OnePlus Warp Cooking - Post your favorite recipes Now!

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 19, 2020

YRJ , May 19, 2020 :
    Warp Cooking.png

Hello Community,

Cooking can be a very interesting hobby. Especially during quarantine, it has been a fun activity to kill time and silence my roaring tummy. By helping you focus on the task at hand and giving you a sense of satisfaction upon completion, it can encourage creativity while completely immersing you in the process. You also stand a chance to be at the receiving end of compliments if the food turns out to be edible :p

To be honest, it wasn't what I wanted to do initially, but it seemed to me like everyone I knew had magically transformed themselves into a Michelin 3-star chef. I spent an ample amount of time drooling over delicious food pics and videos posted by users on social media stories or statuses, and that compelled me to start cooking myself.

Playing around in the kitchen has had a therapeutic effect on me and the lack of certain ingredients has taught me how we can adapt and excel. (I had to skip out on some or find substitutes). In the process of improvising the recipe, I ended up with my own version of it, and more often than not, it turned out to be yummy!

So today, we invite you to share your favorite Warp charged recipes with the world!

Your recipe is a customized formula to prepare the perfect dish. There are no wrong or right dishes or procedures: today you are that Michelin 3-star chef! It can be something that has been in your family for several years or something that you discovered during a recent experiment. Anything goes, as long as it can be made in under 30 minutes!

If the Writers' Club really likes your recipe, OnePlus will award the warp cook with 100 raffle points.

Rules:
    • Only recipes that have a total preparation time of less than 30 minutes qualify as a Warp Charge recipe and/or a valid entry.
    • The name of the dish and its ingredients - along with specific quantities and step-by-step method of preparation - must be clearly written so that it is easy to understand.
    • Recipes from all cuisines are welcome.
    • You can post recipes from the internet but make sure you include the source link in your post.
    • Entries will be accepted until next Tuesday, May 26, 11:59PM ET.

------------------------------------------------------​

Q: What is a Warp charged recipe?
    A: Recipe of any dish that can be prepared - from start to finish - in under 30 minutes qualifies as a warp charged recipe.

Q: Can I post recipes from the internet?
    A: Yes, you are welcome to post recipes from the internet that you've used but do not simply copy / paste and make sure you include the link(s) to the source(s) in your post. Bonus points if you share your own photos of the dish and your tips to improve on the recipe.

Q: When is the last day to submit my recipe?
    A: We will accept entries until until next Tuesday, May 26, 11:59PM ET.

I hope you enjoy sharing your favorite recipes with everyone ;)

Never Settle.

sxegti, buntycubal, keithnyc and 29 others like this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 27, 2020 at 10:43 AM

Stickied Post
    YRJ , May 27, 2020 at 10:43 AM :
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for posting your warp charged recipes. The contest was closed as of 11:59PM ET on 26th May. The Writers' Club will now pick the best ones.

Cheers!

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 18, 2020

YRJ , May 18, 2020 :
    Refer to the sample recipe of a traditional Indian sweet that can be made easily with few ingredients in under 30 minutes!

Warp Jalebi

Ingredients: (serves 2)

For sugar syrup:
    3 cups sugar
    3 cups water
    8-10 Saffron Strings
    4 drops of Orange Food Coloring (optional)

For batter:
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 tbsp yogurt
    1 teaspoon oil
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    ½ cup water
    Oil for deep frying

P.s. Piping bag or squeeze bottle required.

Procedure:

To make the Sugar Syrup - In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Add saffron, food coloring and set aside to cool.

To prepare the batter - In a large bowl mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour and yogurt, add half a teaspoon of baking powder. Add water little by little and mix the contents thoroughly. Use a beater and mix constantly for 2-3 minutes until the batter is free of lumps and a flowing consistency is obtained. (You can also add orange food coloring to the batter)

Take a pan, fill it with oil and heat at medium flame.

Meanwhile, empty the batter in a piping bag or squeeze bottle. Squeeze the batter in the pan in an outward circular motion. Once you have filled the pan with 4-5 of these increase the heat to medium-high.
    Turn them and fry till it's golden on either side. Once done, transfer them from the oil to warm sugar syrup and let it soak for 1 minute.

P.s. the longer you let it stay in the sugar syrup the sweeter it will be.

Remove jalebis from the sugar syrup and serve it on a plate. You can also garnish it with nuts.

Serving suggestions: Serve hot and enjoy with the milk.
    It should look something like this, maybe a bit more circular but okay :D
    MVIMG_20200410_155523-1.jpg

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 19, 2020

Dresa91 , May 19, 2020 :
    great thread @YRJ:)
    I can recommend this book:
    „5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy Food“ by Jamie Oliver:)
    He is a brilliant chef:)
    (https://www.amazon.co.uk/5-Ingredients-Quick-Easy-Food/dp/1250303885)

Sorta salmon niçoise (with soft-boiled eggs and yoghurt dressing) :)
    upload_2020-5-19_18-52-29.jpeg
    Ingredients: (serves 2)
    • 2 x 120 g salmon fillets , skin on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
    • 300 g green beans
    • 2 large free-range eggs
    • 8 black olives , (stone in)
    • 2 heaped tablespoons Greek yoghurt
    Method: (about 18 minutes, not too tricky)
    1. Place the salmon skin side down in a colander over a pan of boiling salted water, covered, to steam for 8 minutes.
    2. Line up the beans, trim off just the stalk end, then boil in the water under the salmon for 6 minutes, or until just cooked but not squeaky. Gently lower in the eggs to cook for exactly 5½ minutes, alongside.
    3. Meanwhile, squash the olives and remove the stones, then finely chop the flesh. Mix half of the olives through the yoghurt with a splash of red wine vinegar, taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
    4. Remove the salmon to a board, then drain the eggs and beans in the colander.
    5. Toss the beans in the dressing and divide between your plates. Refresh the eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle, then peel and cut into quarters.
    6. Flake over the salmon, discarding the skin, arrange the eggs on top and dot over the remaining chopped olives.
    7. Finish with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a good pinch of pepper, from a height
    (source: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salmon-recipes/sorta-salmon-nicoise/)

my tips:
    You can also use nuts of any kind as topping :) Or chicken breast or a cheese/sheep cheese/feta, if you don't like meat/fish :)

5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 19, 2020

6. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    Warp Limbu Sarbat (Lemon Juice)

I have recipe which every one can make it, so let's try to be warp chef...

Recipe for every generation, simple and healty

Recipe for two people:

Just take 400ML water and add 1piece lemon juice , now add 1/2 cup powder sugar or 50ml Sugar syrup in it , then add 1 table spoon black salt , 1/2 table spoon salt and 1/2 table spoon black paper powder. Now mix all ingredients well and You have done your recipe.
    Note: You can add lemon , salt and black salt as per your taste.

Now taste the difference!

Enjoy this healthy drinks with family and friends and with your self.

Serve it with ice cube and remove heat in your body!

Ingredients :
    Lemon (1 piece)
    Fresh Water (400 ml)
    Powder Sugar / Sugar syrup (1/2 cup. 50 ml)
    Black Salt (1 Table spoon)
    Salt (1/2 Table spoon)
    Black paper powder (1/2 Table spoon)
    Ice cube ( Add it as chill as you want)

Recipe is home made, so I don't require to mention creator of this recipe.

1589907709075.jpg
    * Image downloaded from Google.

Enjoy this drinks staying at home.

Cheers!!!!

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 19, 2020

8. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 19, 2020

B.I.T.S. , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello @YRJ, I think there's something missing...

A disclaimer warning people not to walk in here while being hungry. Yes, I am, thank you :rolleyes::p

So... I have some easy recipes that can be done in 30 mins, I'll gather them up, and I'll be back to make everyone hungry, mwahahahahahaha :cool:

PS: Awesome job with this thread! All your efforts were worth it ;)

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 19, 2020 :
    and eaten in a few minutes :D :p

10. B.I.T.S.

Or even less... I can eat a croqueta in seconds :D

11. kanchansill12121 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    INGREDIENTS

Brown Onions: (Note 1)

2 large Onions, sliced evenly

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil

Chicken Marinade:

700 grams Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks, bone-in and skinless (Note 2)

3/4 cup Yogurt (or hung curd)

1/4 cup Tomato Puree

1/4 cup Vegetable Oil

1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste (minced ginger and garlic)

1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder (sub with 1 teaspoon Paprika + 1 teaspoon Cayenne)

1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder

1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder

2 tablespoon Brown Onions

1 1/4 teaspoon Salt

Saffron:

2 tablespoon Hot Milk

10–15 Saffron strands

Parboiled Rice (70% cooked):

2 cups Basmati Rice (Note 3)

6 cups Water

2 tablespoon Salt

1 Bayleaf

5–6 Cloves

2–3 Cardamom Pods

Other Biryani Ingredients:

1 cup fresh Mint Leaves

1 cup fresh Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)

1 1/2 tablespoons Ghee (or Butter)

To Serve:

Crispy Brown Onions

Onion Raita

INSTRUCTIONS

Brown Onions: To make the brown onions, pat the onions dry and if time permits, leave them out on a kitchen towel for 15-20 minutes to dry them out slightly. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. On a medium flame, shallow fry the onions for 15 minutes till they are a deep golden brown, without burning them. Drain them out on a paper towel, and set aside. These can be made ahead and stored in an air tight container overnight. Burnt onions will add a bitter flavor to the biryani. You can also use store bought fried onions/ shallots which are easily available in leading supermarkets, Indian and Asian stores.

Marinate Chicken: Mix together all the ingredients under chicken marinade and marinate for at least two hours or overnight for best results.

Saffron: When you are ready to make the biryani, soak saffron strands in hot milk and rub them slightly with the back of a spoon. Set this aside.

Parboiled Rice: Bring water to a roaring boil and add salt, whole spices and basmati rice. Cook for exactly 5 minutes and drain completely, leaving the whole spices in the rice. This will cook the rice to about 70% doneness which can be checked by pressing a grain of rice between two fingers – the rice should still be raw in the middle.

Layering and Cooking Chicken Biryani: Heat a heavy bottomed pot like a dutch oven, and add the chicken to it. Cook for 4 minutes and then turn the chicken pieces once. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Scatter half the onions all over the chicken, and then all the coriander and mint leaves. Next layer the rice all over the mint and coriander, and in the end drizzle saffron milk and ghee all over the rice. Cover and cook on a low flame for 20 minutes – this will help steam the rice, cook it to doneness and cook the chicken. (Note 4)

To Finish: Once the biryani is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes, and finish by scattering the remaining onions on top. Serve hot with your favourite raita.

NOTES

While a lot of restaurants use an entire chicken cut into medium sized pieces to make biryani, this is done to cut costs. Pieces like chicken breasts dry out during the long cooking process, and that’s why I recommend using only chicken thighs and drumsticks while cooking biryani at home. You can ask your butcher to cut each chicken leg into two parts to divide it into thighs and drumsticks. Leaving the bone in keeps the chicken juicy.

Brown Onions can be slightly time consuming and tricky to make, and you can substitute them here with store bought fried onions. Just make sure that the onions are not batter fried. If you are in India, you can buy them online here, and if you live outside India, you can buy them here. They are also available at leading supermarkets, Asian and Indian stores.

While buying basmati rice, make sure you buy rice that’s labelled basmati and not just long grain rice. Basmati Rice is fragrant and has slightly thinner grains than long grain rice. Real basmati rice is what gives biryani its distinct flavor and taste.

In the last step of layering and cooking the biryani, all the ingredients are par cooked. Cooking the biryani on a low flame for 20 minutes, steams and cooks everything to doneness. If you don’t have a heavy by bottomed pot, and are using a regular pot, you can place it on a tava (or flat griddle) and then place it on the stove on a medium flame to avoid burning the chicken. The tava or griddle creates a degree of separation between the flame and the pot and provides the perfect heat source.

View attachment 1314258

12. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 19, 2020

G_plusone , May 19, 2020 :
    Croquetas :eek: :rolleyes: :p

13. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 19, 2020 :
    yeah:D haha:D
    home-cooked?:D

14. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 19, 2020

MosheG1 , May 19, 2020 :
    @YRJ awesome thread man!
    I can feel my stomach grumbling already
    can't wait to see all the awesome recipes posted!

15. Batman360
    KitKat May 19, 2020

Batman360 , May 19, 2020 :
    Nice contest @YRJ 😉

This is one of my favorite kind of fried rice, Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice (Korean Dish) and the best thing about this is, it is prepared under 30 minutes. So, I am going to give the recipe to this is a different way. 😉

For all who doesn’t know what Kimchi is, it’s a fermented vegetable dish made with napa cabbage and is a natural probiotic that’s super healthy for the gut.

This recipe is meant to be simple, without much fuss, and is perfect for a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or even breakfast! Trust me you will enjoy making it as well as eating it.

(P.S. Vegan coz chicken/fish is not allowed in my house :( )

Ingredients being :-

1.) Roll a dice coz you will be needing some rice (one cup dried rice or 3 cups cooked)

2.) Chop-chop some veggies may it be carrots, green beans or mere peas with corn babies. (1 cup of veggies)

3.) Have to eat mint after this but oh lord the dish is incomplete without some fresh garlic. (1-2 cloves, minced)

4.) You can’t use toothpaste, but what you can really use is some ginger paste. (According to taste nut if not using paste then, 1 inch knob, minced/grated)

5.) Being a lazy bum that you are, I highly recommend you going to a store to buy vegan kimchi. (>1 cups, the more the merrier) (P.S. Be sure to check the label as most store bought kimchi contains fish. If it’s vegan, it will be labeled.

6.) Not a toy but you can put some soy. (1 tablespoon soy sauce)

7.) Well don’t we all like some pretentious touch, here is one for this dish – Nori Stripes. (1 sheet, thinly sliced)

8.) There onions doesn’t make you cry and also have a cool name scallions. (2, thinly sliced, use mostly green parts)

9.) I call them burger bun seeds but you can call them anytime sesame seeds :p (Totally on your liking)

10.) Will taste little better with some sesame oil (1 tablespoon)

kimchi-fried-rice-ingredients.jpg
    (Image source: Google) (Also ignore gochujang as you ignore traffic lights in GTA.)

We don’t really like to be given instructions but I will follow any instructions to make great food. So here you go:-

1.) Well we all know how to cook rice but still if you REALLY wanna know then take a cup in you right hand (left hand if you are left handed), fill water in it (2-3 cups would be enough, don’t let the water out of the cup, you will make a mess, ughh!), put rice and water in the pan and heat it until the rice is boiled up-to perfection. Congrats, you learnt to cook rice, your mumma would be so proud of you.

2.) Stir-fry, in a pan (or a wok if you want to get in the feel of being a chef), heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 30 – 60 seconds, stirring frequently. (I warn you at this point you will start drooling, keep a towel handy)

3.) Add the rice that you cooked so beautifully, kimchi and veggies (good if frozen), give a good mix (not a remix), add the soy sauce, stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes, or until most of the liquids have been absorbed. I know your taste buds are tingling right now, so why not add a bit more soy sauce and chili flakes. Taste for flavor, adding more tamari or chili pepper flakes.

vegan-kimchi-fried-rice-recipe-1.jpg
    (Image source: Google)

If you want everything to be perfect and taste perfect and want to impress your uninvited relatives orrr your in-laws then just follow my lead and read the pointers below :-

1.) Use leftover rice (yeah you read that right),a day-old rice is great for making fried rice, because it has lost most of its moisture. I didn’t have to impress anyone but myself so I ate freshly cooked rice.

2.) If you are a cry baby for rice (don’t like rice), then you can try using 2 – 3 cups of cauliflower rice or cooked quinoa. (Quinoa ooohh yeaaahh chika chika!!)

3.) To make you neighbors jealous of what you are making, add 1/2 of a small onion, diced, and sauté for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and ginger for an amazing aroma.

4.) Working out at home? Add more protein to it by adding a couple servings of crispy fried tofu.

5.) Serve it in individual bowls with sliced nori sheets (nori stripes), scallions and sesame seeds.

Voila!! You dish is ready to be eaten. Enjoy!!

best-kimchi-fried-rice-recipe-2.jpg

Nutritional value for who want to know :-

nutrition.png

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 6:15 PM

16. Leof13@
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

MosheG1 likes this.
  17. Dresa91

18. B.I.T.S.

Lol, I'm the croquetas person... :rolleyes:

I think I should change my name to "Lady Croqueta".

Of course!! :D

19. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 19, 2020 :
    wow:)

20. Leof13@
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Leof13@ , May 19, 2020 :
    Step 1 . Boil water add salt
    Step 2 . Put soya bean for 5 mints n remove Step 3 . Wash it with cold water squeezing all the water from them
    Step 4 . Add salt , chill powered and cornflower mix n keep for 5mins
    Step 5 . Deep fry Patato for 10mins
    Step 6 . For gravy ,one oinion ,one capsicum ,chopped ginger garlic fry for 5 mins n little oil
    Step 7 . Take conflor 2 spoon and half glass of water and mix it.
    Step 8 . Add soya sauce and chill sauce on fried oinion and capsicum ,within 5 second add conflor water mix n stir For 10 seconds ,Add ajinomoto
    And mix soyabean and patato fry
    For another 15 seconds And server it

21. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 19, 2020

dsmonteiro , May 19, 2020 :
    Cataplana de marisco
    Ingredients:
    Disclaimer: I don't really do quantities while cooking, got it from my mother. Still, I will try to give approximate quantities of what I used.
    - 250g of monkfish
    - 6 big prawns
    - 300g clams
    - 1 large onion
    - half of a green bell pepper, deseeded
    - 1 tomato
    - 2 cloves of garlic
    - a bunch of cilantro
    - 50cl of white wine
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt, black pepper and crushed piri-piri pepper to taste to taste (as a reference, this shouldn't be a spicy dish, as Portuguese dishes rarely are)

Instructions:
    - Season the fish with salt and pepper
    - Slice onion, the tomato and the bell pepper, mince the garlic and put them in a cataplana (see notes below) in that order.
    - Add a fair amount of olive oil (to cover the onions)
    - Add half of the cilantro
    - Season with salt, pepper, crushed piri-piri and add the wine.
    - Place the fish, clams and the prawns inside the cataplana and add the rest of the cilantro like in the image below.
    - Close the cataplana and cook for about 15 minutes.
    - Serve with fresh bread.

Notes:
    A cataplana is a traditional cookware from the South of Portugal, usually made of copper, that is similar to two woks attached by an hinge, resembling a clam when it's closed. Since it's very unlikely that you have you one at your disposal, you can use small pot with a lid instead.

cataplana de marisco.jpeg