todd W. likes this.