OnePlus... We need to talk...

1. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 15, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 15, 2019 :
    True.... Ok I'll leave this here.

That's exactly my point, thanks for understanding

That's what Raymond said, but I'd love to know your math.

However I'll leave this here..

Baymax, Impersonal and Starcommander like this.
  2. MAX CHIU
    Donut Oct 15, 2019

MAX CHIU , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I think as if OnePlus just add one more big feature, the outcome would be totally different. Along with the minor upgrades, I think a wireless charging (at least 10w), this will be much better (or other big upgrade). The problem now is the differences between 7 pro and 7t pro is too small, too too small.

At first I thought the 7t pro would come with a minor camera upgrade, bigger battery, or lighter weight. however, is it only the slightest upgrades I have ever seen on a smart phone. Quite disappointing.

Baymax, Impersonal and Starcommander like this.
  3. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2019

malidan , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Did they talk about the second slowest refresh rate for 15 mins. :sweatsmile:

Impersonal likes this.
  4. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 15, 2019 :
    It's more about the general attitude the presenters showed. There was no soul into it.
    Tilen did a tremendous job revealing the TV in India. That's what I expect in general.

Baymax, meatandy and Impersonal like this.
  5. Starcommander
    KitKat Oct 15, 2019

Starcommander , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Kate was good though :rolleyes:
    She had great voice modulation!
    Her laugh was innocencent. I liked her!

Baymax likes this.
  6. akks
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

akks , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that it's evident to the public that your intention is not to provide the best technology available, but to get that extra profit only. Otherwise you would have provided flagship specs like IP certification and wireless charging and all in your devices, which are the best technology already available. (Though, I don't want them and i know, that you will say that it'll add to the cost, and is probably reserved for the 8 series).
    As another member rightly pointed out, the price margin does stand out, which alone is groundbreaking.
    ₹5000 extra isn't justified for that minor upgrade which wasn't necessary as 7 pro is alread running successfully.
    It's just my opinion, Business is all what's expected, but Price sensitive markets like India won't behave the same always.
    That being said, I'm totally satisfied with my 7 pro. It's a almost perfect device I've ever owned, although I did spend some extra penny.

Starcommander, Baymax and BobbyV8_ like this.
  7. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 15, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 15, 2019 :
    What they meant to say is that it's upon us, users to decide if paying those few (well 5k) bucks for the best specs available is worthy or not.

On a contrary to what I've been arguing, I'm waiting for the McLaren Edition to go on sale.
    I'm one of those who say 12GB is overkill for a mobile yet here I am, ready to burn 59k while I can get an equivalent device at 49k. I wanted @David Y. & @Raymond Z. to help me strengthen my decision but.. all they get to say is it's up to YOU

Baymax, meatandy and Impersonal like this.
  8. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 15, 2019

KeepTransisting , Oct 15, 2019 :
    After a few days thinking on it, I've really just come to the conclusion that OnePlus is lacking innovation by pushing out four devices a year instead of just focusing on two. With the 5, 5T, 6, 6T there were noticeable upgrades between each model. The 7 didn't feel like it had a ton of innovation, probably because they were putting their development force behind the 7 Pro.

And here we are in that same situation again. The 7T made some amazing improvements over the 7, which is where their development force went. The 7T Pro, though? Probably the most unnecessary upgrade I've ever seen. New macro lens, slightly better charging, and an overclocked version of the same SoC. it is so unnecessary that I have been actively trying to persuade people to avoid the phone and save some money by going with the 7 Pro.

To put it bluntly:

OnePlus, you're not Samsung. You're not Apple. You can't do this multiple devices launch like they can. Focus on your strengths. Focus on innovation. And for the love of jeebus, never launch a phone and abandon it as quickly as you did the 7 Pro 5G ever again.

I've been a fan of your phone's for years now. You have done some amazing innovations in the smartphone industry. However, I don't like the direction your business is going. If you're doing a quantity over quality tactic, you're going to lose my business.

9. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2019

malidan , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I took you this long to realise there are no innovations from OP?

Impersonal likes this.
  10. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 15, 2019

meatandy , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Basically OnePlus is building up to the OP8 next spring with wireless charging and hopefully something closer in Flagship status to the S or Note series , With a healthy bump in price as well.

11. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 15, 2019 :
    This guy definitely has read this thread, jk aside, thanks for the recommendation, he really is great, I like him, he also has a "cool uncle" type vibe....

rahulopg, Starcommander and Baymax like this.
  12. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

13. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I concur, things seem to be moving in that direction, yet who here wants "another" S or Note, to me OnePlus was more in line with the Nexus Pixel line, great hardware, lower(ish) prices and GREAT Software features and experience, OxigenOs has become the best feature of any OP device, why!? because it was, still is, made with the help and for the actual users, the fact that they "listened" it's obvious in that department... And what a assets to have. To further my case, look at the recent Huawei developments, they will answer, one way or the other, which is "more" important hardware or software .. it can still go either way in my humble opinion....

Starcommander and Baymax like this.
  14. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 16, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 16, 2019 :
    on a lighter note, @David Y. see what we're talking? do you remember anything similar from me in the AMA :)

I'm pretty satisfied with this response

Ruby G. and David Y. like this.
  15. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2019

K1ngP1n , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I saw so many fanboy comments like Samsung does launch so many same phone, who will feed OnePlus employees if they don't make 4 phones a year and blah blah........

I'm sure OnePlus is not the first smartphone 90% of the people here, they are switch to OnePlus from Samsung, apple, Moto......, And now OnePlus is doing same things increasing the phone price, increasing the bloatwares, Killing there own phone value within 6 months and now they are totally depending upon the advertisement like RDJ, AB....

Now lots of my friends stop recommending the OnePlus to others because they know after 6 month if you gonna sell your phone you won't even get 1/2 of the price and yes service center and the staff members are pathetic in India in non metro cities.

If OnePlus doesn't change its strategy it will become the next Motorola everyone will love but no one will buy.

Baymax and Impersonal like this.
  16. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Finally, man I love a strong opinion, expecialy if honest, because then it's more than a opinion, it's the fabbled "constructive criticism", and it's worth more than 1000 praises... and OnePlus should really consider themselves lucky for that (even if unpopular)

kHQ.gif

DIXI

K1ngP1n likes this.
  17. Malg220
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2019

Malg220 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    OnePlus has reached the pinnacle of his career, now we are faced with the drastic decline, they've lost the way.

His forums were filled with complaints, fell in love with fame and the press, put aside his community of loyal followers, has not stood out in something new, I see him lose in comparisons of battery, camera, sound.

I no longer feel special using OnePlus:

Screen resolution - Doesn't Highlight
    90hz Fresh Rate - 240Hz Black Shark 2
    Pixel Density - Doesn't Highlight
    Curved display - Doesn't Highlight
    HDR10+ - Late update and doesn't Highlight
    Latest processor - Several companies have it
    48 Mp Camera - Doesn't Highlight
    4k to 60FPS - There are already phones that record to 8K
    Camera Zoom - Doesn't Highlight
    256 Gb Storage - Doesn't Highlight
    RAM Memory - Doesn't Highlight
    Dolby Atmos - Late update and doesn't Highlight
    Microphones - Doesn't Highlight
    Charge Wireless & Reversible - No
    Water Resistance - No

My friends tell me "Ahh is another Chinese phone"...

18. Loveit
    KitKat Oct 18, 2019

Loveit , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Yeah the Chinese do phones really well don't they?

19. Areebanwar
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2019

Areebanwar , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Adding to the points of my fellow members, Oneplus should also take into consideration their "incremental" phones (here I'm talking of OP7). When the 7 series launched, it looked like Oneplus is literally on the best path possible. Now launching half-baked software in their releases, providing decent camera and battery performance doesn't cut it anymore when your competition has caught up. Further, releasing 4 phones in the span of 6 months........like what are ya'll even doing?!

Fine you wanna release the best experience, go right ahead. But rather do it just once a year? Offer two best experiences with literally everything, charge a premium for the highest variant, and move on to the next? After all it's business and I understand your marketing strategies and the like. For example bring up Samsung with their S series and Note series...but they have a completely different approach with the aforementioned devices however.

Or even better, the T variants could be launched simultaneously WITH the normal ones and the T could be like the BEST OF BEST in the industry at a premium?

Maybe I'm giving dumb ideas, but the crux is don't forget/ignore/let go the base variants, especially if they're something like the OP7 which has poor support on xda or otherwise? Merely an increment over 6T, I understand why, however that begs the question, why not still provide a good software upgrade? Example they've only made it further saturated and contrasting image quality while the 7 Pro/T variants actually performs really well with the same camera. I own the OP7, and yes, I do feel sorta annoyed by the experience and hence the "complaints". Like I absolutely love device.

Probably getting carried away with one-channel mind and in that case, feel free to dispute anything I've said.

20. Exia_97
    Froyo Oct 21, 2019

Exia_97 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    I'm on the Oneplus has completely lost its way train as well. I've mentioned in an earlier topic by Baymax how living in Canada, I can't justify a buying a OP phone anymore with the increased prices. I was very hyped for OP when the OPO first came out. I haven't felt excited for a OP phone since probably the OP5T. I frequent a lot of other sites and these are a couple of comments of what others have to say about OP as well:

- Just drop the anti-consumer design choices, and you would be back with a bang.

- As a OnePlus fan, this phone is unnecessary. I told OnePlus not to make a T model this year, since the OnePlus 7 Pro is pretty much an all round phone now. They're literally wasting money on making these.

- It shows people aren't impressed with minimal upgrades or re-branding whilst there's a price hike. That's how consumers should react, they should force companies to create better devices at lower prices, and NOT the other way around!

- Had waited for 2 months for the 7T Pro and they offered me the 7 pro with higher price.

- Owning the 6T has brought me no joy, most likely pass.

- I have a mate 20 X, this phone brings nothing to the table worth buying

- This is not the Oneplus I rallied behind. Hopefully, POCO2 is a sensible phone.