OnePlus will not honor warranty on OPT

1. liamjn
    Donut Aug 17, 2016

liamjn , Aug 17, 2016 :
    Thanks for the help, but that's what I fear. Through their assessment they will find a way to get me to pay for the repair which is why I won't pay the deposit. I will try and find an alternative temp phone so I don't need to pay the deposit and then send in my OPT and hope they honor it.

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Aug 17, 2016

gusuraman , Aug 17, 2016 :
    Whatever is the outcome you are not allowed to open duplicate threads as Terms and Rules which is enough reason for me to merge with your other thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-will-not-honor-warranty-on-opt.460256/

And for your information both sections you posted shows in the homepage, so you had the same visibility on both thread and eventually the same users would have replied even if you had only one thread.
    Also community chat isn't the appropriate section for this issue

Abdur Desai and Tokolozi like this.
  3. techygeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2016

techygeek , Aug 19, 2016 :
    I didn't think that it was necessary to state the obvious.

4. techygeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2016

techygeek , Aug 19, 2016 :
    They aren't scammers. They won't pocket the money that they could charge you so they wouldn't mind. They are most likely going to do it for free unless you have activated some liquid tabs inside the device.

5. TiggaPlease
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2016

TiggaPlease , Aug 19, 2016 :
    This is simply not true I sent in my phone for repair and paid the deposit for a temporary phone. They assessed that it was a hardware failure and repaired my phone at no cost and sent me my deposit back once I sent the temporary phone back. They also replaced my charging cable that was defective free of charge.

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. nelsonhknp
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2016

nelsonhknp , Aug 20, 2016 :
    relax, any terms just incase. i am only interesting the result how many paid when pick up the repaired device. or 'must' pay before done.