OnePlus USA Verizon

1. G_Max_Wise_ieMg
    Cupcake May 21, 2018

2. TobeRobert
    Froyo May 21, 2018

TobeRobert , May 21, 2018 :
    This has always been the major #1 sore spot for all unlocked phones. Verizon req's testing in excess of what is reasonable to be labeled CDMA compliant. Let's face it, phone companies lose no love over phones they can't sell themselves.
    That being said, I am hearing rumors that Verizon and maybe Sprint will drop the CDMA network. It remains to be seen if this will allow for unlocked 3rd party phones.

3. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2018

4. pojr
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2018

pojr , May 21, 2018 :
    AT&T or T-Mobile are the only ways to go in the US anyway.

5. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

6. Photoman9988
    KitKat May 21, 2018

7. ClaudeWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

ClaudeWu , Jun 3, 2018 :
    Yep, I had my OnePlus 6 and I just realize that Verizon was not supported after I inserted my sim... But the LTE network works very well. Really like this phone and don't want to return... hope there is OS update for support Verizon CDMA in future TAT

8. A1527574900034
    Donut Jun 3, 2018

A1527574900034 , Jun 3, 2018 :
    Better get on to Verizon then, they don't certify it don't work...

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 3, 2018

Tobikage , Jun 3, 2018 :
    CDMA support ? Never happening.

10. ClaudeWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

ClaudeWu , Jun 3, 2018 :
    I did last night, and you know what... they tried few things like edit access point on my phone, and finally they open thier computer and Google the problem and tell me the OnePlus doesn't support them... which just did what I did at home...

11. ClaudeWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

12. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 3, 2018

Tobikage , Jun 3, 2018 :
    Dealing with carrier bullshit.....Too much work...not worth the effort.

Hydra Bob and hotsauce like this.
  13. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2018

14. pojr
    Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2018

pojr , Jun 10, 2018 :
    US customers were always an afterthought to OnePlus anyway

Hydra Bob likes this.
  15. geoff5093
    Eclair Jun 12, 2018

geoff5093 , Jun 12, 2018 :
    My OP6 works great on Verizon for LTE band 2 and 4 and 3G for data. I got 80Mbps down the other day. I use Google Voice so I can answer calls and send texts over data.

16. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2018

Eustacio Sealy likes this.
  17. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 12, 2018

hotsauce , Jun 12, 2018 :
    Errr, it's been like that for the past 6 years lol. Why are you outrage? This is like being mad that
    Ed Stark died in Game of Thrones 1st season.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  18. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2018

Hoots2 , Jun 12, 2018 :
    I use Straight Talk with Att sim. $55 per month, unlimited everything at full speed. Last month I used 62 gigs of data. I'm retired so I play on phone all day & night.... I watch too many Stormy Daniels videos.....

19. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jun 12, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jun 12, 2018 :
    Erm hate to break it to you but full speed on Straight Talk is pretty abysmal. I use them too but all of my substantial downloads and streaming I still do over WiFi.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mobile-network,review-2942.html

Edit: And btw I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount of data on their unlimited plan they reserve the right to look into your data usage and make sure your not doing anything like tethering or other unapproved things from your phone. As a matter of fact if I remember correctly the amount they said was after 60GB, so they might be auditing you right now...

Eustacio Sealy likes this.
  20. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 12, 2018

p51d007 , Jun 12, 2018 :
    In the USA, we had ONE "phone company" until the break up of Ma-Bell in the early 80's, which gave consumers freedom to choose the phone they wanted in their homes, also spurred on things like cord free phones, answering machines and the like. Then, cellular phones came along a couple years later and cellular companies popped up all over the place.
    In the past 25-30 years, at&t & verizon have been gobbling up regional cellular carriers all over the United States.
    "Ma-Bell" has almost put itself back together, and with the amount of money they throw around Washington DC, it wouldn't surprise me if Spring would be the next one swallowed up by Verizon. Eventually, other than a few MVNO's, it will be at&t, and Verizon (once at&t gobbles up t-mobile).
    As for other phones "breaking into" the USA market, good luck with that! Look what the U.S. government did to Huawei when they started to make gains into the USA market. They aligned with Best Buy & at&t, then, all of a sudden
    the U.S. congress "told" the FCC that ummmm, you might want to put a warning out about NOT purchasing Huawei because of their connection to the Communist Chinese government (like anyone that does business in China, doesn't have a connection to the Chinese government...if you want to do business in China, you have to have a relationship with the Chinese government). Now, since the FCC is the one that grants licenses, approves mergers, sells the airways to companies for their use, what do you think at&t would do? They dropped Huawei quicker than a hot plate coming out of the oven! Then, "mysteriously" Best Buy stopped selling them as well.
    Why would the FCC tell carriers & businesses to drop Huawei. I'd bet dollar to doughnuts, since the funding for the FCC comes from congress, there would be a connection. And, I'd also bet you could find some serious K-street lobbyist money from Apple & Samsung, being spread around the halls of congress to get congress to step on the FCC, to get them to shut out any competition.
    Walk into any carrier store, or a retail store in the USA and what's the first thing you see? Apple & Samsung EVERYWHERE. Oh, they might have some 50-200 dollar cheap throw away smartphones, but none of the top tier phones of the world. Just the two biggies.
    I'll bet, Apple & Samsung would sacrifice their own families, to keep the huge market share they have in the USA,
    along with the ruse of paying 50-100 dollars a month for 24 months no interest all the while overpaying for phone plans.
    When you have something along the lines of a duopoly in the USA, with regard to the CHOICE of devices you can purchase, easily, the prices for consumers are high.
    Hopefully, with the stagnant smartphone market (lack of really innovative ideas, designs, and specs), global sales will start to fall off, having peaked already. Once that happens, the R&D into really innovative things, not just gimmicks, will spur the entire industry to get into gear and release some really kick butt looking phones.
    Faster processors, brighter displays, thinner designs with flashy colors (and higher prices), just ain't cutting it anymore.

Spoonar and Hydra Bob like this.