OnePlus Two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrederikOlsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2014

FrederikOlsen , Nov 13, 2014 :
    It should stay the same but with smaller bezels. The only grief I have with the handset is the bezels.

2. saphnya
    Froyo Nov 13, 2014

saphnya , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Bigger ofcourse, so better for watch movie and read. Bigger in the length

3. chinfy
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

4. israfild
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2014

israfild , Nov 13, 2014 :

I think the best size is 5 inches or at max 5.5 inches screen size. anything bigger than that is just not comfortable as a phone. If you want bigger then better buy a 10 inch tablet.

5. Franjo
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2014

6. onnz423
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

onnz423 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    69?

Hanson Lee likes this.
  7. samuraiturtle
    Froyo Nov 13, 2014

8. Deactivated User
    Nov 13, 2014

CasperTFG likes this.
  9. highdiver_2000

highdiver_2000 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Overall size should remain the same. Its getting a bit difficult to reach the top. Don't expect G to help us on that.

Those people calling for tiny bezels obviously never drop a phone before.

What other things ? Octa core, fingerprint scanner (2FA winner!), QHD (?) or even better battery life?

10. cpt.murdock
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

11. SeanCheah
    Froyo Nov 13, 2014

SeanCheah , Nov 13, 2014 :
    1+ claimed that they fit 5.5" screen on a 5" phone. why not kick it up a notch and fit a 6" screen on a 5.5" phone.

12. bsoder13
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2014

13. rjwalsh10
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

rjwalsh10 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Yes - it's a major issue in the the Europe region that OPO does not support Band 20 - most of the UK carriers with the exception of EE run over Band 20 (800MHz).

I am a new owner of the OPO (4 days in) and today I've only just found out it does not support 4G/LTE over Band 20 - I've noticed for a couple of days that it was not showing 4G over my data connection and wondered about that, but only after a bit of digging in the forums did I discover the reality of the situation.

I have moved from a Nexus 5 which did support 4G on Band 20, and I'm not sure what to think now I know I've "lost" this capability. Definitely disappointed. Is it a deal breaker - would I have bought the OPO if I knew it would not be full 4G? Hmm - that's a tough one. To not carry 4G support to a major region like the EU shows me that OnePlus still have some catching up to do with other handset makers. I may have waited for the OnePlus Two had I known this fact.

I think OnePlus need to be more upfront in their marketing of this phone - there needs to be a big disclaimer from the company that the phone doesn't support major regions in their 4G implementation, as for many it will be a primary factor in their decision. I still love the phone in terms of all the features it brings, and most of the time all my data needs are covered by WiFi, but still, I know I should have something better for my mobile data requirements

14. barlowrm

barlowrm , Nov 13, 2014 :
    @rjwalsh10 I live in Europe and I have 4G on my OPO :)

So I'd not say that they refuse to bring 4G to Europe. It is true that some countries and some providers are left out, and that's annoying. On the other hand, the specs were public, so you could have known it. I think the main problem is that most of us just don't realize that a phone can not work because of the infrastructural choices of our country. Before buying, I did not check that in my country and with my operator the phone would have worked: I just was lucky :)

On the OP side maybe a warning (at purchase-time) to customers from regions where the phone is known to have limits, would help in avoiding problems.

rjwalsh10 likes this.
  15. rjwalsh10
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

rjwalsh10 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Yes I agree - something needs to be done to better inform the consumer. I had no idea about the bandings of 4G that were supported, how many ordinary people (non-techies) know that Band 20 = 4G for O2 and Vodafone in the UK? As you say, no-one checks the details of their 4G support before buying a phone, we just assume that we'll get it, and we don't need to know the underlying technical information. Most manufacturers of phones these days have different banding support for handsets per region they ship to, and for OPO to have a one size fits all approach to their handset is pretty shit if I am honest

barlowrm likes this.
  16. teqnix
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2014

17. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2014

18. strategist99
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

strategist99 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    i personally feel that for regular full fledged personal, office work or business use, then 5-5.2 is good enough.
    but if you wanna ask what I want then 6 inch sure it is..

just like maybe an HP Slate 6, could just be that the speakers can be like the old NSeries of Nokia - the N86, superb with a kickstand on the camera itself following the design of the N86 and overall I dont want that QHD or 4k screen, but its for future so 6inch screen with 4k or 2k res, 2.5d Curved Glass like the Nokia N9 and camera should be maybe 20MP, BLAH BLAH BLAH ...
    whatever...
    anyways thats my point for a 6inch screen and a 5.2 screen for a fair and square daily hasslefree usage..
    whatsay folks??

regards

19. mario_rep
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

20. angelica.falco
    Froyo Nov 13, 2014