OnePlus Two Camera

1. maidmarcia
    Froyo Nov 15, 2016

maidmarcia , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Hi ya'll

I don't have much to complain about with the OP2 except for the camera.

It constantly has problems focusing.
    The quality of photos even on highest settings look like complete garbage.

My husband has the OP1 and his photos look so much better than mine.

I've tried third party cameras. FV-5 is so slow and buggy. It constantly freezes when I snap the shutter. Manual Camera is decent, but not with any huge improvement.

Is the camera on the OP2 not equal to the quality of the OP1 camera? And does anyone know if the OP3 has a significantly better camera? I cannot handle the pure rubbish quality of these photos!! I tried downloading the APK for the OP1 camera but it will not open.

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts.

Chiru Crazy and thanigaivasan like this.
  2. sungfive
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2016

sungfive , Nov 15, 2016 :
    It's a problem of the Oneplus' camera software. Since OOS 3.0 camera has become worse than before

3. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2016

BrainsCollector , Nov 15, 2016 :
    If you want decent quality of photos you must take photos in raw and then edit them in Lightroom Mobile or Snapseed. I can't say too many bad words about camera because it's really fine but yea, camera focus is garbage. Other than that I'm really very often surprised with photos taken with this phone

Remo spadaccini likes this.
  4. maidmarcia
    Froyo Nov 15, 2016

I THOUGHT it had gotten worse. I remember taking photos of my son last year when he was just born and they looked so awesome. Now everything is friggin garbage. It makes me so sad. What are the odds of them fixing it? Will it potentially be fixed with Nougat?

5. maidmarcia
    Froyo Nov 15, 2016

I already use Snapseed, but it's hard to edit what looks truly so compressed. There is barely any definition. Sometimes everything looks smudged. I am so jealous of how beautiful my husband's photos turn out. I do have a DSLR but it's a heavy beast to lug around so I depend on my phone for candid snaps.

6. Remo spadaccini
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2016

Remo spadaccini , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Yeah I'd start taking photos in raw. I do this when I want to take a good photo of something and then perfectly edit the photo in light room. The camera is really good but the software lets it down. To much image compression

7. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

BrainsCollector , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Also, always remember to wipe camera lens glass before taking photos, it's a common mistake people forget to do.

Here are 2 photos, one auto with hdr second, manual raw + lightroom (more preferred over snapseed because I have better overall quality and more flexibility with highlights correction)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uK7LjmNZrYaElzcFFINkVfWVU/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uK7LjmNZrYdTVEOS1tU3o1ZmM/view?usp=sharing

Check edges quality and overall detail level.

And Night and day difference in dynamic range of light + colors between normal jpg and raw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uK7LjmNZrYUmR2SnYxYy1hMjA/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uK7LjmNZrYb1VONF90VWV5ZFk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

8. Chiru Crazy
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

Chiru Crazy , Nov 16, 2016 :
    @Carl just have a look of problems here.
    Camera focus
    Slow Charging
    Same oxygen os from date of release
    Audio quality

Dont have time to think of Oneplus2 ?? Oh sorry we are outdated right???
    Atleast the released source also have bugs, because of this developers are unable to make a stable rom for Oneplus2.
    In cyanaogenmod, the developer states a bug (encryption is broken, its fault of oneplus) .
    Oneplus2 launched a year ago and this way Oneplus show regards to their customers or fan who trusted blindly and welcomed with their new Oxygen OS.

If you're dare enough make Oneplus 2 a real flagship killer in terms of software before you release next device. Or else quit.

Fan Boy with a hurted and unsatisfied heart :(

9. maidmarcia
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

maidmarcia , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I definitely appreciate your point, but to be honest, I have a DSLR for taking high quality photos that I would then post-process edit in CS or Lightroom. I don't want to have to shoot RAW or highly edit photos I take on my phone. As the mother of a busy toddler (who is currently trying to eat a Kleenex box as I type this), I want my phone photos to look *great*, not necessarily *excellent*. At this point, they are barely *good*. Do you know what I mean? Thanks for the examples though.

10. maidmarcia
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

maidmarcia , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I'm not around here much so I don't know who Carl is, but I do feel that the OP2 has significantly degraded since purchase...and not the regular sort of degradation that you see over time as phones age. I had an HTC One for several years prior to purchasing this OP2 and it did not have these sort of problems. I'm wondering if I should bother with a OP3 if eventually it's issues will be dismissed as well.

11. Chiru Crazy
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

Chiru Crazy , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Carl is founder of Oneplus, he should answer because he left previous flagship oneplus2 like a useless device and feeling excited with new devices and its success. Its hardware is superb and camera too, but oneplus made this phone shitty with their buggy oxygen os and now they developed it well and taking suggestions from its users and fans for new device, what about oneplus2.

who left it buggy??
    who never cared user suggestion and bug reports ??
    who is hesitating to provide a bug free os with its fan and user base?? (do they care oneplus2 users ?)

Its none other than Carl