Oneplus TV Review...

1. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 5, 2019

Radeon962 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Had been excited to see the OnePlus TV. Sounds like might be a good idea to wait for Gen 2.

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_tv_55_q1_pro_review-news-39473.php

TLDR....

Conclusion
    The OnePlus TV wasn't quite the slam dunk we expected. The Q1 Pro, in particular, has some issues, which makes the relatively high price hard to justify.

The TV has a few things going for it. The design looks good, the SDR picture quality is great, and the audio from the sliding sound bar is also pretty nice.

However, the unit is marred by several issues, such as poor viewing angles, unimpressive HDR performance, unintuitive and frustrating remote and some quality control issues, including the build quality, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. The lack of Netflix and AirPlay 2 support is also not particularly convenient.

At INR 99,900 ($1410), the Q1 Pro doesn't quite justify its price, not just over its well-equipped rivals but also over the cheaper Q1, which costs INR 69,900 ($987) and only lacks a stand and the sliding sound bar, both of which can be cheaply replaced. We just don't think it's good value, which is a strange thing to say about a OnePlus product.

We think some price corrections are in order here to justify the final product. If you must have a OnePlus TV, get the cheaper Q1. If you need something in the same price range, get The Frame by Samsung. Or maybe stretch your budget a little and get the LG C8. Just give this one a pass.

Pros
    • Good design
    • Great SDR performance
    • Good audio quality
    • Handy smartphone control app
    Cons
    • Disconcerting build quality
    • Poor viewing angles
    • Mediocre HDR performance
    • Silly remote design
    • No Netflix, AirPlay 2
    • High price

yoshiakash likes this.
  2. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 5, 2019

meatandy , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Sadly I had a feeling the TV project was going to go this way especially when you can pickup a similar set at Costco in the $500-600 range very easily.

Radeon962, Liehjan and Bouncer71 like this.
  3. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 5, 2019

Liehjan and meatandy like this.
  4. kiratplusone
    Student Ambassador India Oct 5, 2019

kiratplusone , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Personally, I think many people will choose Samsung Frame TV over OnePlus TV - including me. It's not because OnePlus TV is bad or anything,but Samsung QLED is industry standard. That said, OnePlus will give a tough fight after a couple of generation for sure.

OnePlus TV doesn't have Apple TV+ / Airplay support which is a deal breaker for Apple users. Apple TV+ only costs 99/- a month in India which is why a lot of people will want to stream it.

5. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Oct 5, 2019

iNtEnSePL and meatandy like this.
  6. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 7, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Oct 7, 2019 :
    No, you have to buy cheaper TV to get this.

7. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean Oct 7, 2019

guanyu210379 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    As for now, if you are in need of good TV units with very good prices, just go for something like TCL, Hisense or Vizio.
    If you are willing to pay more for better quality, then just go for the usual big brands like Samsung, Sony or Panasonic.
    And for USD1400, I prefer to go for those big brands.
    My 2 years old Sony KDL55 XE8505 was only €800 (around USD850).
    I am actually a bit confused with the target market for OnePlus TV.

Bad viewing angle, hmmm..this sounds like a simple VA panel. This is quite normal tho'.

8. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 7, 2019

Radeon962 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    OnePlus has made no secret that they want to develop a fan base like Apple through hardware so that they can monetize that support as they grow. The TV may be an attempt to grow their user base and provide another avenue to that end.

A newer article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/teleco...emium-handset-base-in-india-carl-pei/71335228

And a blast from the past: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dazein...e-users-says-carl-pei-co-founder-oneplus/amp/

guanyu210379 likes this.