OnePlus Watch Deep Dive and FAQ

1. ENMTJS664
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

2. Chris kilby
    Donut Apr 14, 2021

Chris kilby , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Seriously, I had the screen pulled up and hit buy and went to pay, and it said that item would be removed from my cart because it was no longer in stock. It took me 30 to 45 seconds to go through the process and it is now showing out of stock. There was no white version available at all, just the black version and no cobalt limited edition available (figured that one would not be available yet)

That is one horrible way to launch a new product and enter into a new market segment. I am so disappointed.

No need for a deep dive / FAQ when you only have a handful available for sale.

When is the date for more stock? When is the release date for the Cobalt Ltd. Edition? Requesting someone from OnePlus to address in this forum

3. dpgx81
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2021

dpgx81 , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Same, still sitting in my cart but is OOS. I think my wife is even more disappointed, she just switched from ios to a OP9 Pro and doesn't have a supported watch.

4. USMC2010
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

USMC2010 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    How many did they make, 10? Instantly out of stock every launch tells me they are not manufacturing enough. It is long past time to stop behaving like a startup company.

5. F_Amanda_Farrugia_Dimech , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    I thought that they said you can download Spotify on it during the launch... This is very disappointing!

6. BombasticElm
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

7. mandacarallo
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2021

mandacarallo , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Parece ser que yo fuí uno de los afortunados que pudo completar el pedido. Entré en la web ayer por la mañana y ví con sorpresa que se podía hacer la precompra. No me lo pensé y realicé el pedido correctamente. Ahora figura que se enviará el día 29 y me llegará el día 6 de mayo. Esperemos que sea así.

8. wasim19
    Eclair Apr 15, 2021

9. X1602326733041
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

X1602326733041 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Dear oneplus. I got my watch today and very disappointed to know that chines version of oneplus watch can not be paired to any mobile phone outside the china
    Useless device with useless software..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021

10. Q1535922987812
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

11. groovemetal81
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

groovemetal81 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Within an hour all the watches were sold out before noon I went to eBay and there's over 40 listings from $300 to $400 of OnePlus watches... Does anybody know when the next release is going to be? Or when the other colors will come out

12. Chris kilby
    Donut Apr 15, 2021

Chris kilby , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Exactly This! These watches are already on sale on eBay for $300 to $400 and each seller has multiples of them. This is just like every time Nike releases a new limited edition shoe on their app. People with Bots software technology buy all of them in a matter of seconds and then the only place the average user can find them is in the secondary markets for a while. If retailers are going to do a limited inventory release, they should have software in place to limit one per customer per account. People who support and regularly buy Oneplus products should be "rewarded" if you will, with an opportunity to buy new product releases.

groovemetal81 likes this.
  13. groovemetal81
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

The saddest part about this is that I checked the box in the OnePlus store to be notified when the watches we're ready to be sold.... They never sent me an email. Yes these bots are out of control. I was just at a Best buy location and the guys there told me this happened with Xbox PlayStation or even GPUs don't even make it to the store because Bots have them all blocked before they even take delivery

Chris kilby likes this.

14. Chris kilby likes this.
  15. Chris kilby
    Donut Apr 15, 2021

Chris kilby , Apr 15, 2021 :
    I did get a response from Customer support. It did not make me feel any better now that I see people who were able to purchase multiples of these watches just to turn around and re-sell them. Again, if the product is that limited in quantity make it available to registered Oneplus customers and limit it to 1 per customer initially.

See their response below:

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.

We understand that you were very excited to purchase our brand new OnePlus Watch which said stock is unavailable within 45 seconds from the time of release. We can imagine how disappointing this must be, we will review this and provide the necessary information for you.

We have checked our resources and official website to find out what went wrong with the stock and we observed that the demand for the watches were really higher than anticipated.

Please know that we are slowing ramping up our production capabilities and the pandemic has reduced our manufacturing efficiency. We are thrilled with the response for these watches and we are going to re-stock the product as soon as possible.

However, this was a flash sale and we request you to wait for the proper sales. We would love to see you purchasing our brand new watch very soon. We once again thank you for your interest in OnePlus and please keep supporting us like this.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. Take care and have a great day!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021

Bzzybfrm313 likes this.
  16. taranveer26
    Donut Apr 15, 2021

17. groovemetal81
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

It's actually comical lol... In their response they said they were sold out within 45 seconds! That right there should let them know something's wrong... But I agree with you they should have reserved them to people with One Plus accounts or give OnePlus account holders and/or those active in the OnePlus community a special early release.

Gennady_A likes this.