OnePlus Watch Software Update B.40 Change Log and Upcoming OTA Updates Plan

1. danishhazari
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

danishhazari , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Agree but too costly and poor battery life.

May be oneplus resolve all the issues in future. Also, if they choose RTOS there may be some base to it as every major smartphone company have their own watch OS.

But yes nice decision as of now for choosing fossil.

2. Numael Martínez
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Numael Martínez , Apr 22, 2021 :
    @Raymond Z. I cannot understand why the OPW Moonlight Silver is not available in USA. Like a customer I think that is not fair.

You made marketing with that version/color and then is only available in India. Why is the purpose of that?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021

3. wmm
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

wmm , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Results vary. Some people report wildly inaccurate readings, others report very good accuracy. The update yesterday reportedly increased the accuracy of GPS and heart readings, so I imagine things will improve as time goes by.

4. wmm
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

wmm , Apr 22, 2021 :
    It is not. The supported languages at the moment are English, Hindi, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, and French.

teodedas likes this.
  5. wmm
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

wmm , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Yes, but only via the Bluetooth connection to the phone. It does not have a SIM slot. However, phone calls on the watch, with your phone still in your pocket, work well in my experience; I was able to hear and be heard clearly.

6. Maharshi_10
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

Maharshi_10 , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Can anyone tell me when is the second sale for the one plus watch gonna commence in India ? Wasn't able to get it in the first sale since everything was sold out in 10-15 minutes. ?

7. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2021

diablo0090 , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Hey price is simply 18499 pretty much worth every penny if you look at the build and features. Battery life is good, charges in an hour and if always on display is turned off lasts a day and half.

If you ask me it's the perfect decision. One reason I won't be stuck to a OnePlus phone to use a OnePlus watch. I can very much use calling and all features of the watch on my Nord, Pixel 4a and Galaxy s21

danishhazari likes this.
  8. danishhazari
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

danishhazari , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    That very much make sense. Agreed.

But fossil gen5 is prices at 22995 on amazon. Where did u get from at 18499?

9. deep_patel_007
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

10. Marco_Erre
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

11. ConnectMrMJ
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

ConnectMrMJ , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Nord is on March security patch (rolled on 23rd March itself) & OnePlus follows bi-monthly pattern LoL. Before u ask somethin know ur version first 😂

12. antzinieris , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Apr 22, 2021 :
    It will be really helpful if it can support Google apps like Google assistant and Google pay and also since it has 2gb storage to be able to support streaming apps like spotify so we can download Playlist through the watch. Lastly if it can include a pdf viewer app.

13. wmm
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

wmm , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I won't disagree with the decision, although it's different from mine (I had a WearOS watch before buying the OnePlus watch, and one of the major reasons I decided to switch was all the bugs I had to deal with in that watch). However, I should point out that the OnePlus watch does _not_ require a OnePlus phone; it works fine with any phone running a modern version of Android.

14. wmm
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

wmm , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I'm curious about what you would use that for. Most PDFs I deal with don't even work well with the phone in portrait mode; I have to use it in landscape mode to make the page big enough to read the text and view the graphics. I can't imagine using the tiny watch screen to display any PDF I've encountered.

Z1618152774127 likes this.
  15. BodmarkWilhelm
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

BodmarkWilhelm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Would love a golf app for the watch. Perhaps even a golf collaboration with Callaway or Titleist to get a hold of some form of golf software to monitor swings and courses?

16. Romulinx
    Eclair Apr 22, 2021

17. S1577375760554
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

18. Sorriso_NWK
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

Sorriso_NWK , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Whew, it was getting spicy in here! An executive made a decision to rush a product to the market prematurely. That's reflective of the company's business culture. In order for OP to remain competitive, that's gonna have to change. Pure and simple.

viper134 likes this.