OnePlus x FIIL Headphones Review Contest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophie R Digital Marketing Dec 20, 2016

Sophie R, Dec 20, 2016 :
    FIIL_Forum_.png

Hey friends,

Our friends over at FIIL just released some awesome new headphones, and they want the OnePlus community to be the first to try them. FIIL is looking for reviews, and we know that you guys are better than anyone else when it comes to providing intelligent, objective, tech-conscious feedback. Of course, we also love just finding new ways to hook you guys up with free stuff. So, we joined up with FIIL to host this contest. Enter for a chance to review the FIIL Carat and you might just snap up a pair of your own for free.

ABOUT FIIL Carat

The FILL Carat are a one size fits all solution for audiophiles and fitness fanatics alike. These awesome in-ear wireless earbuds accurately count your steps in real-time. Great care has gone into creating a listening experience that adds just enough oomph to each of your songs to motivate you during your workout. They’re just as convenient to wear as they are to store, as the earbuds can be magnetically snapped together. The stylish necklace-inspired design gives the earphones an added edge on top of increased security. The FILL Carat are ready for a marathon with upwards of 6 hours of listening time on a single charge.

HOW IT WORKS
    • We need to see your reviewing skills. Reply to this thread with a full review of an audio product you've used. Reviews should be comprehensive, including your views on build quality, design, sound quality, and features. You can copy and paste an old review, or write a brand new one just for this contest.

• You will have 14 days to share your reviews in this thread, after which we will close the contest to further submissions and evaluate all entries.

• We'll pick the ten best reviewers based on audio expertise, writing ability, and overall effort.

• The ten winners will be sent a brand-new pair of Carat.

• If you're selected as a winner, you'll be expected to write a full review of the Carat within 14 days of receiving.
    It's that simple. If you know your audio and are willing to review some awesome new headphones, enter now!

Never Settle.

EDIT: RESULTS HERE:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-x-fiil-headphones-contest-winners.485006/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

2. Moin2200 KitKat Dec 20, 2016

Moin2200, Dec 20, 2016 :
    My Oneplus silver bullets v2 review:

They sound alright.

They look alright.

And the price is alright.

8/10

EDIT: I should have won.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

3. Scherpenseel Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2016

Scherpenseel, Dec 20, 2016 :
    lol :p

otto2 likes this.
  4. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 20, 2016

5. jkb114 KitKat Dec 20, 2016

jkb114, Dec 20, 2016 :
    I wouldn't say its free labor, If anything you could class it as a bribe, but I'm not suggesting anything

Giannis_Xalikia, sfomin and Mr. BG like this.
  6. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 20, 2016

Dunnow, Dec 20, 2016 :
    This is not a bribe. It is if you win

Meanwhile, hundreds of users will be promoting products, some maybe from the same company in hopes to get more their attention. And that builds up SEO as if nothing.

This is going far away from getting good reviewers.

You are promoting a product you don't even trust nor care about for free.

7. jkb114 KitKat Dec 20, 2016

jkb114, Dec 20, 2016 :
    Ah right. For once I agree with you.

Jesus Christ!!! Whats happening to me?

8. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 20, 2016

SoniaB, Dec 20, 2016 :
    All the best to the contestants.
    I personally do not like the idea of the forum becoming an ad space for other companies, which is what I feel this contest represents.

mkernbach, Chirag AM, sri317 and 41 others like this.
  9. diwakarmj Honeycomb Dec 20, 2016

diwakarmj, Dec 20, 2016 :
    This is the review of Sennheiser CX 170 which I did on Amazon.

"As I got the product the packaging was kind of okish, but that's not for what I ordered it, the sound quality is nice and build quality is something I'm afraid of. It has cheap plastic build which makes it prone to damage easily.Overall sound quality is nice, good treble but bass not upto the mark. I would like to conclude that if you are on budget then go for this or else there are many other alternatives"

I'm a youtuber and make Unboxing and review videos, here's the link to my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzJEg-yvzH8lgfCc2HD5OQ

10. fonzobreaker Honeycomb Dec 20, 2016

fonzobreaker, Dec 20, 2016 :
    A while ago I had the chance to try this pair of earbuds.
    For quite sometimes I’ve been looking for some android-compatible in-ear eraphones to get rid of my old stock apple ones I got with the iphone 4.
    Thanks to a friend of mine I’ve discovered these aukey ep-b8, I’ve tested for a couple of day and this is what I think about them…

WHAT’S IN THE BOX
    well the packaging is pretty simple and aukey-styled, there you find a pochette, some adapters for different ear shapes and sizes, a micro usb cable, a small manual a 30days warranty and the earphones themselves

TOUCH-AND-FEEL AND OVERALL EXPERIENCE

The Design is pretty nice, especially in my green coloring.
    the materials and the assembly Very good, ensure sturdiness to the touch and give a sense of premium and the flat cable is a nice add too.

In addition to Having an ideal design as for the weareablility, you find that after a couple minutes of utilization they become practically imperceptible, due to their extremely low weight of just 18gr!!
    These earphones are comfortable to wear and don’t strain your ears

Out of the box they are ready to get power on and connected. The pairing is fast and as fare as I’ve tested out they don’t seem to have any issue in pairing, in fact with some android devices I could even have monitored their left battery percentage.

On the right earbud you can find a microphone for phone calls and ,in input,useful to reduce background noises.
    Than there are all the control you’d expect to navigate through song and to play/pause a track.The sound quality is high, thanks to the aptX technology that brings a low latency, deep bass and high average The volume is good but not ear-splitting. In short, definitely a pass! the 4.1 bluetooth connection Low Energy provide a fabulous life battery , ensuring nearly six hours with medium/loud volume.

when it relates to their coverage of all it depends on the situation:

if you are in the open field , then you can also go as fare as 20 mt and without loss of bit rate or quality , but if there are walls between you and the sound source, then the situation changes a bit 'but still guarantee a radius of 5 meters.

FINAL THOUGHTS

After my test I was pleased with the build quality and from usability in general, these earphones are excellent as everyday drivers because of their portability, their long range and their comfort.

They are ideal for home and office usage or even at the gym where you can safely leave the smartphone far without any problem.

For sport use instead there are a couple of points where these headphones suffer:

It is missing the impermeability even if they are quite hydrophobic but the main problem is during my running test because of being in-ear means that the ear canal is “sealed” and every step you take is heard in the ears leading to wearying out of an average running session.

The use while biking or jogging activity is not compromised.

All in all is a good compromise both for sporting use and not, I would advise mainly for the price of just € 30 for those who hate to have cables that impede movement or become entangled, and want a good audio experience.

note:
    the english may not be the best as I'm not in an english speaking country T_T, but I've kinda tried my best to be precise and formal reviewing these earphones.

:IT:;)

BugdroidNerd and jkb114 like this.
  11. Tobikage Marshmallow Dec 20, 2016

Tobikage, Dec 20, 2016 :
    I use a OnePlus 2 and it has no EQ settings anymore....best audio experience ever with whatever earphones you use.

Thanks for the update.

12. SimonRam Lollipop Dec 20, 2016

SimonRam, Dec 20, 2016 :
    Well done, you're in.:)

13. Baibhav_Kumar Honeycomb Dec 20, 2016

Baibhav_Kumar, Dec 20, 2016 :
    This is the review of Skullcandy S6HSDZ-058 hesh 2.0 headphones :-

1. Packaging:- packaging was very nice.It came in a very solid box which was providing very nice protection as well. So I'll give 8.5/10 for packaging.
    2. Build quality:- very sturdy with smooth finish.9/10
    3.Sound quality:-these are something for bass lovers. Treble is not upto the mark in these headphones.8.5/10.
    4.Ease of use:-these are bulky and earpiece gets in the way of your work what you doing sometimes.
    7.5/10
    It has no mic so....
    Overall I'll give them 8/10

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

14. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Dec 20, 2016

15. meatandy Nougat Dec 20, 2016

meatandy, Dec 20, 2016 :
    Good to see you back in the forum Sophie ☺
    Let me direct your attention to @Mr. BG and @TheCatnipMouse

Deactivated User likes this.
  16. Nabil609 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2016

Nabil609, Dec 20, 2016 :
    MONSTER N-credible N-TUNE headphone

What do you really want as a student when its about getting a new headphone? For me, it is reasonable price with a quality sound. Well, value for the bucks is what I mean. And I think i found the perfect one for me what I am using almost last two years. Monster is in the audio industry for quite long and they are well known after came up with Beats solo with the collaboration with beats. But since Beats is a brand with headphones that belongs to high price points, monster is an exception in this case. Talking about Monster N-credible N-Tune headphone. with the discounted price of 99$, its arguably one of the best sounding headphone under 100$ price point.

Unboxing Experience, First Look & Build Quality: Trust me, when it comes to unboxing I am talking about the quality experience here. One of the best I have ever experienced so far. Its a fairly large box made for look and feel premium. Comes with the headphone itself, detachable 3.5mm audio jack, wiping cloths that helps the headphone's shiny outlook, a caring bag that also can be used as a micro fiber cloth and some paperwork. A sticker of their N-credible lineup is also included. Honestly, it looks incredibly nice at the first look. You can choose from their various color to choose from that suits u the most. The build quality is excellent even its all plastic built except the logo and the expendable sides are metallic. the cushioning is quite good in the ear-cups that is comfortable enough for long listening sessions. the headband is also padded and it sits on the head quite nicely. Ear-cups are also movable to give the best fit possible for the listeners.

Audio Quality: Well, as a co-maker of beats solo, I was expecting the sound to be "Beats-ish" to be honest. But guess what, I was quite surprised. I wouldn't say its the best and balanced sounding headphone I have ever listen to, but this headphone sounds incredible. It emphasis the low end but it dosen't mean it suck at the high end. The sound is clear, crisp and the vocal is clear enough. The bass is not punchy or over saturated but its fairly balanced. I am not a bass head and I listen to tons of metal-core, death-metal or alternative rock and those sounds really great with this headphone. It is loud enough and within this price, I couldn't ask for more. The noise isolation is good and I never experienced any kind of distortion what so ever. With the included in-line microphone, the call quality is decent even though it takes background noises. But it is good enough for normal call conversations. For the Hip-Hop, RNB or dub step listeners, it could be one the best headphone out there in this price range. I am loving this headphone no matter what genre I am listening to. Not bad Monster, not bad at all.

Design & Features: The design is quite simple but straight forward. But hey, that's what you want when take them out around your neck right? It is not very bulky, have so many color to choose from, and does stands out as a fashion statement with your appearance, well if you really care about that. As far as practical design goes, there are some nice touches. The cord is detachable, for one thing. That way, if the cord is even crushed, at least I won't stuck replacing the entire unit. The cable also seems to resist tangles, just as the company claims. Its durable, quite durable even there are some cases where people snap their unit into half. But I always found it quite strong in terms of build quality. I don't mind putting my pair into my backpack with other stuff and it always rest in the corner. Quite like it though. But after all, its the sound quality that matters the most and I am loving it.

So that was it, thanks for listening my review for the MONSTER N-credible N-TUNE headphone that I use as my go-to headphone and I hope I will be selected as one of the 10 lucky winners that gonna review the FIIL earbuds, cheers.

17. Waterdroid KitKat Community Expert Dec 20, 2016

Waterdroid, Dec 20, 2016 :
    I think giving a company the power to choose which reviewers and therewith which reviews will accompany their product defies the purpose of reviews altogether. Hope this isn't a new trend OnePlus.

18. Vito B. Community Manager France Staff Member Dec 20, 2016

Vito B., Dec 20, 2016 :
    My Review of the Status Audio CB-1 over-ear headphones.
    Who is Status Audio ?
    Status is an US brand that is making audio product with the mantra "No logo.No celebreties. Just sound". The idea for them, is to build product that amazing for a low price.

THE BOX
    It's really beautiful. The whole package looks really nice, and it feels premium. Inside we find the Status Audio CB-1 fixed to a plastic chassis. Again, the overall impression is really premium.
    We can also find two cables : a spring one, and round one. So, first thing to know, you can change the jack cable from the CB-1. You also have a 1/4" to mini-jack adaptor, great !
    So first impressions ? Really nice unboxing. The unboxing experience is always really important to me, and the status audio is passing the premium one !

BUILD QUALITY AND LOOK
    Ok, the CB-1 are not the most beautifull looking headphones on the market. But, as Status' mantra is saying, they focus on sound.
    It's not that they look bad, it's just that it's a pretty common design. The parts are well assembled, no quality problem. The plastics don't feel cheap at all.
    The ear-pads are really thick, and really confortable ! I'm a bit worried about how they're gonna old in time, but they seem good. Another thing to say about confort, it's about how they are on the head. They are not putting a lot of pressure on my heads, like some Marshall headphones. By that I mean that they just go on my head like it's natural. It makes the whole word CONFORT meaning something !
    Last thing about the built, the CB-1 are not small and lightweight. They are not designed to be used outside or in public transport. The way they should be used is in your sofa, just in front of your fireplace, with some jazzy musics.
    I can't say anything bad on the quality neither on the look. It's not ugly, and it's well build. But if you're looking for a gorgeous headphones, the CB-1 are not for you.

AUDIO QUALITY
    Here is the most important part. I'm not an audiophile, but I asked some of my friends that are musician to give it a try.
    Overall, they found it pretty decent. The sound is flat, with little noise and a pretty good sound reproduction.
    To me, it's was a revelation. I never tried good headphones, and I was stunnished. I was already using FLAC audio files, but when I first tried the CB-1 I re-discovered all my musics. We can hear every little singer breath, every instruments, etc. Maybe it's because I never tried good quality headphones, but it's pretty amazing.

CONCLUSION
    For 70€ can you find something better ? Clearly not. Ok, it's properly a studio pair of headphones. But what I loved is the whole thing. Status Audio reminds me a brand that we all love and that don't want to settle ;-) Ok, Status should maybe improve a little bit the look of their product, but I bought the CB-1 only for home. So I just wanted amazing sound quality, and I've got it !

fonzobreaker likes this.
  19. Deepak.Si KitKat Dec 20, 2016

Deepak.Si, Dec 20, 2016 :
    I don't want to......

Good luck to the contestants....

Congratulations to winners.....

Ceasedd, SimonRam, SoniaB and 2 others like this.
  20. BitterHoney Honeycomb Dec 20, 2016

BitterHoney, Dec 20, 2016 :
    Review of Jabra Rox Wireless:

Before I purchase any gadget, I see the price, brand, quality(the way OEM represent the product).

My review of Jabra Rox:

The box contains below.
    In earphones
    EarGels
    EarWings
    USB cable
    Fitclip
    Piece of QR code for install the Dolby app by Jabra and register it.

Review:
    1) Comfort - Comingt o Audiphiles first thing I see is comfort. When I jog with theses earbuds, it should not fall or feel discomfort. I can give 3 of 5 for Jabra. Since, I feel a bit discomfort with earwings they provide.
    2)Sound quality: The bass is good, the quality of soud is mediocre.
    3)Design: The design is solid with handy features for calls. etc.
    4)Features:
    It also bundled up with pretty good features like NFC for quick pairing, Bluetooth, Magnet enabled earpeice for Battery-saving. Discrete placement of the Micro USB socket for charging.
    The earbuds come with some powerfull features like, Answering call, Volume controls, Mute, Reject a call, Skiping the track, Volume control and Multi-function buttons for easy control of the headset, Play or pause the music, Redialing, Standby mode on or off.
    5) Battery performance: It charges in 1:00 hr - 1:30 hrs. Which gives a back up of 10-15 days stand by and 6 hrs of continuous music.