OnePlus... We Need To Talk... (OnePlus 9 Series edition)

1. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 23, 2021

Baymax , Mar 23, 2021 :
    upload_2021-3-23_10-27-25.png

As I've said in the past, it's just a talk. Sit down... It's just a talk.

OnePlus... You listened. I am glad that you did. The start of the entire start of the presentation great!

However, There was one caveat. You all called this the OnePlus 9 series event yet for 40 minutes, you only talked about the 9 Pro. Whether it was the talk about the Hasselblad camera, (we'll return on this), or the Snapdragon 888, (again, we'll return on this) or any of the features talked about; it was about the OnePlus 9 Pro. Where is the rest of the series? Oh, there it is 42 minutes into the presentation.

Why did you take time to talk about a watermark in the Hasselblad part? That was a bit strange.

Should have also mentioned the 888 in the 9 while talking about the snapdragon, in my opinion.
    A 7-minute presentation for the regular 9.
    I understand that you want to sell the 9 Pro more, but at least mention things in common with the Pro series throughout the first part. If I completely missed this though, I will admit my fault.

Next came the watch, which honestly, I was impressed by the usage of cobalt material. The features are insane too! Wish it had Wear OS though.

Alrighty, back to the mobile accessories. That's all fine. Pretty cool droid case too.

And Prices!
    Honestly, the watch is a nice price, and the phone price too (For everywhere except US; I feel like the US got a little swindled). Agh! Why do you keep us guessing about the cobalt though!

Honestly, for this launch I AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING ANYTHING WRONG. So much better than the 8T launch.

Well done, OnePlus. Looking forward to seeing improvement in the future.

2. stansuys
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2021

Tobikage likes this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 24, 2021

luxuskamel, Bobbie63 and pa5t1s like this.
  4. rohitanand
    KitKat Mar 24, 2021

Tobikage likes this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 24, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 24, 2021 :

*Hasselblad Camera for Mobile..... that multiplied by 1000x per minute

6. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Mar 24, 2021

pa5t1s , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Totally agree with you @Baymax, it was an "OnePlus 9 Pro" launch advertisement for Hasselblad and OnePlus eventually... For a couple of years, I've found those events a bit boring: monotonal speeches, neutral face expressions, polished and perfect/professional shoots (oh yes, was it a phone or a DSLR? o_O).
    So, where is the fun?
    I was merely interested in the watch. Fine. A very long presentation of the "cobalt" model...just to be warned that "it will be available soon™...". Seriously?
    So, please OnePlus: less marketing BS, more fun!

luxuskamel, Baymax, Tokolozi and 3 others like this.
  7. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 24, 2021

Baymax , Mar 24, 2021 :
    That being said. It was one of the better launches by OnePlus.

8. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 24, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 24, 2021 :
    what are you saying? :rolleyes:

But @Baymax you say 9 Pro, all I heard and saw for entire time was Hasselblad and some mentions of 9 Pro. An Apple like attempt on Spec list but worst. I mean even I could do better. All they had to do was align texts and boxes. :rolleyes:

9. funmunke
    Marshmallow Mar 24, 2021

funmunke , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Oh come on. What about the glorious OnePlus Two launch #HYPE OR GTFO!

luxuskamel, Baymax, Tokolozi and 4 others like this.
  10. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 24, 2021

brian.sedore , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I found it pretty heavy on the Pro, too. However, I did notice they mentioned similarities with the 9 and 9 Pro along the way sometimes. One thing that would have been nice was the OS and UI on the watch.

pa5t1s likes this.
  11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 24, 2021

Bobbie63 , Mar 24, 2021 :
    It almost looks like it’s obligatory for presentations to be boring, just a listing of specs and showing some pictures, it’s always lacking “fire”. It’s not just OnePlus, it looks to be common in this business. Tbh, my focus is gone after 5min and after 10min I stop watching.

Maybe the people presenting these kind of events should get some training or so or just hire a guest host and pour the presentation in the format of an interview with the responsible people to make it more “watchable”.

12. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2021

GuitarBart , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I watched the whole presentation as I was mostly curious about the watch and definitely agree. It was good, but a bit on the long side with the focus on the Pro.

13. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 24, 2021

Are you saying you dont like the flagship ? :rolleyes:

luxuskamel, Caoimhín and SJBoss like this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 24, 2021

@Carl In VR !

luxuskamel, pa5t1s, SJBoss and 2 others like this.
  15. Loubear
    Honeycomb Mar 24, 2021

Loubear , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I thought it was pretty well done, I do agree that as a 9 Series presentation, each device should've had equal time. I also felt that there was no discussion around the OS for the watch and how it has been designed specifically to improve certain areas (the reasons why they opted out of WearOS). There could've been a bit more on the trigger accessories on how it looks on the phone/used - a short gaming snippet or something?

I think for future presentations, there will be a bit more focus on the 'How our relationship with Hasselblad has grown' since the 9 Series launch. Given there is a 3-year relationship, I hope to see some big improvements in the next set of devices camera-wise. They SHOULD be the best smartphone cameras available with Hasselblad.

Looking forwards, the 10 Series success for me will all be about how OP can remove the hole-punch camera, through their new R&D that was mentioned a while back. THIS will be the next game-changer in mobile devices as nobody has been able to successfully do it (aside from OP with the 7 Pro [Pop-up camera], but understand it was costly with more moving parts).

Baymax and pa5t1s like this.
  16. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 24, 2021

17. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Mar 24, 2021

Tokolozi , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Great review on the release! I agree on the points mentioned, only I would say one thing extra.
    And this counts for all their releases:

Cut the Hype.

18. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Mar 24, 2021

ParamK. , Mar 24, 2021 :
    There was a OnePlus 9
    [​IMG]
    P.S. this a joke

I too can agree with this one

luxuskamel, Baymax and Tokolozi like this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 24, 2021

theshinybeast , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Has a new phone been released?

luxuskamel, pa5t1s and Tokolozi like this.
  20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 24, 2021

theshinybeast , Mar 24, 2021 :
    What's a OnePlus Two? :rolleyes:

luxuskamel, Baymax, funmunke and 3 others like this.