OnePlus TV U1S (65 Inch) Stopped Working - Terrible Support & Unhelpful Regional Service Centre

1. sanjumj
    Froyo Sep 23, 2021

sanjumj , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Hi All

I am trying to find a resolution to the below issue via this forum. Would really appreciate if this is raised/ voted to get visibility before going further into Social Media. I would also like to hear from like-minded people who have experienced this and what did they do to get it sorted.

I bought a OnePlus TV U1S (65 Inch) from Flipkart in August. This was a gift to my elderly parents so that they can watch their favourite shows on a bigger screen. However, the TV stopped working after 2 weeks (TV do not Switch ON and the Power LED do not light up). I contacted Flipkart and they washed their hands saying the TV is outside of their 10 days return/ replacement policy and that I need to contact the OnePlus Support Service to get it repaired or replaced under Warranty.

That started my miserable journey of trying to get the TV fixed for my parents. The Support Chat and Support Toll Free Lines are absolutely miserable with executives even drop the call or exit the WhatsApp chat without answering specific questions. Against the 10 days repair/ replacement guarantee promise, its been 4 weeks now that my parents dont have a TV. Since I dont live with them, the matter has a toll on them too.

I raised a service request with OnePlus Support Team on 28th August and I was told to install an App in the mobile for support updates. The service was transferred to "QDigi Service Centre" in Cochin. QDigi called us and raised a parts request (Panel and Motherboard) with OnePlus on our behalf. The status in the App changed to "Pending for the want of parts. Service Centre will update you shortly on availability". The App also shows a contact name of QDigi who is responsible for the service. As the promised 10 days window was over and no update in the App, we started contacting QDigi. Although the person was very helpful initially, he started getting irritated from our calls and later stopped picking up saying I need to contact OnePlus Support and that its NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY to deliver parts or fix the TV for us.

After many chase-ups, on 16th August the panel was delivered home and we thought we will get a call from the technician. However it took another 1 week for a technician to call up and visit home, that too after many escalations. The technician came and explained that only the panel has come in and not the motherboard, which needs replacing. The parts request from QDigi clearly says "Panel and Board" and this is a definite miss from OnePlus.

I contacted OnePlus Support again and every time I am getting a general advise to WAIT for updates and of course that the issue has been escalated !! I have waited for 27 days without a TV. My parents were better off with their old TV!!

OnePlus, are you listening?

Regards
    Sanju

Attached Files:

lucky_singh5002 likes this.
  2. Moka69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2021

Moka69 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 23, 2021 :
    That's very sad to wait to just get connected with a OnePlus Executive and hear the generic "It'll be escalated" reply from them.

Please share any reference number you have from OnePlus Support so that @Venky61 can escalate from his end.

sanjumj and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. sanjumj
    Froyo Sep 23, 2021

sanjumj , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for your reply @Moka69 . The attached App/ Support Job screenshots already has it.
    Support Reference No. V4CYXT3YIIE7

Moka69 likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 23, 2021

Venky61 , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Hey.. Very sad to hear your situation and I can understand the pain... TV is the main means of entertainment for parents and having to be without one for such long time isn't a good experience. But unfortunately, this has been a regular case with major OnePlus TV CS cases, at least the ones that report in the forum. 3rd Party service agency is pathetic and I don't see much improvement in this year. Even after the production moved to India, having to wait for spare parts is a really bad situation. One of the very reasons I keep recommending to go for reputed brands in the TV segment.
    Anyhow I shall escalate your case to the CS from my side and hope your parents get the TV working soon.

Moka69, sanjumj and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. sanjumj
    Froyo Sep 23, 2021

sanjumj , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Thank you very much @Venky61 . I like OnePlus as a brand, if only they could make their support and supply of spare parts efficient. No ownership from either the support team or service centre on this specific case. BTW, how do you escalate? Do you have a direct line to them or so? Do they respond at all?

Moka69 likes this.
  6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 23, 2021

Venky61 , Sep 23, 2021 :
    As a community expert, I have a channel to request the CS to look into it.. but no access to the status of the complaint or anything. They do respond generally...I already raised it, and they will contact you too when to see that.

Moka69 likes this.
  7. sanjumj
    Froyo Sep 28, 2021

sanjumj , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Got a reply from OnePlus Review team... Same reply as what the Support team over call or WhatsApp :rage::rage::rage:.
    No joy yet. They haven't even called us for courtesy sake. Tried the Support team again and its the 5th time (!!!) they are escalating :tonguewink:. Looks like I have to go more vocal!

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 4, 2021

Venky61 , Oct 4, 2021 :
    What's the status now? Any development?

sanjumj likes this.
  9. sanjumj
    Froyo Oct 28, 2021

sanjumj , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Thanks for asking @Venky61 and sorry for the late reply. All my days are busy with OnePlus escalation and the rest on office work. After buying this TV, I have lost peace and sleep. I lost total trust on the brand and will never ever buy another product from them, even phone.

I escalated it in many forums, initiated a Twitter campaign (well putting my frustration on Twitter to be honest!) and the TV is still not fixed. 58th day now. We are going to Consumer Court now for a total refund !!! Shame on these guys!

10. sanjumj
    Froyo Oct 28, 2021

sanjumj , Oct 28, 2021 :
    https://twitter.com/sanjumj/status/1451158443272908807?s=20

https://twitter.com/sanjumj/status/1450793702125973508?s=20

https://twitter.com/sanjumj/status/1443153236043649034?s=20

https://twitter.com/sanjumj/status/1442878542929334287?s=20