OnePlus TV Speaker gets a bit Noisy around 45-50% Volume in Movies

1. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 14, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Hi OnePlus Community,

I noticed an issue that when I level up the volume to 45-50%,the speaker gets a bit noisy.
    Like how we say-"Speaker Fatt Raha Hai" in Hindi.I watched several Movies from my Hard Drive like Avengers Endgame & Far From Home 4K & at some action sequences,the Speaker isn't sharp enough & gets a bit Noisy at just around 50% Volume.

Thanks In Advance.I would really like OnePlus to look into this case.
    And I am already having a conversation about my Panel Leakage,I would like the problem to be solved ASAP(My TV has undergone a bit of a damage through the Delivery or it's a manufacturing defect).

Thanks & Regards,
    Ayush Kumar

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 15, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Hi,
    can you share a video of the sound crackling issue and also what do you mean by Panel Leakage?

3. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 15, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Hi Venky61,

Thanks for your Reply.

Yup,here is the Leakage I am talking about..But for the Sound Crackling issue,I don't think my phone will be able to capture that because of the Movie Sound at 50%..But I am pretty sure that if any person watches my TV,he'll definitely notice that..

Here is the LED Blue Light which I can see from the Right Side of the TV Panel..& I am pretty sure it's either a Manufacturing Defect or it has undergone Damage through the Delivery..I really want OnePlus to resolve my case..

Thanks & Regards,
    Ayush Kumar IMG_20191101_152422.jpg

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 16, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    That looks awful... Did you get the resolution for replacement?

5. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Hi There!

Nopes,just still waiting for OnePlus to do something. Everytime they say that a technician or the Technical Support will contact you soon.
    Let's hope for the best.

Thanks,
    Ayush

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 17, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    Ok..not a good sign... Will try to escalate this to team.

7. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 18, 2019

Venky61 likes this.
  8. W1573296474293
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

W1573296474293 , Nov 21, 2019 :

I too faced same issue. Audios plays noisy on some video and high volume too.

9. W1573296474293
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

W1573296474293 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    is forward working properly when playing video using file browser?

Two issues i have noticed.
    1. For example. I am forwarding video in 5th min to 7th min and playing video till 10th min. Now in 10th min, if press forward button then it starts forwarding video from 7th min but not on from 10th min. It remembers last ended forward time and start forward from that point and not from current position (10th Min). If its not understandable pls let me know.
    2. Some time forward get stuck when playing video from file browser. I have to go back to file directory and play video again to get the forward work.

10. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 23, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Hi There!

Yes,File Browser isn't capable enough now to play the content buttery smooth.I tried playing 4K Movies from my Hard Drive & movies don't play well enough.So,I installed VLC player from Play Store & now it's working fine.

& for the sound issue,Yes I have a doubt too because it tends to noisy only in some movies or videos only in certain places.When I tried playing Tanhaji Trailer,in the beginning sound is just blasted out even at 45.
    I think OnePlus should acknowledge this.

Thanks

Venky61 likes this.
  11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 25, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Great to hear that.

Try turning off Auto Volume Option in Sound and check if this issue still persists.

12. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 25, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Hi Venky,

Thanks for your suggestion.It definitely got worked out.I didn't try turning off the Auto-Volume.

Now,it's totally fine.But I guess OnePlus should resolve this issue too because it shouldn't happen.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ayush

Venky61 likes this.
  13. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Hi Venky,

I have one more suggestion for the OnePlus TV.
    While watching Prime Video on the TV,I can't find an option to adjust the Resolution or Clarity.
    I would like OnePlus TV team if they can add such an option that the users can select the Resolution as per their Clarity as it would save Data too.

Thanks,
    Ayush

14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 30, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Hey...
    The limitation is from the App side. Prime Video and Netflix deliberately do no keep that option. They feel that they are better at optimizing the quality based on speed for the best performance.. It would be better to tweet to them for including these features. Prime video first should optimize its app for memory management as priority.

15. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 30, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Hi,

I know that these features are from the App side but atleast OnePlus should request them for such a feature then it would be more better as OnePlus is a company(in front of a single individual).

Also,when we watch content on Prime Video on Desktop or on Mobile App,they allow to set the Quality.I really think that content providers should work on this feature for TVs too.

Supposedly someone has just data of 100-150 Gb & movie plays in 4k then the data would be consumed like how the Avengers became dust. You know what I mean-in fraction of some minutes or hours.

Moreover Yes OnePlus can restrict something in their Settings too.

Thanks,
    Ayush

16. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 30, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 30, 2019 :
    The reason they are available on Desktop and mobile but not on TV is because their Fire Tv Stick is a direct competitor to the Smart TV business. If you see the features too, there's no quick forward option nor X-ray.
    You are right that if OnePlus asks for the feature, then it has more weightage than an individual, but with the present situation of OnePlus I would rather let them focus on the pressing issues of resolving bugs than any side development. Temporary solution to save data is casting the video file from the phone.