OnePlus Two - A HUGE failure

1. EpicSwirly
    Sep 15, 2015

EpicSwirly , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I've had the OP2 for over two weeks bought since it was first launched. My review (which is yet to be posted) is based on those two weeks of usage. it's an OP2 like any other. Nothing special about it, does that make my review illegitimate?

Onyx11 and TotemoCereal like this.
  2. nyzproof333
    KitKat Sep 15, 2015

nyzproof333 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    For One Plus first attempt at a finger print scanner I'm impressed. Updates seem to also be coming frequently so who knows.

I personally could care less about this finger print scanner though. Without being able to use it for Android Pay (No NFC) its useless to me. I would rather type a pin and have 100% reliability than use this, or any, finger print scanner to unlock my phone. None of them work every time (including Apples).

Dotty1888 and Onyx11 like this.
  3. davidlauder
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

davidlauder , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Are you joking me? Myabe you have never ordered anything online before...??? I am going to say 99% of the companies in the world will charge you right away before they ship any product as they have to make sure that you actually have the funds for the purchase and arent scamming them. This has NOTHING to do with the OPT it is simple commerce and life.

Onyx11 likes this.
  4. JHong
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2015

JHong , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I will back you up in this, the fingerprint sensor simply sucks on the OP2. Being an owner myself I had to say that I'm not impressed. It's a flawed phone, that's for sure.

5. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

TotemoCereal , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I think 7 days from order to arrival is pretty standard and good, considering the good amount of people from the US who have the Sept 1 order issues and haven't received any shipping notice in two weeks... You should be happy your order processed without any hiccups. Also, it's extremely normal for the courier to charge you for shipping the moment your device is shipped and in transit, but not before it has left the warehouse. That's because whatever courier service OnePlus uses will have already confirmed the shipping price, and then requested payment before they invest their time and resources into getting your order to you. So this is a courier-side thing.

But of course, if you unit arrived with crazy lag, grounding issues/unresponsive home button, you shouldn't be surprised. You should have known right from the OPO that buying from OnePlus and the potential dealing with RMAs is a risk you need to be willing to take (for a cheap device) before you make the purchase. The OPO and OP2 have already been hit-and-miss devices, so there's no surprise there. I'm sorry you got a defective unit, but that's the thing with dealing with OnePlus. You shouldn't bash the entire world's experience with the phone, just because your unit was faulty. I find that there are just as many people who are happy and have no issues, as there are people with unhappiness over the home button/grounding issues.

If you can describe exactly the nature of your problems (heating is very normal for the SD810, but even then >>not everyone experiences this<<!) I can try to see if I can help. Is your button unresponsiveness due to a grounding issue (making contact with the metal rim with one hand causing less sensitivity from screen/FP sensor)? How bad is it?

I have also read a few reports of unnaturally laggy UI. Wiping the phone and flashing Oxygen 2.0.2 again actually have solved a few users' lag issues, and the phone proved smooth and slick again. But if you don't want to root and are willing to (again) deal with the possibility of paying shipment cost just to get another not-perfect unit, then I think you should send in a ticket. Hope I helped :)

Dotty1888 and Onyx11 like this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Sep 15, 2015

Onyx11 likes this.
  7. sghewari
    Eclair Sep 15, 2015

8. MJ_36
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

Onyx11 likes this.
  9. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

Eagerly waiting for your review man. Your posts have always been quality ;)

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. sghewari
    Eclair Sep 15, 2015

sghewari , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Why are you even defending ?
    OPT does NOT qualify as a "cheap" device, MotoX Pure costs about the same.

11. Linanc7
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2015

Linanc7 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    The moaning wasn't nearly this bad and it was mainly about the yellow tint. A big difference this time is that there was no comparable. OP came out with a great product at the right time . There wasn't much in the way of competition regarding high end specs OP was providing at a low end price point.

The OP2 simply is not the strong follow up device that was expected, not only by existing OPO owners but the media as well. In addition there are more devices available today at comparable OP price point so the competitive landscape has changed as well.

From what I am reading OP2 is a good device at a good price point. But OPO is a hard act to follow and the two didn't turn out to be strong enough to overshadow its predessor .

12. havok86
    Froyo Sep 15, 2015

havok86 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Dam sorry to hear man. My experience was the complete opposite. I got my phone in 3 days. No issues with scanner or buttons. I have the flip case and I don't feel any heat coming from the phone. The ui seems quicker then my OPO. Maybe return the phone and get another? Or did you apply the OTA update? I updated mine as soon as I turned the phone on.

13. evilone
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2015

evilone , Sep 15, 2015 :
    of cause they are sponsored, thats how the people doing the reviews got their phones

14. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

That's because the Moto X is cheap as well, sweetheart.

I'm not defending OnePlus, I'm trying to justify the legitimacy of your opinion. By no means have I ever said that they are a reliable brand. I'm saying if you choose to pump in money for any phone, you should have thought it through, done your own homework and read some reviews.

Dotty1888 likes this.
  15. uppu9999
    Froyo Sep 15, 2015

16. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

Some popular reviewers have received early review units, yes. I highly doubt OnePlus will pay people money to review their phone. You're talking about a company that chose not to put in a NFC chip for $10 just so they could keep their phone comfortably under $400.

17. jondrojas
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2015

jondrojas , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I got mine today and have had none of the problems you mentioned. Sucks that you probably got a bad one :/

18. evilone
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2015

evilone , Sep 15, 2015 :
    of cause they pay people, any company would be doomed if not

19. scotts71479
    Froyo Sep 15, 2015

scotts71479 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I just received my op2 Friday...I must have received the only op2 without any of the issues that I continue to read about in the forums.
    No overheating issues, grounding issues, battery life issues, home button issues....I don't get it, I also had the opo which didn't have any of the issues everyone else was complaining about as well.
    Must just be the luckiest SOB in the world!

Dotty1888, bjallen13 and alaneet like this.
  20. alaneet
    Froyo Sep 15, 2015

alaneet , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Why? There are more people with positive experiences in this thread than negative, you have missed out on a great phone.

TotemoCereal likes this.