OnePlus Watch Software Update B.48 Change Log

1. Jashanth
    Eclair May 5, 2021

Jashanth , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 5, 2021 :
    Guy's, basically if you need a 12hrs format just change your phone's time format & if you want 24hrs time format back again just change it in your phone that's it . For me both 12hrs & 24hrs is working after B49 update on watch. Cheers
    #loveoneplus

2. Lucille
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

3. wmm
    KitKat May 5, 2021

wmm , May 5, 2021 :
    I don't believe it has the hardware support (sensor) to read the temperature, so that is unlikely ever to occur. Alexa integration just requires software changes, but I haven't heard anything indicating that it's something they or Amazon plan to do.

4. wmm
    KitKat May 5, 2021

wmm , May 5, 2021 :
    Mine charged normally after the B.49 update.

5. wmm
    KitKat May 5, 2021

wmm , May 5, 2021 :
    The B.49 update has 12-hour support; it copies the 12/24-hour setting from your phone. No additional watch faces with this update, however (except for the four new ones used by the always-on display).

6. S_San_Navo
    Froyo May 5, 2021

S_San_Navo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 5, 2021 :
    Technically, this is therefore a success, but we will point the finger at a flaw that is actually more software than relative to the screen: the lack of alway-on-display mode, yet enabled by the AMOLED screen.
    Since we're talking about image, let's talk about sound. The Watch has a loudspeaker and a microphone for telephone conversations. A success on this point, since the microphone delivers a clear voice for your interlocutor, even if your arm is far from your mouth. The speakers do not work miracles given their very small size. The voices are audible and understandable, despite a "radio" effect which distorts the tone and a certain lack of power (this makes use outdoors difficult). It’s far from unbelievable, but it’s correct. said:
    Smart Wear is very basic in its use and gets to the point. With the upper button, you can access a series of applications arranged online. Here we have the great classic of connected watches: Analysis of sleep, oxygen in the blood, heart rate or even alarm and music player. It brings other applications like "Breathing" which allows you to focus on your breath to reduce stress, or the flashlight, ideal if you get up at night. Note also the presence of a very practical feature that allows you to find your cell phone by ringing it.
    The OS offers its own training programs based on your activity and logs performance for better monitoring. There are fourteen in total, which is a bit tight. There is no example of bodybuilding.
    In everyday life, the OnePlus Watch has as many strengths as it has weaknesses. We talked about the qualities: we have everything we can expect in a connected watch and everything works as it should. Regarding daily use, there is still room for improvement. For example, we can evoke an OS that sometimes grinds, showing slowdowns and very painful jerks. It's relatively rare, but we saw it two or three times in our week of testing. Likewise, the navigation would have deserved more care, not being really intuitive in some cases.
    For example, accessing the main menu is via the top button. Pressing it when the watch is on brings up the list of apps. But sometimes the tap does not work instantly and therefore prompts you to press a second time, which relocks the watch, because the first press has finally been taken into account. When it is off, you have to press it twice. In short, we quickly get tangled up in the brushes. Frustrating.
    Another example of poorly designed intuitiveness concerns notifications. You receive a message via SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger or any other service, your Watch vibrates to alert you, which is normal. What is less is that said texts prove to be unreadable once they accumulate. While a single message can be read at a glance (unless it's a bit long), it becomes impossible when you have several piling up. You then have to select them one by one to read them, which is not very practical on such a small screen. We also cannot respond to notifications and the few responses available on Whatsapp are very limited. We would therefore prefer to take out our smartphone in these cases. Likewise, the watch regularly receives the same messages twice, which does not help. Pity. Finally, the apps are sorted into a list, and the navigation isn't exactly ideal if you have big fingers.
    Finally, OnePlus has simply translated "hard" to many interface elements. Here are some of the faults I found:
    "Mise à jour en cours de mise à jour"
    "Soulever pour égayer l’écran"
    "Auot-luminosité" instead of "auto-luminosité"
    "Mot passe" instead of "Mot de passe"
    "En ce qui concerne" instead of "à propos"
    "Lorsqu’elle est allumée la montre est coupé"
    "Activer minuté"
    "une carte de fon"
    "Ringtonelydstyrke"
    "Mode de mute"
    "Auto luminosités"
    "compte d’activité" means ??
    "Entraîne" instead of "entraînement"
    "Inhaler" instead of "Inspirer"
    "Exhaler" instead of "Expirer"
    For the rest, we have a classic watch, but efficient. If it connects well with bluetooth, it can be used separately when you go for a run. You can then store 4 GB of music for your sport, which is appreciable. A simple click on the Android application reconnects it. We also appreciate the extremely simple context menu, which allows us to interact with the most basic functions (flashlight, alarm clock) and to see its battery level.

Mohammed_Hisham_1990 likes this.
  7. S_San_Navo
    Froyo May 5, 2021

S_San_Navo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 5, 2021 :

Technically, this is therefore a success, but we will point the finger at a flaw that is actually more software than relative to the screen: the lack of alway-on-display mode, yet enabled by the AMOLED screen.
    Since we're talking about image, let's talk about sound. The Watch has a loudspeaker and a microphone for telephone conversations. A success on this point, since the microphone delivers a clear voice for your interlocutor, even if your arm is far from your mouth. The speakers do not work miracles given their very small size. The voices are audible and understandable, despite a "radio" effect which distorts the tone and a certain lack of power (this makes use outdoors difficult). It’s far from unbelievable, but it’s correct.
    Smart Wear is very basic in its use and gets to the point. With the upper button, you can access a series of applications arranged online. Here we have the great classic of connected watches: Analysis of sleep, oxygen in the blood, heart rate or even alarm and music player. It brings other applications like "Breathing" which allows you to focus on your breath to reduce stress, or the flashlight, ideal if you get up at night. Note also the presence of a very practical feature that allows you to find your cell phone by ringing it.
    The OS offers its own training programs based on your activity and logs performance for better monitoring. There are fourteen in total, which is a bit tight. There is no example of bodybuilding.
    In everyday life, the OnePlus Watch has as many strengths as it has weaknesses. We talked about the qualities: we have everything we can expect in a connected watch and everything works as it should. Regarding daily use, there is still room for improvement. For example, we can evoke an OS that sometimes grinds, showing slowdowns and very painful jerks. It's relatively rare, but we saw it two or three times in our week of testing. Likewise, the navigation would have deserved more care, not being really intuitive in some cases.
    For example, accessing the main menu is via the top button. Pressing it when the watch is on brings up the list of apps. But sometimes the tap does not work instantly and therefore prompts you to press a second time, which relocks the watch, because the first press has finally been taken into account. When it is off, you have to press it twice. In short, we quickly get tangled up in the brushes. Frustrating.
    Another example of poorly designed intuitiveness concerns notifications. You receive a message via SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger or any other service, your Watch vibrates to alert you, which is normal. What is less is that said texts prove to be unreadable once they accumulate. While a single message can be read at a glance (unless it's a bit long), it becomes impossible when you have several piling up. You then have to select them one by one to read them, which is not very practical on such a small screen. We also cannot respond to notifications and the few responses available on Whatsapp are very limited. We would therefore prefer to take out our smartphone in these cases. Likewise, the watch regularly receives the same messages twice, which does not help. Pity. Finally, the apps are sorted into a list, and the navigation isn't exactly ideal if you have big fingers.
    Finally, OnePlus has simply translated "hard" to many interface elements. Here are some of the faults I found:
    "Mise à jour en cours de mise à jour"
    "Soulever pour égayer l’écran"
    "Auot-luminosité" instead of "auto-luminosité"
    "Mot passe" instead of "Mot de passe"
    "En ce qui concerne" instead of "à propos"
    "Lorsqu’elle est allumée la montre est coupé"
    "Activer minuté"
    "une carte de fon"
    "Ringtonelydstyrke"
    "Mode de mute"
    "Auto luminosités"
    "compte d’activité" means ??
    "Entraîne" instead of "entraînement"
    "Inhaler" instead of "Inspirer"
    "Exhaler" instead of "Expirer"
    For the rest, we have a classic watch, but efficient. If it connects well with bluetooth, it can be used separately when you go for a run. You can then store 4 GB of music for your sport, which is appreciable. A simple click on the Android application reconnects it. We also appreciate the extremely simple context menu, which allows us to interact with the most basic functions (flashlight, alarm clock) and to see its battery level.

Sanjay_NS46 and m49100 like this.
  8. M1620054155218
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

M1620054155218 , May 5, 2021 :
    Need body temperature option and silent feature on call, weather is also not synchronised properly

Serugu San and JvdBeemt like this.
  9. m49100
    Froyo May 5, 2021

m49100 , May 5, 2021 :
    Thank u for the info

Serugu San likes this.
  10. H1574522413896
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

H1574522413896 , May 5, 2021 :
    Thanks mate.
    Yeah I'm connected to OpenVPN with my mobile but I still see W301GB_11_B.40 as latest......

Sandeep Poddar likes this.
  11. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb May 5, 2021

jimmmysil , May 5, 2021 :
    @Raymond Z.
    Nice to see that you are listening our needs guys and do your best to improve the user experience.

In my opinion it is very critical for a one plus smartwatch to get the following improvements as soon as possible:

1. Fix the synchronization to google fit, as for now sleep data synchronizes fine but workout data not visible at all.

2. Add more notification icons to popular apps like viber.

3. Give us the ability to add our custom quick replies because not everyone's native language is supported by the default one plus smartwatch languages.

4. Give us the ability to be able to reply with a quick reply to every popular message app like viber, Facebook messenger etc.

5. Give as AOD watch faces that are reflecting the watch face we have chosen in a trimmed version.

6. Let us swipe off notifications individually from the list without actually opening them one by one to do that.

7. If we swipe off a notification also reflect that and swipe it off from the phone.

8. Give us a calendar app to the watch that will also synchronize to our google calendar phone app. We have a smartwatch without calendar!

9. Give us a notes app and the ability to set a reminder that also will synchronize with google keep and or the Google calendar app.

Last edited: May 5, 2021

12. Markh2000
    Honeycomb May 5, 2021

Markh2000 , May 5, 2021 :
    Love the watch but the functionality is very lacking.

1) Please integrate Google fit into the watch alot more and better. The OnePlus health app tracking is way off. Google fit I'm tracking 1000 steps and on OnePlus health only 600 steps!?

2) Allow the option to reply messages to notification such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc instead of just 4 quick replies.

3) Not sure how doable this is but I'd love some way to pay using Google pay, I read the watch has NFC so surely a workaround could be made for this.

4) Support for more watch faces and being able to customize your own please.

5) Music support please! Give an option for me to listen to Spotify, Amazon music, YouTube music etc with the watch.

Please listen to the fans and first adopters and make this watch great @OnePlus

13. wmm
    KitKat May 5, 2021

wmm , May 5, 2021 :
    If they do that, I'd like an option to keep the current behavior. Many times I get a non-urgent notification that I want to keep in order to deal with it later, but with the watch screen so small, I don't want it cluttering up the list of notifications on the watch. The current behavior is ideal for that: I can close the notification on the watch in order to keep that list empty most of the time, while retaining the notification on the phone to remind me to deal with it eventually.

I always hated the fact that, in WearOS, whenever I swiped off a notification on the watch it also disappeared from the phone. Maybe they can do something like the Gmail app allows, where swiping to the left and to the right have different actions - i.e., swipe to the left only removes it from the watch while swiping to the right removes it from both the watch and the phone or some such.

jimmmysil likes this.
  14. Q1609428926472
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

15. Sandeep Poddar
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2021

Sandeep Poddar , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2021 :
    Try refreshing the update page a few times. Didn't come for me as well at first instance.

16. MrCaira
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

MrCaira , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 5, 2021 :
    Just got the watch finally!! And this far mostly good experiences, I even have Google fit sync just fine for now. I would love to see some more customization of the watch faces. For example.. I use the "red gear" face. But what if i wanted it orange. Why not allow people to change the accent colors on colored faces like that..

I've seen that it actually controls my Spotify on the phone which i thank you for 🤩

But please give us
    - Tap to wake.
    - Google Assistant features on Android

And for the love of god fix weather sync.
    Tried everything i could find about it and no sync..
    Just nothing.

Im excited to see the watch keep improving.

17. M1597142118132
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

18. F1529820050367
    Donut May 5, 2021

F1529820050367 , May 5, 2021 :
    Expected a good and crafted product from one plus , but right now it fails , it settled with a product launch with a half baked and half learnt watch....

Needed a hard work with listening the feedbacks of loyal customers who just paid a hefty price for the brand name one plus...

one plus has to deliver and keep the flag high..

19. danishhazari likes this.