OnePlus Watch Deep Dive and FAQ

1. jezgibson
    Froyo Apr 15, 2021

jezgibson , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Totally agree, it's weird, OnePlus talk so much about cultivating their community only to drop the ball at every opportunity and I say this as a customer since the OPO. They should have opened pre-sales to existing customers, it's not rocket science.

groovemetal81 likes this.
  2. groovemetal81
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

groovemetal81 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    I read that it has an NFC radio but doesn't support mobile payments. My fossil gen 5 Carlyle works awesome with all my OP devices... No mobile payments is a bummer for me.
    1618500715687.jpg

jimmmysil likes this.

3. martinsbrown81
    Froyo Apr 15, 2021

martinsbrown81 , Apr 15, 2021 :
    For the people who didn't get to buy a watch before they became sold out - another well known large American online company is taking pre orders (both colours available). The price is the same as buying from OnePlus direct, not sure if OnePlus is using this company as an official partner/platform for sales?

jezgibson likes this.

4. Bzzybfrm313 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Source,when and website

5. sv3n
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

Vanshh1 likes this.
  6. nicholas.dias11
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

7. prathamjain2203
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

prathamjain2203 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    This is so disappointing..!!!
    No NFC Support..!
    No Play Store..!
    No Custom Reply..!
    No Assistent like Google Assistent or Alexa..!
    No AOD...!

Please reply if these things are coming in future. Its very disappointing and i am expecting something better from Oneplus as i am a huge fan.🥲

jimmmysil likes this.
  8. martinsbrown81
    Froyo Apr 15, 2021

martinsbrown81 , Apr 15, 2021 :
    The website is named after a rainforest in Brazil 😉 (sorry I don't want to get into trouble for posting specific names/brands) & they are available to pre order now - at least on the UK version of there website.

9. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2021

jimmmysil , Apr 15, 2021 :
    @Raymond Z.
    As I read around reviewers are very unhappy with the one plus smartwatch because the software is not on par with the competition although the hardware is good! Since software is something that can change I expect one plus to deliver as soon as possible at least these features which are popular amongst smart watches! We Support you with our purchases and our pre orders and we expect from you guys to do the same!

1. Always On Display, although it might have a negative impact on battery life we want the choice to be ours, give us the ability to turn on and off this feature according to our needs. In my opinion having a great amoled screen without always on display is a gimmicky!
    2. Expand the 3d party apps support integration. As I read around one plus watch is only supporting 4-5 apps please expand this list at least to the most popular play store apps like viber, gmail, google messages, sms apps etc.
    3. Give us the ability to expand the notifications so we can read the actual notification and not only the title of a message or an email.
    4. Give us the ability to write our own quick responses and send them to someone that called us or to someone that texted us via messagea.or an app.
    5. Give us the ability to swipe off notifications one by one so we don't have to clear off all of our notifications at once, we might wanna keep some notifications there.
    6. More watch faces! Although this is not something urgent in my opinion, more watch faces will make this smartwatch to fit in more occasions!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021

martinsbrown81 likes this.
  10. abubaker siddiq
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

11. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2021

jimmmysil , Apr 16, 2021 :
    No it doesn't, for now it doesn't have any integration with google maps as far as we know.

abubaker siddiq likes this.
  12. sita3444
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2021

Q1594135247650 likes this.
  13. abubaker siddiq
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

abubaker siddiq , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 16, 2021 :
    No ,sale its for both normal and limited edition but in the first sale price will 14999 without card offer
    with card offer 12999 for normal edition.

14. McLarenMania
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2021

15. only_shubham
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

jimmmysil likes this.
  16. tomtigersIII , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Apr 16, 2021 :
    I don't see oneplus listed for preorder there.

17. Prudentsnow
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2021

Prudentsnow , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Overall a great watch and I think its a real accomplishment to release this as a first watch. I can't wait to get my hands on one (preferrably the cobalt version).

Some things to consider:
    • I saw a review which stated that the Dutch language isn't always transferred properly.
      This can affect the premium feel of the watch.
    • AOD is really nice to have as you don't always lift your arm before looking at your watch:
      • for example, as I am typing on my desktop, I tend to look at my watch for the time without moving my arm.
      • AOD should preferrably just tell the time and maybe a notification icon. This way it might be the most battery life efficient and still supply to the request.
    • In my opinion, the watch should be an addition to the phone instead of replacing the phone for calling. So calling with the watch should not be a necessity.
      • Accepting a call is on the other hand very handy. For example when on a bike and you have your earbuds in. Then you dont need to grab for your phone to answer the call.
      • Instead you could use the build in Mic an speaker for e.g. Alexa or Google assistant.
    Although these are points for perfection, I still am very thrilled to get one, and hopefully these points might help you take it to the next level.

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021

Obizoba likes this.