OnePlus Wireless Z microphone problem

1. Allen_G_Mattam
    Eclair Jun 20, 2020

Allen_G_Mattam , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Hi guys,

I recently bought the Wireless Z and I'm using it with my OP 7. It was working fine until yesterday it was found that the microphone stopped functioning and when I made a phone call the other person was unable to hear then me then, I had to switch back from bluetooth.

The microphone is picking up the surrounding sounds and noices like the fan sound and wind blowing while on call but the other person is unable to hear me. I tried sound recording, voice messages and Google assistant with the headphones on and everything works fine. The issue occurs only during calls (cellular or WhatsApp). I even checked the headphone with another phone which isn't a OnePlus phone but problem is still the same. So the problem is definitely of the headset itself.

Atlast I tried a factory reset by holding the + and - button for 3 seconds but it didn't do any good to me. Should I get it replaced or take it to the service center?

Is there anyone else facing the same problem or someone who can help me to fix this.

Regards

Prasanth T likes this.
  2. V1592201889669
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

3. oppfan
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2020

oppfan , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Same issue with OP7 Pro. This happens with almost every app on the phone and it's even worse when connecting the headphones to my Laptop.

4. Allen_G_Mattam
    Eclair Jun 22, 2020

5. khaIid
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2020

khaIid , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I think the noise from the surrounding and Google Assistant being able to detect your voice is the work of your phone microphone and not the earphones ones. At least in my case it is. Everything was fine till yesterday, was working fine with my OP7t.
    Replacing is the only option right now.

6. 258820
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

7. Allen_G_Mattam
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

Allen_G_Mattam , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Hi, i got the problem sorted by replacing the headphones.

8. W1540499302723
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

W1540499302723 , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Factory Reset
    Press and hold the volume + and volume - buttons together for 3 seconds to reset the earphone to factory settings. The LED on earphone will tum off when earphone turns off.This worked for me hope it works for all of you

9. Amirox23
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

Amirox23 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    I received it today and I bought it specially for Zoom calls and Teams calls. And the call quality over the laptop is worst. I am not able to hear the voice of another person clearly. The sound is totally breaking. I have asked for replacement.