OnePlus Warp Charge Type-C to Type-C Cable 150cm

1. Antonio_Luis likes this.
  2. McElectric , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 4, 2020 :
    It's not good to use your phone while charging, at least until it gets to the trickle charge function Wich is usually around 95%. But before you get there, like if your battery is around 35% and your trying to get it to a 100% and you keep playing then that's not good for it. It causes overheating in the Battery, which if you look it up, is not good for your Lithium battery.

3. Y1603743008207 likes this.
  4. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

5. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Unfortunately most youtubers do not understand the intricacies of OnePlus or what they offer in terms of their charger brick or their charging. With OnePlus, the brick handles the majority of the heat. Unlike most other devices they come with basic chargers that do not have this technology.
    I know youtubers are where we go for a lot of our information. But like I stated earlier, they post to get hits and views. They showcase phones for "review" and most of the time do not know or try to understand the intricacies of the devices or their technologies.
    Using your OnePlus device while it's charging is perfectly fine. There is added technology to make sure your battery health and remains cool with the new 65 watts charger.
    Take a look at the keynote for more details. Go to 24:40 to see what they say about the charger technology. said:

_sreehari_ and Y1603743008207 like this.
  6. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2020

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    The battery in the 8 Pro doesn't get warm from it's charging technology.
    The charging technology directly charges the battery and all the heat is spent at the charger, nothing inside the phone causes heat while charging.
    Playing games causes heat.
    Playing games while plugged in allows the phone to run at full performance and that will create heat.

Peter...

Y1603743008207 and Antonio_Luis like this.
  7. McElectric , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Well I hate to tell you this but my one plus eight Pro gets hot when it charges sometimes and I would never try to play my phone and charge the same time

Y1603743008207 likes this.
  8. McElectric , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 4, 2020 :
    And also my wife has a one plus seven Pro using the exact same charger it does the exact same thing. Being an electrician I understand that there's no way that you can take the heat out of the phone through the poor conductor wire and dissipate it through the charging brick because the battery that's in the phone is still going to heat up regardless of how big of a charging brick you have and how big of a heat sink you have there's no way to dissipate the heat from the battery in the phone through the charging block on the wall especially not with a 3-ft to 4-ft cord it's not a pipeline to direct the heat out. Now some phones like the one plus eight Pro has updated heat sinks that allows the heat to distribute evenly through the phone therefore not making one spot in the phone hot but dissipating the heat evenly so it doesn't get hot in one spot. Look it up

9. McElectric , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Also the worst type charger to use on your phone would be one that's plugged into the 12-volt DC Port of your car DC through the adapter into DC on your phone tends to produce a lot of heat if you have a choice not to talk in charge in a DC environment I would recommend definitely not doing that however as I said before it's not going to kill your phone to charge it and play games as long as the phone is mostly charged up.

10. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2020

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    McElectric,
    I am an Electronics Technician from the USPS.

Have you READ about OnePlus charging technology ??
    The charger does all of the voltage conversions.
    There are no rectifiers in the phone.
    There are absolutely NO electronics in the phone associated with a charging circuit other than voltage, current and temperature feedback.
    The temperature of the battery is controlled so that it will not get hot and heat up.

Now, if you plug in the phone to the charger and use it, it WILL run in a high performance mode that will cause the CPU, GPU, RAM and Screen to run at a rate that creates more heat than if it was running on a battery alone.

The phone does have a FULL AC MODE.

The wire does not act as a heat sink at all. DUH....

Please understand where the heat comes from !!

Peter...

Y1603743008207 and Antonio_Luis like this.
  11. Sai_Santosh
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2020

12. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  13. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

_sreehari_ , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Dec 5, 2020 :
    In the recent times most people rely on these Youtubers for many things..but you are right they may not have in depth knowledge about every device and it's background, so and so...

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  14. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

_sreehari_ , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Oh....really. . That's great from oneplus...will check on the link👍

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  15. Lokshor
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2020

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  16. dkishorereddy
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2020

17. K1577555224305
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  18. Kartooos
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2020

Kartooos , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 5, 2020 :
    I ordered oneplus type c to type c cable by mistake and i haven't event opened my product and now i come to know of it, I can't get it replaced by usb to type c cable. ALL I wanted was to return your packed product back for the new. Being a oneplus customer for so long, i never expected this unprofessional behavior from oneplus, every online platform offers returns and oneplus was always known for its customer support but it's all concentrated on profits only now a days. I have my product packed since its useless for my device but all i can say is oneplus isn't concerned on customer satisfaction anymore and i don't think I would be buying from oneplus ever again,use to even attend all the launch events but you guys have seriously disappointed me and one thing apple has always provided is customer support

19. rakesh_sivva
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

20. Anshu2705
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020