OnePlus won’t support Project Treble updates featureEven when they get Android Oreo

?

Are you holding out?

1. I'll get the 5T no matter what

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. I'll hold out for the next device

22 vote(s)
    43.1%
  3. I'm getting the 5T and hope, they support Treble with the next OS update

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 7, 2017

2. forid-786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

forid-786 , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Do you really want a custom rom that doesn't work properly, has a broken camera and is inferior to oos? That's exactly what you'll get without the libs and sources...

3. ibbe96
    Froyo Dec 9, 2017

Cruzan72 likes this.
  4. ibbe96
    Froyo Dec 9, 2017

5. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 9, 2017

6. F_Naci_Aslandogan_UgjC
    Donut Dec 11, 2017

F_Naci_Aslandogan_UgjC , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Its a lie.
    1. It wouldn't require any form of formating because they can create a partition sdf6 with the size 1,4gb+ on the sdf flashdrive. You can check the sdf partitions and see that there is unpartitioned & unused space
    2. It is not possible to change partition layout over ota, so they lied again or really dont know what they are talking about!
    3. We just need a tool from oneplus that creates partition sdf6 for vendor and an additional ota that will fill that partition with the required treble rady vendor files. Thats really all (it wouldnt even require a wipe of the other sdf partitions as the space that we need for vendor is unpartitioned yet and empty.)

The best thing is that this empty unpartitioned 1,4gb+ space is present on 3/3t/5/5t it would be really stupid if they dont use this opportunity. Please share this information!!!
    Dont give up!

7. sub.rohit
    Donut Dec 13, 2017

8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 13, 2017

9. bestusefultips
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2017

bestusefultips , Dec 30, 2017 :
    Google has already announced about Project treble at Google I/O 2017 event. What is project treble? This Project treble feature will give the vendors an interface that will give them the access to hardware code from the android framework to easily get latest OS a person or company. By default treble will be built-in on new launch android Oreo devices. So if you have android Oreo device, you can check project treble support on android Oreo using this tutorial.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you get the True, it means your android device is supported Project treble. If get false, it means your device not supported Project treble.