4. anurag_shatakshi
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

5. Deactivated User
    Apr 13, 2021

rickvdsommen and Sh4Gan like this.
  6. Sh4Gan
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

Sh4Gan , Apr 14, 2021 :
    I'm really disappointed what exactly OnePlus watch is.

I expect from OnePlus watch long life battery but with options like:

- GPS Offline Maps (OSM Based for example) which can take more battery in time when we use it
    - Possibility to respond for messages by voice
    - Control TV by IrDA (will be nice) because OnePlus TV it's a joke which are still not available in many countries (if you didn't believe in your product then why you put app to smartwatch which are will be selling in all worldwide ?)
    - Simple apps like Calculator, Calendar, SMS App, Flashlight Dialer (supporting Skype, Discord, Messanger, Jami calls will be amazing)
    - Payments and quick access to cards (from shops etc.)
    - eSIM...
    Now i see the OnePlus watch it's something like Xiaomi mi band / Amazfit Bip with bigger screen but less functionality...
    Looks like Garmin Smartwatch was at this moment most useful smartwatch which i have... but didn't have metal ring and came to bin :p

I specially didn't buy new Garmin to wait what my OnePlus offer :( But it's another smart band ;/

rickvdsommen likes this.
  7. FragMe@Sahil
    Donut Apr 19, 2021

8. ybpulse , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Why did one plus settled on so many things the watch needed. I was looking forward to buy it but lacking third party apps to play music and watch faces makes it such a downgrade.
    Touch to wake is not there and even always on display. Just some may be promises.
    Why would you buy something which has things you need now promised in a may be future.
    Dissaaponted with one plus on the watch.
    I think they finally settled.

rickvdsommen likes this.
  9. m3n1ce
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

m3n1ce , May 5, 2021 :
    i have to say when i first saw the news of the watch i was verry excited and i was very fast in ordering it, but sadly i regret it already.
    the watch has minimal functionality even with the new update that was released it still lacks alot if you compare it to similar watches in the same price range.
    it has no OS i can't even use spotify on the watch the sleep tracking doesn't work propperly i keep having issues with the GPS that keeps failing me.
    you can read app messages but you only have a set amount of standard replies and you are not able to customize it.

all in all i want to say do not buy this you will regret it.

10. Loubear
    Honeycomb May 9, 2021

Loubear , May 9, 2021 :
    I'm really quite surprised how poor this watch has been executed tbh, given the R&D and time OP had to get this right. Also there's plenty of competition out there to understand what works and what doesn't. My quick views below:

What they got right
    • Build quality of the watch is great, screen feels nice and display is good.
    • Charging speeds and 'snap' to magnetic charger is strong (why isn't the cable red like other products?)
    • Speed of navigation through the watch is great.
    What they got wrong
    • Pretty much EVERYTHING else.
    • The decision to ultimately not go with WearOS has killed all usability and longevity of this product - TicWatch E2 is cheaper and you can do more with it.
    • No double tap to wake?
    • No NFC payments.
    • Fiddly watch strap.
    • No ability to use basically any app you would like to use from your phone across to the watch.
    Ultimately, OP thought they were being clever quickly hashing out a watch to meet demand. However, they decided that battery life and simplicity were the most important aspects of a watch and, as a result, have compromised and settled on everything else - all the major points many users would actually want from a smart watch.

Fortunately for me, I also have a TicWatch Pro 3 so I'll be continuing with that as my daily. I've turned my OP Watch off now and quite frankly, I can't see myself ever really going back to it.

There was a huge opportunity here to create a product to matxh what Mobvoi does with their TicWatch, or at least put some pressure on Apple/Samsung but instead they've just made themselves a laughing stock.

It's such a shame, I love OP and was really excited about this watch, but they've cocked it up. Huge hype, massive launch yet failed all expectations.

rickvdsommen likes this.
  11. MirceaForce
    Gingerbread May 10, 2021

MirceaForce , May 10, 2021 :
    the Watch has so many bugs, hope software updates will do the trick.

When we will have the cobalt edition ?