Oneplus Website Problems

1. silot
    Cupcake May 22, 2018

silot , May 22, 2018 :
    I am writing here in response to the numerous problems people faced with the launch and i cannot understand how after so many product launches on the web, Oneplus still uses the same web infrastructure.

1. First of all the web site could not handle the load that was expected on such a big product launch.
    2. There were numerous problems with payments / cancelling orders reimbursing etc.
    3. The shipping estimation varied every few minutes from 7 days to 1 depending on cancelled orders.
    4. People who ordered the phone after the cancellation of the previous orders got their phones shipped faster than people who ordered before them.
    People can add the problems they faced on this thread.

I can understand those kind of problems from a new company that did not have time to test their web infrastructure and could not expect the load but not from Oneplus that have already dealt with those issues numerous times in the past and took so many precautions in their production line to keep up with demand.

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 22, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , May 22, 2018 :
    These problems are being taken care of. Sorry to hear about your problems / concerns.
    @SoniaB just checking with you if you can pass on these problems too to OnePlus. Some of these may have been reported, some may not.

SoniaB likes this.
  3. Noah091
    Cupcake May 22, 2018

Noah091 , May 22, 2018 :
    sorry to hear ya had problems. FYIY, I was able to get about 10 minutes after launch and got through the checkout process without any issues.

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator May 22, 2018

SoniaB , May 22, 2018 :
    Indeed sorry to hear of all the issues that have happened today.
    Moderators have been escalating to admins.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  5. silot
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

silot , May 23, 2018 :
    Thank you for the response , i do not want to blame anyone just making a remark that the web infrastructure needs some much needed changes for the future to make your life easier as well and for Oneplus to actually save money in the long run.

6. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

MentalDraco , May 23, 2018 :
    Yea I got a bunch of ppl that used my referral and they got canceled. What a sht show this launch had been

7. MohamedW
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2018

MohamedW , Jun 6, 2018 :
    You've been so lucky, i tried to buy the Silk White and nothing (PayPal didn't work, different credit cards and nothing !!!!!)
    I have been waiting for the silk white and always wanted the a OnePlus. And for my first purchase ... WebSite issues ???? come on !

8. MohamedW
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2018

MohamedW , Jun 6, 2018 :
    And thank you for your remark Silot, seriously this is a pitty. Even me i wasn't abble to purchase the Silk White.

Thank you again for your comment!