OnePlus tv u1s HDMI ports via OnePlus 8

1. Akshay_0157
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2021

Akshay_0157 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 15, 2021 :
    Tv is facing issue to read or provide correct output when 2 hdmi devices are connected.

I've connected my Soundbar with HDMI arc cancel to 1st port and STB to 2nd port but it's not working. Every time I power on the TV it doesn't provide sound output through soundbar.

TV needs to be restarted every time and then it starts working.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 15, 2021

Tokolozi , Oct 15, 2021 :
    Have you enabled CEC in the HDMI settings?

What happens if you turn in the soundbar first?

@Venky61 any other ideas?

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 16, 2021

Venky61 , Oct 16, 2021 :
    Hi...
    You already posted this a week back and we discussed about.
    And you also posted this in the update thread now and here. Please try to follow thr forum rules and not create duplicate posts.
    Now coming to the issue, this existed from the start and particularly has issues when an Airtel Settop box is used. Even I told you that some users already reported this if you could search before posting, it would have been great. Let me do that for you
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-tv-u1s-hdmi-arc-and-stb-hdmi-audio-issue.1460365/
    The issue has been reported to the team but with their focus primarily to fix the UI lag and audio improvement, these all are not in the priority is my understanding.

Thanks for the tag.
    There's a particular sequence of turning ON to be done to avoid the sound issue, the you can see in the above thread. U1S does have some audio tunneling issues through HDMI as this "no audio output" happens occassionally when any other HDMI device is connected too.

Tokolozi and the_o2 like this.
  4. Akshay_0157
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2021

Akshay_0157 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 16, 2021 :
    Yes, I've posted that before but it was in U1S TV guide and I'm not sure if someone from official team will actually look into this there.

Further, what will be the sequence of powering on TV to avoid this?

I no longer thave that pass-through option since I've replaced my Zebronics 3850 to 3800

5. Akshay_0157
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2021

I've tried almost all combinations but it doesn't help.

Since there are multiple users reporting same issue with Airtel STB and soundbar there must be an issue with tv that needs to be fixed.

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 16, 2021

Venky61 , Oct 16, 2021 :
    Why did you change the soundbar?
    And I don't remember the exact sequence as it's not ideal to do everytime, and anyway I keep the TV always in sleep mode, so I don't face that issue. Am out of city now, will check and let you know next week.
    But meanwhile you can try turning ON soundbar and Settop box separately before turning On TV.

Tokolozi likes this.
  7. Akshay_0157
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2021

It was same issue with that soundbar as well as using pass-through was adding extra step to switch between TV and STB. It was adding steps rather than simplifying things which I was expecting. This 3800 soundbar is kore than enough for my requirements.

Its just sound output from TV is bothering me.

Thanks though! Hope OnePlus fix this soon