Oneplus withdraws oreo update for 3/3T ???

1. A.r.u.n_R
    Froyo Dec 6, 2017

A.r.u.n_R , Dec 6, 2017 :
    even though the update had bugs, I actually appreciate OnePlus going ahead to do right by its uaers. not many OEMs bother enough to go through the hassle of withdrawing updates or undoing what's been done. thank you OnePlus. hoping for a bug free and stable ROM without any compromises. :)

2. Ultra.Numan
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

Ultra.Numan , Dec 6, 2017 :
    This is a first for me. Ever since I got my 3T when it first came out I've had no problems, but with Oreo I've had to uninstall Ringo Pro an app I've used for years to have personalized text tone, it stopped working properly, no tone at all. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked for a short while then stopped. Maybe it's not compatible with Oreo yet, I don't know. Still love my 3T though, I'm sure it'll be sorted in the end.

3. Eddy Lau
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

Eddy Lau , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Can anyone tell us why a factory reset is required after Oreo upgrade.

4. m02121985
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

m02121985 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I am not facing any issues which will lead to rolling back to older release. it's quite stable and using for past 15+ days

elroyclark likes this.
  5. j8765
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

j8765 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    when this community spreads more rumours than helping others.
    the propose of the community itself is ruined by Indians !!

6. mohdazar.k
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

mohdazar.k , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I you face any issues after the update it is recommended. else its enough to wipe cache and delvik cache. you have to clearly the data for Google play server for the auto fill feature to work, after updating.

7. mohdazar.k
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

mohdazar.k , Dec 6, 2017 :
    If you are this is rumour that u can contact the oneplus support and confirm this by your own.

8. j8765
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

9. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2017

athaarv , Dec 6, 2017 :
    OnePlus live chat don't know what they're talking about. A lot of the times they just go along with what you say to make you feel better

10. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2017

athaarv , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I don't know what Naugat is but you can sure downgrade to Nougat

11. BebeMischa
    Froyo Dec 6, 2017

BebeMischa , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Also here, since i have got my 3t, I always update to the next Oxygen release with the OTA.
    Always using the VPN Germany connection, because the Netherlands are not included in the first round.

From the start, until today, I never did a factory reset. In all the time, I never did lose any data.
    I only do wip the cache after the update.

My 3t is still working perfectly, never had any software issue.

So in my opinion, a lot of complaint's posted here are result of second or third party mistakes during an update, not caused by OP.
    Wrong steps by updating, incompatible apps, undoable demands and so on.

My phone is one of the examples, that if you follow all instructions properly and keep you phone rubbish free, clean and use you brains just a little, this device is just brilliant and works like a charm.
    Even with Oreo 8.0.0, as it did with every release before.

Sometimes I feel so sorry for all the downgrading messages spreaded around about OP, which are based on users own mistakes...

So I just want to say it loud out: OP, don't worry, keep up the good work.
    And all the users similar to me: thanks, that you say it too. Some sun between the clouds...

All the whiners: RTFM! (read the f...ing manual), before you shit on others heads.

keithgpowell likes this.
  12. G_Gonzalo_Sancho_HxgH
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_Gonzalo_Sancho_HxgH , Dec 6, 2017 :
    dude

in my opinión your Comment is a lack of respect. In my case (as in many other users) I did a clean installation and I consider myself an advanced user.

luck for you, but for something oneplus withdrew the update, you are not the only user in this world to say that because everything works well for you, then everyone else should go as you.

We all deserve respect, even you.

13. BebeMischa
    Froyo Dec 6, 2017

BebeMischa , Dec 6, 2017 :
    In my next opinion I just said "a lot", which does not mean "all". So your case is not mentioned and your feeling of disrespect is misplaced by you self.

keithgpowell likes this.
  14. gmendola
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

15. neihnana
    Froyo Dec 6, 2017

neihnana , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Oreo is android 8.0

16. huseinjanoo
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

17. siddharthgpta
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2017

siddharthgpta , Dec 14, 2017 :
    when they announce that a new update is being rolled out.

18. M. Haider
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2018