OnePlus Two thoughts.

1. flobengogen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2015

flobengogen , Sep 13, 2015 :
    cm versions for opt r out but fingerprint sensor and alert slider does not work yet.

2. AndrewReaganM
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2015

AndrewReaganM , Sep 13, 2015 :
    My experiences so far can be summed up this way:

The OnePlus 2 is a premium OnePlus One with a fingerprint scanner and OIS. In my experience they charge at the same speed, the camera is similar (but OIS makes a decent difference), they perform about the same, the battery life is about the same, etc. The main difference between the two is the build quality. If you think that the build of the OPO vs. the OP2 is the same, you are deranged. I would say that the feel in your hand is comparable to an iPhone (quality-wise). Its that good. The fingerprint scanner is as good as TouchID, maybe better (I do not have extensive experience with TouchID). As for the lack of NFC, well- thats a drawback for most, including me. With that being said, every phone has its drawbacks, its just that the OP2 has a bit of a hate train going on. This reminds me of when Apple released the lightning connector. Everybody flipped out and said they would never buy an Apple device again. As far as I know, Apple and their Lightning connector are doing just fine.

There is a lot of hate on this phone where it is not deserved. The OP2 will get you a very premium Android experience at a great price, that's all I have to say.

spot01 likes this.
  3. katrinacollins9956
    Donut Sep 14, 2015

4. armisis
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

armisis , Sep 14, 2015 :

Because I am a tech geek, I'll run the thing into the ground, play around with it, if I like it and can deal with no NFC or find a work around like a NFC sim or something then I might keep using it, if not I'll give it to a relative and get the Nexus 5x when it comes out.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  5. Steffankuiers
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

Steffankuiers , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Preach brother

6. AndrewReaganM
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2015

AndrewReaganM , Sep 15, 2015 :
    You know what, I really don't know. If you are happy with a very snappy phone with OIS, a fingerprint scanner, but no NFC or quick charging, this is the phone for you. This is coming from someone who had a OPO, and was planning to get a Moto X Pure based on the hate for the OP2. I ended up getting an invite for the OP2 and kinda impulse bought it. I think that Linus Sebastian at LinusTechTips has done the most accurate review so far, but it is only available on Vessel at the time so you will have to wait :/
    Quick note on NFC. The way I justified no NFC was by thinking that in a year's time, when the OP3 (presumably) comes out, the acceptance of NFC payments will be much larger. I really do not frequent places that have the option, but hopefully that will change in a year.

7. jdlitton89
    Froyo Sep 15, 2015

jdlitton89 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I love the OS. I haven't had any issues. Turned it on, put in my ATT sim card and I was rocking. LTE clicked right on, love it.

8. waxsta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2015

waxsta , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Thanks for your post. Please let me know if you face this issue.

9. katrinacollins9956
    Donut Sep 15, 2015

katrinacollins9956 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Ya know, I have never used NFC, and I don't think I ever will. I don't know what the point of it is. All I really know about it is some type of payment type of thing. That's it.