OnePlus... We need to talk...

1. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Woah Geeky is not impressed.
    OP have been recycling sales each years, with people purchasing every release.
    It's the easiest way to Increase prices and to bolster sales numbers.

Deactivated User and akks like this.
  2. Martin70
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

Martin70 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    @malidan what phone are you roccking at this moment? Or what phone would you say is better with features at the OP7T series price points?

3. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    You guys will believe any old nonsense. OP is the only OEM I can think of that apologies whilst rising prices every year.
    Everybody knows it's coming just don't do it on the same device twice per year.

BUILD A DIFFERENT DEVICE.
    Samsung
    Huawei
    Apple
    Xiaomi
    LG
    Sony
    Honor

For some strange reason reaching out to OP seems to be the new Youtube reviewer line, why don't they reach out and tell them that?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I have the Mate 20 Pro( who doesn't in the UK after the crazy deals over the last month.)
    The smart jumped in and grabbed one, thanks MR. TRUMP.
    Tracking says My ROG2 will be here this week, the 7T series " can't touch this" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

What is better than the 7T series? Everything that was better than the 7Pro, nothing has changed.
    The 7T is cheaper but lack the top teir specs and nothing has really changed on the 7 pro.

Due to varriences some will have the same sized battery already.

Performance is only seen in benchmarks, just like when the SD821 was released.

Charging will be the same on retail units.

OP saying camera improvements means nothing, they say that every year.

90hz an unsupported gimmick especially when you can not hold at 60 FPS.

As a range there are no Improvements to talk about, only the increase in price to jump on the hype train.

The current prices on the grey market on the 7 ( which was whack) and the 7Pro are much more appealing.

Black Friday will be quality day
    Note 10+
    LG V50
    Mate. 30 Pro/ X
    ;)

5. Martin70
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

Martin70 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 14, 2019 :
    That is a good phone you have and yes, some crazy deals were around. The ROG2 was a phone I considered but the weight particularly put me off, it is a worthy contender, but at a higher price tag.

I have played with nearly all but the top tier phones apart from the ROG2, and the 7TPro had most of the specs I was looking for. I would have preferred more storage.

I just don't understand why it is worth your time and effort disparaging a decent phone?

6. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Your man J Wills is on it.

No BS.

7. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I paid £450 for my Tencent ROG 2 and I have said any disparaging about the 7T.

The current pricing of the 7Pro on the WWW makes the 7T pointless.
    OP have totally the plot, twice the price of the K20 Pro with only stereo speakers and a 90 Hz screen?

Crazy!

Again this is another one for the fans.

8. Martin70
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

Watching it now, he is making points already made in this thread.

9. Martin70
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

That is an excellent price for the Tencent ROG 2, I am sure you will enjoy it.

10. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Wait for the OS part :tearsofjoy:

Reality. ;)

11. malidan
    Nougat Oct 14, 2019

malidan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I dunno. I am Not totally sold on this high refresh rate suff. I spent some time with Razor and I wasn't really impressed.
    But I can easily turn it around, hence the purchase, the OP7 Pro may be next so don't tell the bots.;)

Martin70 likes this.
  12. David Y.
    Head of OS Product Operations Staff Member Oct 15, 2019

David Y. , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 15, 2019 :
    What's your expectations to their answers, maybe you already have answers to those questions in your mind, and their answers simply didn't follow yours?

Did they say anything that doesn't make sense?

BobbyV8_ likes this.
  13. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 15, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I don't really have answers, but yeah I was expecting something technical

McLaren isn't truly the only top spec, 7Pro has a 12+256 variant which has been replaced by McLaren.

This is all just software and I'm sure our amazing @Manu J. will get it to the 7 series eventually. So the user's question of what else apart from 855+ & warp 30T is different has been successfully avoided

I know it's good to have options, monopoly was never encouraged for a beneficial customer. But what I'd like to know is the team's strategy to stand against ROG II, what they like to highlight to show McLaren special over ROG II Pro

When it was PoCo F1, we don't give a damn coz software, could be cheaper hardware quality blah blah.. and now continuation of PoCo series itself is a doubt with delayed F2. But ROG can't be taken in the same sense, it is a strong contender with serious on paper specs and real life performance is good as well.

That's great, but how? Can we have some technical insights?

BTW thanks for taking time to talk to us.

David Y. and B_Wrath like this.
  14. David Y.
    Head of OS Product Operations Staff Member Oct 15, 2019

David Y. , Oct 15, 2019 :
    When we look into the entire spec sheet, the McLaren Edition surely has the top-spec among all the products that we've ever created.

To be clear, the objective of the 7T Pro is to provide the best technology available, rather than differentiating from the 7 Pro. That's also our core objective for the T line. When we say available, we are saying those techs and features that available in our hands, instead of others. Looking back to 2016, we introduced our first product of the T line - the OnePlus 3T, they share the same identical design, same software, but 3T has SD821 than SD820, better front camera, bigger battery. We didn't provide groundbreaking new features, but it remained to be our best product at that time. The T upgrades have been aligned with our objective.

However, I can understand why some of you guys have such a feeling. It's more about how we do the comparison. We will expect an aggressive upgrade on 7 Pro-7T Pro when we compare it with the 7-7T upgrade.

We made a product, then we leave the option to consumers. Because they are the one knows what they need. You can do the math by ourself.

15. OPO OOS lover
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 15, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 15, 2019 :
    @David Y. Coming back to the event,
    • I honestly think the one at UK was lacklustre. There was no soul in the presentations.
    • In the digital era, OnePlus went on to release the 7T again.
    • McLaren edition reveal didn't event have the same awe as the 6T one did. This was just a lukewarm response from the crowd.
    And coming to the marketing materials, who cleared the concepts!? Honestly, it just looks like a kid with MS Paint and PowerPoint wad let to be the creative head.
    The huge text on the box while talking about minimalism is just ironic. And that black on red! It's just insane and hurts the eyes!

Of course, these are just my thoughts. But i have seen many who agree with me. Maybe it is time for the creative team to rethink on their strategy?

17. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 15, 2019

Starcommander , Oct 15, 2019 :
    @David Y. I researched a lot and found the 7T pro has a quieter pop up mechanism. Why wasn't this mentioned? I am sure there are many more changes, but they need to be highlighted

Deactivated User likes this.
  18. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2019

Areebanwar , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I feel why it wasn't highlighted is cuz' despite being a clear advantage/improvement, it would only dent its "face" (quieter pop up) in the 7 Pro.

In other words, shutting quiet about a positive improvement over a negative one just so it isn't made hulla bulla out of by the 7 Pro users.

If that makes sense....? o_O

Starcommander likes this.
  19. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2019

Areebanwar , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Ok no more caffeine.

Starcommander likes this.