Oneplus TV wifi issue

1. Mihir Hathi
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2019

Mihir Hathi , Nov 13, 2019 :
    The hotspot from the mobile do not connect with the wifi of the TV. Even after it connects, the Oneplus TV shows the network as "No internet access" for a straight 10 minutes. Tried using different mobile company's hotspots. The same issue is persistence across most brands.

2. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 13, 2019

Mihir Hathi, Cheetosdust and Venky61 like this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 13, 2019

4. P1571660280906
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 14, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 14, 2019 :
    As the internet works fine when connected via WiFi Router and having issues with Hotspot, I am guessing it might be due to APN. Let me do some digging and get back to you guys.

Mihir Hathi and P1571660280906 like this.
  6. Mihir Hathi
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 15, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 15, 2019 :
    So can you guys try doing this,
    1. Check if the mobile Hotspot is working on any PC or Laptop. If yes, skip to step 3.
    2. If answer for step 1 is No, Clear cache for the phone by going into recovery mode.
    3. Now when you connect the Mobile Hotspot to TV, select the wifi and you will see the option of Static and DHCP. Change from DHCP to Static and click Ok.

Let me know if any of the above procedure helps.

8. Mihir Hathi
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

Mihir Hathi , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Tried that, and and tried clearing cache before I posted the question. As mentioned before, I even tried to use different brands of phone namely - OnePlus, Redmi, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and more. the issue was persistent across all brand. the hotspot was connected. TV WiFi showed it on screen, entered the password, clicked okay. the message that displayed on the wifi sidebar under the name of the wifi was "Connected, No Internet." for straight 10-15 minutes. Then after that, it connected to the internet on it's own.

Just to mention, the phone was connected internet for the entire time as I was surfing the internet for those 15 minutes. Using Instagram and Youtube.

9. Mihir Hathi
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 15, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 15, 2019 :
    I don't doubt that you phone doesn't have internet connection. It is clearly the transmission from phone to TV which is having the problem. So even changing from DHCP to static did not work for you. Will ask the team to look into it.

And about the reply not being visible, I guess it's because I changed the text to black. If you turn off dark mode, it should be visible. Kind of bug may be.

Mihir Hathi likes this.
  11. AyushKumarAK
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

AyushKumarAK , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Hi there!

I think that the TV is showing No Internet because you're Connected to a Mobile Hotspot & not a proper Wi-Fi Modem.
    I am saying this because Mobile Internet(especially in India),doesn't have enough bandwidth. Even in laptops,for some minutes it shows Connected,No Internet because of the low Bandwidth & Speed..

Kindly do the Speed Test & I would recommend you to install a Broadband Service in your home to make your TV worth living because you can just watch the Set-Top Box or movies from Hard Drive/Pendrive throigh USB.

Thanks for writing in the Community.

Regards,
    Ayush

Venky61 likes this.