Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

Pranjal.Cmod likes this.
  2. pgidia
    Lollipop Nov 24, 2015

3. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    What's a redmi 3 no link or any details . never heard of it so I doubt its a world player or even remotely a competitor to a op2

4. tanbir101
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

tanbir101 , Nov 24, 2015 :
    My bad. Link is now attached with the post :)

sunilbagalur likes this.
  5. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Thanks looks interesting . it looks typical of the Samsung lookalike that seem to get churned out .specs look good tho . personally I'd choose op because it seems to be Indian only the redmi . but spec wise you need the 32gb as the 16gb with only 2gb ram won't be much use I suspect but its not bad at all . thanks for showing us

sunilbagalur and benluca like this.
  6. benluca
    KitKat Nov 24, 2015

benluca , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Xiaomi (and its Redmi line) sells at least a thousand times more volume units that One Plus. It took One Plus over a year to sell a million units ... Xiaomi does that in an HOUR. They sell over 300 million units per quarter. "Not a world player"??? They are the world's third largest manufacturer of smart phones. What the f*ck are you talking about?

7. benluca
    KitKat Nov 24, 2015

benluca , Nov 24, 2015 :
    You win, either way. Both are excellent devices. The Redmi product has proven to be one of Xiaomi's strong suits, they've got a firm handle on that. One Plus, on the other hand ... well, you have the exclusivity, the extraordinary beauty in form & design, and (despite the haters), a fantastic & unique user experience. Have you also considered the OS-specifics? Oxygen has a lot of admirers and detractors.

8. Pranjal.Cmod
    KitKat Nov 24, 2015

Pranjal.Cmod , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Both are excellent devices offering great bang for buck, but IMHO Mi3 does appear more promising.

If you need a phone now, right now, get the OP2.
    Otherwise wait for Mi3 if you can.
    Also Xiaomi's service and support is better (only marginally, but better nonetheless).

9. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    OK not Europe get a grip man stop being so dramatic

10. santoshgautam
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2015

santoshgautam , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Hey.. you cannot compare op2 with redmi note 3.
    Op2 comes with snapdragon latest 810 series soc with 4gb ram
    on the other hand note 3 is with mtk chipset with 2gb ram.
    Camera .op2 far better than note 3
    display wise looks like both offer same specifications..
    Battery atleast from a number point of view note 3 is better 4000mah
    in terms of software OOS is very close to stock android and has better updates when compared to miui.

Both the devices offer great VFM .. decision depends on what are you expecting..
    PS: I own Redmi note (mtk chipset version) and op2.. I like OP2..

tanbir101 and billq like this.
  11. tanbir101
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

sunilbagalur likes this.
  12. tanbir101
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

The 32gig version has "3gb of ram". Currently I am using OP1 and according to my usage 3gb of ram is more than enough. Plus Redmi Note 3 is offering more value for money

butaixyz8016 and sunilbagalur like this.
  13. tanbir101
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

Nope. But ive used redmi for a couple of months and their ui are good too

sunilbagalur likes this.
  14. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    The note seems to be getting good comments this is a hard choice for you . I'm lucky the op range are the cheap options where I live . you live where your range and choices are far more interesting good luck with whatever your choice

tanbir101 likes this.
  15. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    As I stated these budget phones arnt available in Europe op is our budget make .I've no interest in how many phones sell in China or India . and I certaiainly didn't ask for your foul swearing I respect others if you can't respect back don't respond and certainly not in such a negative attacking swearing tone . have manners respect we are a community based on this principle

Max.Mar likes this.
  16. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Go for Redmi Note 3...unless you're from India which Redmi Note 3 will not be available to be purchases officially due to MediaTek CPU...

Max.Mar and tanbir101 like this.
  17. mi6t0
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2015

mi6t0 , Nov 24, 2015 :
    If you compare the whole "package" piece by piece, Xiaomi might win with just the battery. And still - there is no proof that their 4000 mah are actually that much.

- OP2 screen is better. Way better
    - OP2 has more RAM
    - OP2 has better processor, outperforming the Mediatek by 20-40% depending on the settings
    - OP2 camera is produced by a well known manufacturer, while Xiaomi seem to use a clone of a Samsung sensor in their Note 2 & 3
    - OP2 fingerprint sensor is better
    - OP2 build quality is much more superior
    - OxygenOS is lighter and nicer compared to MiUi, however this is a personal opinion and others might disagree
    - OP2 has a better community
    - Xiaomi has larger storage possibilities
    - OP2 has better choice of accessories, which might sound like a small thing, but is in fact of great importance.

Of course, knowing the Xiaomi costs twice less than the OP2, it is no surprise the latter is better :)

tanbir101 likes this.
  18. benluca
    KitKat Nov 24, 2015

benluca , Nov 24, 2015 :
    If you already like the UI, you might be better off with the Redmi, to begin with. As I said, both devices are excellent, with the Redmi possibly offering more bang-for-the-buck.

tanbir101 likes this.
  19. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Nov 24, 2015 :

Hilarious....how do you know that OP2 is better then Redmi Note 3? base on spec in paper?
    LoL...Redmi Note 3 just been announce yesterday and there no way you can tell that OP2 fingerprint scanner is better then Redmi Note 3 and everybody know how bad the fingerprint scanner on OP2 is...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

Max.Mar and benluca like this.
  20. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2015