OnePlus Warp Charge 65: A Day's Power in 15 Minutes

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 24, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Warp Charge 65 announcement.png

Hey everyone,

After shedding some light on the OnePlus 8T’s flat 120Hz Fluid Display last Tuesday, today, I’m thrilled to share more about an exciting new technology that will make its debut on the upcoming flagship – Warp Charge 65.

Warp Charge 65 is more than just an iteration of our signature fast charging technology. It’s an entirely new and convenient experience, that is capable of filling up the OnePlus 8T’s 4500mAh battery fully in 39 minutes, and almost 58% in just 15 minutes. After all, charging shouldn’t tie you down but contribute to a smoother digital experience.

Faster without compromise
    You may have seen our little tease yesterday. That’s right, Warp Charge 65’ leverages a twin-battery configuration, that allows the device to be charged up faster than ever before seen on a OnePlus device. With this new setup, both batteries can charge at more than 30W simultaneously while staying cool even when using the phone.

Together with the incredibly fast charging ability, OnePlus 8T’s 4500mAh large battery capacity can deliver a day’s power in 15 minutes. You’ll be able to charge your phone within minutes, getting a day's power for your phone even when making coffee or having breakfast in the morning. Battery anxiety is a thing of the past.

One charger to rule them all
    The OnePlus Warp Charge 65 Power Adapter doesn’t simply charge the OnePlus 8T in a heartbeat, it might also be the only charger you’ll need. It features a dual-end Type-C port design, offering better compatibility and supports upto 45W PD fast charge. That means it gives you the freedom and ability to juice up multiple supporting devices from your OnePlus Buds to even your laptop. The charger is also backward compatible with our previous charging protocols, meaning you can still enjoy the same speeds you’re used to while charging any OnePlus device.

Safety First
    On top of the already secure chip framework, OnePlus added an additional encryption chip to the charger and cable and 12 temperature sensors in the phone to allow OnePlus devices to charge intelligently and efficiently in different situations. Furthermore, a new heat dissipation system has been included in the OnePlus 8T to keep the charging temperature at a comfortable level. All of these features have been added to ensure that Warp Charge 65 is not only lightning fast but also safe to use at any time.

To know more about the OnePlus 8T, don’t forget to tune in on October 14. Visit https://www.oneplus.com/launch and hit that Notify Me button. By doing so you’ll also have the chance to win discount vouchers and even a OnePlus 8T!

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 24, 2020

camohan , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Noice. I am waiting for the day when I only show my device to the charger and it gives me a day's power.
    Jokes apart - I am concerned about the heating while charging and glad this has been thought about.
    Also, I am not sure if this is a right place to ask, but would the adaptor design change due to this? India already has a larger size adaptor.

KubaLibre, onerv, catchryan and 38 others like this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Sep 24, 2020

YRJ , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Brace for the T factor :cool:

4. Plenkske
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Sep 24, 2020

Plenkske , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Damn thats fast !
    I hope it will charge at full speed while using the phone too, just like Warp Charge 30(T) !

100 % / 39 minutes = 2,56 % per minute
    This is 1% every 23,4 second :)

[​IMG]

edit:
    I know the calculation is average speed. Probably the first 80% goes much faster then the last 20%.

5. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Sep 24, 2020

6. camohan

camohan , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Are you in accounts (Hehe)

7. luigimario

luigimario , Sep 24, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

8. Plenkske

I can view all accounts in this forum ;)

9. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 24, 2020

razzor228 , Sep 24, 2020 :
    I always dreamt of the day when I could use the same charger for my OnePlus and my XPS.😍😍

11. camohan

camohan , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Lol....i can view books of all accounts...

12. luigimario

luigimario , Sep 24, 2020 :
    It will probably stay at 30W like the 8 Pro. That's if the 8T even has wireless charging. It might only be on the 8T Pro.

13. Karun Deep
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2020

14. Plenkske

Only the OP8T will be able to use Warp Charge 65.
    But the charger can be used with older OnePlus phones. It will charge the maximum speed that the phone is compatible with.

15. JalananFreak
    Honeycomb Sep 24, 2020

JalananFreak , Sep 24, 2020 :
    "Dual-end Type-C port design, That means it gives you the freedom and ability to juice up multiple supporting devices"

Sweet

16. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Sep 24, 2020

17. JelleZon

JelleZon , Sep 24, 2020 :
    15 min.... Oh
    That escalated quickly!

Already looking forward to it

woSch, O1585315785002, YRJ and 2 others like this.
  18. Bhaveee
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2020

19. razzor228

razzor228 , Sep 24, 2020 :

This means you can charge your OnePlus Nord at 30W or any other previous OnePlus device with their supported charging speeds with the new charger and any other USB-C PD Compatible device with up to 45W.