126 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Sort of

116 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. vrc007
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

vrc007 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I am facing really weird issues with Oneplus Two Camera.
    1) Sometimes not frequently when I open camera app the screen is black and it crashes with an error stating "Camera unknown error".
    At tht time if I use other camera apps i.e. Snapchat, Google camera ,etc..they show black screen too.
    Even Flash doesn't work at tht time.
    So I hve to restart to solve the problem.

2) When in a dark room or so, when I take picture with flash mode on...the camera screen goes blank and I hve to lock and unlock it to solve the problem. But if happens again when I take another shot.

Is there any solution ? Do I hve to worry ? Is it hardware or software problem and if its a software prob...will it damage my camera hardware or any other ?

I really love this phone ...so even minute errors bugs me

Do I need to replace? ...I don't want to spend my time replacing it coz I hve already replaced it ...I mean ..I bought it from Amazon India and due to a small dent on my OPT on the right upper corner I replaced it and it took me 15 days with lot of calling at Amazon ...so I don't want to do all tht again

Please help

I am on Oxygen OS 2.1.0
    Rooted
    Titanium restored from a backup of my previous phone I.e. Nexus 4 <--- is this causing the prob in any case?

Also rooting OPT voids warranty?

PS :
    Problem 1 has been solved it was due to my titanium backup restore so didn't restore anything from titanium backup after formatting and rooting but problem "2" is not solved yet.

UPDATE :
    The best solution I found out is to uninstall all the 3rd party camera apps ...... Delete cache and data of stock camera and Install "Open camera" frm play store and damn .... Open camera works like a charm with all manual controls but u'll need the stock cam for slow motion and other stuff. :)
    I hope it helped and hope stock camera issues get solved in further update.

Instead of updating for Facebook in Oxygen v2.1.1 they should have solved the camera issue.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

2. vijayvk84
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

vijayvk84 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Agree that OP2 has many issues but i believe all the issues will be sorted out eventually through updates.

chaitanya007 likes this.
  3. vrc007
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

vrc007 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    My point is should I be worried? Will it damage my hardware?

4. Vibhav Raikar
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

5. Iphoneadopteer
    Froyo Oct 2, 2015

Iphoneadopteer , Oct 2, 2015 :
    My biggest issue is the uneven laser autofocus. Especially in good light. Alot of times the phone takes awesome images. Ones I'd definitely stand up to my g4. Other times the autofocus can't lock on. But, all in all a pretty great camera

DroidArm and vikramaditya64 like this.
  6. koolpiyush28
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

7. jamaakurtlar
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

jamaakurtlar , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Hi There ..
    Click on the button and a clear picture once
    The flash button will appear
    I have succeeded with me

8. mydan
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

mydan , Oct 2, 2015 :
    This ghosting does my head in. Trying to take a picture with even a little direct sunlight literally glares out the entire shot so that's a no go. And my final complaints are the user interface and the laggy video recording.

I love OnePlus but their camera solution is as pants as the power supply.

Attached Files:

9. vijayvk84
    Honeycomb Oct 3, 2015

vijayvk84 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    I don't think it week damage your hardware

10. Auggier85
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2015

Auggier85 , Oct 4, 2015 :
    My issue is blurry photos.... I'm a professional photographer so I'm not a noob. The issue is when the shutter sounds goes off at that exact point it doesn't capture the photo. It takes a photos fractions of a second after the sound. Which I've learned to combat it by waiting..... But when you hear the shutter release and the screen flashes giving an indication that the image was captured that's should be it not fractions of a sec later.. But I'll try other apps...... An I the only one with this issue?

Attached Files:

11. tobes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2015

tobes , Oct 4, 2015 :
    This doesn't sound like something lots of people are facing. You will hate me for saying this, but I would recommend a factory reset as a first step.

12. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Oct 4, 2015

sleepdragonone , Oct 4, 2015 :
    In the meantime while waiting for the fixes, go get yourself a point and shoot camera.....hehe

13. Vermillion
    Eclair Oct 6, 2015

Vermillion , Oct 6, 2015 :
    i had the error of crashing the camera app whenever i switched mode (photo/video/slowmotion/panorama) but the issue was gone after i rebooted into recovery and did a cache wipe. Don't worry, it won't remove any of your files or user settings, just some temporary stuff. Only rebooting might even have done it as that wipes the dalvik cache. i'm not sure where the problem lies.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

dinakar24 and abhishek kimar like this.
  14. sk8er_boi47
    Donut Oct 6, 2015

sk8er_boi47 , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Even i have the camera issues, only when I keep the flash ON (Auto flash works fine). It does capture the image but the screen goes blank. I have to go to home end the camera app & restart again.

Any solutions so far?

puneetchhonker and vishal615 like this.
  15. manush55
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2015

manush55 , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Hello,
    Even i am facing the same problem and i very much worried. I love smartphone photography. But i am very sad with this issues.
    I don't think its a hardware issue!
    Needs to be corrected in the next software update.

kbanh2 and Abhay Rewari like this.
  16. vrc007
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2015

vrc007 , Oct 8, 2015 :
    But its a temp fix....after a time being ....it starts again

17. Spliffman
    KitKat Oct 8, 2015

Spliffman , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Every day and in every way it will get better and better. Ref: "The Pink Panther Strikes Again", opening scene.

18. Take14
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2015

Take14 , Oct 8, 2015 :
    I haven't had any problems with the camera crashing, but it is pretty laggy sometimes. Will probably be fixed in a future software update.

19. skylow224
    Eclair Oct 8, 2015

skylow224 , Oct 8, 2015 :
    There's a camera mode called Backlight that mitigates this problem. HDR will also mitigate this but with higher color saturation.

20. skylow224
    Eclair Oct 8, 2015

skylow224 , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Try taking a photo at a brighter place. The blur is due to a slow shutter speed. You can go into settings and change the shutter speed from auto to the smallest fraction of a second.