Oneplus unacceptable customer support

1. Adze
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

Adze , Oct 27, 2021 :
    I created a ticket through Oneplus Support because my Oneplus 8T is experiencing the same connectivity issue as described by many others here on the forum. The phone regularly loses connection and only a reboot helps to fix the problem in the short term.
    I then reset the phone as requested by support and sent it to a service center in Germany. After a week I get the message that my repair order was canceled and the phone is now forwarded to Poland.
    Yesterday I got the message that my phone is now being repaired and that the repair is complete, supposedly all within a few minutes.
    In the repair report it really says that a fault was found but nothing was done to fix the fault (see attachment).

The Oneplus 8T obviously has a fundamental hardware or software bug that occurs in significantly more than one device and Oneplus is obligated to fix it for everyone who has the same problem. If this is the way Oneplus wants to go with its customers, it was definitely my last Oneplus.
    1635316844290.jpg

SaveEarth and Jardani like this.
  2. Dannejz
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2021

Dannejz , Oct 27, 2021 :
    I'm also in agreement. I've logged a job Nd got no where in two weeks. Still waiting for the call from support. Calls drop out and system crashing up to 29 times a day with latest oxygen update. Wth is going on

3. brotherjoe
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2021

brotherjoe , Oct 27, 2021 :
    You might want to check if you sim card is alright..
    I had the similar issue on my nexus long time ago. Turn out it was due to an aging sim card..
    Issue goes away after I had the sim card replaced.

Danmanair and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. Adze
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

Adze , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Unfortunately, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the sim card. Several users have already tested different sim cards in different devices.

Danmanair and Jardani like this.
  5. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 27, 2021

Jardani , Oct 27, 2021 :
    OnePlus does not have customer support. Never have, never will. Any device you buy from OP, consider it a "fire and forget" method, meaning it's as-is. Like eBay, although you have better options for returns with eBay. OP8T is a terrible device, fundamentally flawed with catastrophic signal/network issues. Today is a glorious day because my new Pixel 6 Pro is here. I was a fierce and loyal OP fan/customer since inception in 2014 but all they create nowadays is overpriced, overhyped products. 9 Pro home page is an epileptic nightmare with the Hasselblad logo being thrown into your face. I was driving to work this morning and as usual, had no signal and I just kept smiling knowing I was only 2-3 hours away from Pixel delivery and stomping the 8T. My mom still has the 6T, I was going to get her Nord N100 but it's Pixel 5A for her. I've swayed 20-30 people to OP over the past 7 years. For every person I introduced to OP, I will tell 10 to never get it. If I can reach 200 people (my social media circle) then I've done well. That is for every lie, and every deflection and misinformation customer service has given me, not excluding lies spewed on this forum by their leadership.

SyamKG likes this.
  6. SyamKG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2021

SyamKG , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Rightt. Well, you're lucky to have a 6 pro now. Only reason most guys have OP right now is pixel haven't launched here yet in India... LoL

7. preetham52
    Froyo Oct 28, 2021

preetham52 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Really, now day by day oneplus is moving away from real oxygen os which looks almost same like stock android before, but it is now it is moving towards colour os ig
    And 8t really sucks! Both in battery and heating!

8. SyamKG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2021

SyamKG , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 29, 2021 :
    I think there is nothing much these OEM can do now.
    The real issue is that they aren't testing any devices properly now before launching it.

With each year, Qualcomm is coming with more powerful chipsets and these OEM don't have a clue to improve thermals. Hence heating and low battery life.
    Look at 888 phones. They heat like hell..

9. BlockerBrothers
    Eclair Oct 30, 2021

10. Adze
    Donut Nov 5, 2021

Adze , Nov 5, 2021 :
    Update:
    After I pointed out to support that absolutely nothing was done during the repair to fix the error, the first reaction was that I should please clear the cache and reset the device. Both were of course done several times BEFORE the repair. Unbelievable how useless the support of Oneplus is.