OnePlus x FIIL Headphones Review Contest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravinder Kumar attar
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2016

Ravinder Kumar attar , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Sennheiser CX180 Earphone Review
    Specifications, design and comfort
    The Sennheiser CX180 is an in-ear canalphone-style headset, and has a frequency response range of 20-20,000Hz. It also has an impedance rating of 16Ohms and a sensitivity of 110dB. The headset does not have an in-line microphone and remote, and has a standard 1.2m cable. The sales package includes three sets of ear-tips in different sizes.

Pros

• Good design and comfort
    • Bass-driven sound
    Cons
    • Mids and highs are muted
    • No microphone and in-line remote
    Ratings (Out of 5)
    • Design: 3.5
    • Performance: 3
    • Value for money: 4
    • Overall: 3.5

2. Nithinthodupunoo
    Froyo Dec 21, 2016

3. AbsoluteIta
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2016

AbsoluteIta , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Are an audiophile and audio-year deal with me, my HT system is composed as follows:

TV: Samsung UE46F8000, Sinto A / V: Onkyo TX-SR807, BD Player: Sony BDP-S790 FROM: Klipsch RF-82; Central: Klipsch RC-52; Surround: Klipsch RS-42; Subwoofer: Klipsch RW-10d black; MySkyHD: Samsung P990V + Sky FULL; PM: WD TV Live HUB TLC: Logitech Harmony Touch, CABLE: Van Den Hul

Here I report on my review Klipsch RF82 speakers:

Build Quality: The speakers weigh much, they have very square corners and finished very well, the connections of the terminals are gold plated with the possibility of using cables terminated with banana. The two bass reflex rear channels are constructed with great quality and are placed at the bottom. In the front we have two speakers in the Klipsch classic color copper color on again the "horn" of the famous tweteer Klipsch. all it covered by a magnetic network. below are the adjustable spiked feet, the speakers are very stable.
    Sound quality: how one knows the Klipsch speakers have a great musical pressure well 120db, and when sounds are played by the Home Theatre come out great. The overall sound is quite balanced with low precise but not intrusive, very detailed characteristics of medium without impurities or exaltation, the ups instead are sharp, very precise never step out of line, powerful. The sound that comes out is a very balanced sound but precise, lets you feel even the most hidden notes without exalting no gradient but allow you to read them distinctly. Classical music use is gorgeous, you can sense the dettgli more motivated thanks to their tweeters, pleasant and engaging in jazz music thanks to the low and medium enveloping the listener without ever giving a directionality. Rock music is enhanced with these speakers and home theater part thanks to their great pressure give the best of themselves, great involvement in action movies, war, where, thanks to the detail you can enjoy the little noises of the scene.
    In short, a pair of speakers for all uses but especially for classical music and movies

Marco M.

4. G_Leonardo_Fiaschi_begP
    Donut Dec 21, 2016

5. gcocucci
    Nougat Dec 21, 2016

gcocucci , Dec 21, 2016 :
    I was an audiophile. Was because I sold my incredible system ten years ago. Believe me, Icons are very very understimated

6. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Dec 21, 2016

obakesan. , Dec 21, 2016 :
    @Sophie R what's the deadline dead for submission? I really want to, no I need to push myself, to try this, cause I think I can do this, write the review anyway, I know said that last time, then life happens ;)

7. jonitfcfan
    Jelly Bean Dec 21, 2016

jonitfcfan , Dec 21, 2016 :
    This is my review of the V-MODA CrossFade M-100 over-ear headphones, which I bought from Amazon for £250 back in 2014. I wouldn't call myself an "audiophile" as such (although I do like my music) but I'm really glad I bought these despite the price, as you'll come to read in this review. It’s quite long so I’ve broken it up into segments using “spoiler” tags, so you can pick and choose how much you want to read.

In the box you get the following items:

- 1x V-MODA CrossFade M-100 headphones (well, obviously!)

- 1x hardshell zip-up case, which has a carabiner clip on the outside. It also has internal elasticated straps for the below items.

- 1x 3.5mm to 6.35mm jack adapter

- 1x reinforced SharePlay audio cable

- 1x reinforced SpeakEasy microphone cable

For those interested the spec sheet on the V-MODA website gives the following technical details for the headphones:

Frequency response: 5 – 30,000Hz

Sensitivity: 103dB @ 1kHz 1mW

Microphone sensitivity (for the SpeakEasy cable): -42dB @ 1kHz

Impedance: 32 Ohms

Weight: 280g

The box itself is quite sturdy and has a nice feel to it. You open it by unbuttoning a felt fastener with a metal stud and then pull up the handle (also felt with metal studs). The headphones are already placed inside the hardshell case. The two cables included with the headphones (more on these later) are each wrapped in a small velcro cable tie and the jack adapter is in a plastic bag. When inside the case the headphones are folded in towards the headband using V-MODA's unique “Cliq Fold” mechanism. It's literally what it says on the tin, the headphones make a reassuring "click" sound each time you fold/unfold the ear cups via the steel hinges just above each cup.

I have the shadow black version of these headphones, which has some glossy plastic around the outside of each ear cup along with some red trim around the headband, including the stitching and the V-MODA logo on top. These can also be bought in matte black and white/silver versions if you prefer. The headphones themselves are very sturdy. The headband is made of a very flexible steel (or “steelflex”, as V-MODA calls it) which apparently can be bent flat as many as ten times (I haven't dared to try this myself as these are my main headphones!). The bundled cables are equally durable, apparently rated to withstand over 1 million cable bends. Clearly V-MODA have gone to great lengths to make these headphones physically withstand all sorts of punishment.

And just because a product is durable doesn’t mean it has to look bad. One of the distinctive customisability elements of these headphones concerns the ear cups, where you have removable "shields" on each cup. You can customise and buy different coloured shields for personal taste as well as have a logo engraved on each one by V-MODA. They're even available in different materials, including precious metals if your budget can stretch that far (platinum shields will set you back $27,000 direct from V-MODA)! You can easily swap these out at will by unscrewing the old ones and screwing in the new ones.

Another smaller element of customisability is with the cable placement. Each ear cup has a port where you can connect your cable, each covered by a "V-Cork" which you turn and pull out (this could be a bit fiddly for you to do if you have fat fingers). You can even have cables connected to each cup simultaneously, so for example more than one person can listen to the same feed.

Speaking of the cables, you get two in the box as aforementioned. One of them is a 52" (132cm) SpeakEasy cable for your smartphone which includes an inline microphone and a single remote button for receiving and hanging up calls, as well as controlling your music through your chosen app.

The other is a 79" (200cm) SharePlay cable which is a standard double-ended 3.5mm audio cable but with a twist. It has an extra 3.5mm jack into which you can connect another pair of headphones/earphones or speakers, meaning more than one person can listen to the same feed at the same time. In theory you could even have the SharePlay cable connected to one ear cup (with headphones connected to its extra port) and another pair of headphones connected to the other ear cup, so up to three people could listen to the same feed without speakers (or so I’ve read, I haven’t tried this out!).

These headphones are of the over-ear type and V-MODA opted for passive noise cancelling, so no need to charge a battery. The earphones themselves feel well cushioned on my head and are tight enough that they won’t slip off if I move my head around. I’ve read some people with larger heads/ears report that the headphones feel too small as they don’t quite fully cover the ears, and that they also pinch a bit too hard and get uncomfortable after prolonged usage. These are not problems I’ve faced as I have both smaller ears and a smaller head, although after a while it does get quite warm inside. The headband adjustment is very easy, you just pull/push the band until it sits just right on your head. It clicks into different notches as you go so you get an idea of how much you're adjusting it by.

Now onto the sound quality (or at least how I perceive it). I find the headphones have a good amount of bass with almost no distortion even if you pump the volume up really high, which I’ve tested both on my smartphone and my desktop PC (some might argue it’s too bass-heavy). The mid and treble also sound decent enough for me to pick out vocals or other instruments (I mostly listen to rap/hip-hop but occasionally I listen to other genres). My music collection contains a mixture of MP3 and FLAC files (I prefer FLAC files if possible) and both sound just fine for my tastes (unless it’s a really bad MP3 file, obviously!). As aforementioned I’m not an audiophile so I can’t really comment in great detail on the more technical terms/details of the audio itself such as the “sound stage” or “burn in”, this is just how I feel about it (such reviews seem to be subjective anyway).

Available for separate purchase; you can also get a BoomPro Microphone cable, which can turn your headphones into a headset for voice capture (e.g. Skype calls, gaming chat, general voice recording, etc). The microphone itself is on an adjustable gooseneck so you can position the microphone in just the right place, and it has an inline volume adjustment dial and mute switch with a clip on the back. This cable is also bundled with a splitter cable for devices which cannot accept the 4-pin 3.5mm jack (e.g. some desktop/laptop PC soundcards), which splits the 4-pin jack connector into separate 3-pin jacks for line-in [microphone] and line-out [headphones]. There is also a CoilPro cable which is basically a coiled cable that can stretch up to 12’ (365cm) and is usually used in a professional setting such as a recording booth, as well as replacement/extra-large ear cup cushions and a stainless steel headphone stand among other things.

On the whole I find these to be quite balanced headphones sound-wise with great attention to detail in the build quality and styling, and I’m confident these will last for a long time. Yes these might be too expensive for some people's budget, but if you can stretch to it you can't go far wrong with them.

8. Sandeep Poddar
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2016

Sandeep Poddar , Dec 22, 2016 :
    man u r so savage :p u destroy it completely :p:D

9. MJ Orbit
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2016

MJ Orbit , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Review of Steel Series Siberia V2.0
    Over the ear gaming headset
    First look:
    Came in a red box with MSi dragon gaming logo on it (as it was a bundled headset for my laptop).
    Box had the description like frequency response, sensitivity and impedance. IMG_20161111_095646850_20161222151551716.jpg
    Specs:
    Form factor : Over the ear.
    Control : Microphone on/off, volume scroll wheel.
    Drivers per ear : One.
    Driver size : 50mm
    Noise cancellation : No.
    Microphone : Yes retractable.
    Frequency response: 18 – 28.000 Hz
    Impedance: 32 Ohm
    SPL@ 1kHz, 1 Vrms: 112 dB
    Cable length: 1 + 2 = 3 m (9,8 ft.)
    Jacks: 3.5 mm
    In box contents:
    Siberia V2.0 with MSi dragon logo
    Extension 3.5mm cables and a mobile 3.5 mm adapter.
    Build quality and design :
    It's made of plastic felt well built, but expected something premium anyways.
    Has a metal mesh back unlike all plastic.
    Cables were tangle free, had a interesting pattern.
    The foam felt so plush and comfy (great for 5+ hrs of gaming)
    Also the inline controls volume scroll wheel and a microphone on/off switch.
    And retractable microphone wow!!
    And last but not least gold plated jacks.
    Everything felt well built but plastic could have been slightly better.
    SteelSeries could have done this because gamers prefer lightweight headphones.
    Initial impressions:
    Threw some songs with a flat equalizer.
    Bass was well pronounced across all tracks, not overpowering the highs.
    Crisp and clear highs.
    Mid range was well balanced
    Sound staging was best, can differentiate different instruments.
    Bass : 8/10
    Mids: 7/10
    Highs:7/10
    Note : all these rating were giving with respect to pricing and performance it offers.
    DAC used: ESS sabre capable of 24bit/192 kbps and Realtek on board audio.
    PS: I request everyone burn-in headphones atleast for 8hrs min with different genres to get the best out of it.
    Gaming performance:
    Crysis 3 was combined with Siberia v2 was exceptional. Can exactly track down ceph presence. Wind and rain noises were life like.
    Grenade booms were awesome.
    Verdict:
    I would say for a mid entry level gaming headset, MSI and SteelSeries did a great job of packing such a great performer as a bundled kit.
    For someone who wants equally distributed frequency response this one is a good option.
    Basshead?
    Don't worry with a slight tweak in equalize you get the boom deep (30hz below).
    No software emulated 7.1 or gimmicks.
    Yes a closed eye go for a budget buy.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

10. snannicoso
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2016

11. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2016

VirtuosoLoki , Dec 22, 2016 :
    I rate this review a solid 5/7

jonitfcfan likes this.
  12. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2016

13. Krishna2142
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2016

Krishna2142 , Dec 22, 2016 :
    LOL :D look at those headphones... looking like the design is inspired from animated film :p

14. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 23, 2016

Adam Krisko , Dec 23, 2016 :
    She gave the info here @obakesan

obakesan likes this.
  15. G_Shritwik_Bhaduri_OWiX
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

G_Shritwik_Bhaduri_OWiX , Dec 23, 2016 :
    My - (JBL Go) bluetooth speakers

simple ,small but powerful & absolute value for money.
    Pros
    • Good, clean design
    • Mid-range and treble sounds are pretty tight,calling support
    • Affordable & nice battery life
    Cons
    • Slightly heavy
    • Sub-bass sounds are completely absent
    Ratings (Out of 5)
    • Design: 4
    • Performance: 3.5
    • Value For money: 4
    • Overall: 3.5
    My views
    nice stuff to waste money upon :cool::)

16. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2016

obakesan. , Dec 23, 2016 :
    Thanks @Adam Krisko ya, I saw that afterwards, guess my brain is lazy and don't want calculate 14 days, but rather it ends on this specific day ;) haha

17. MaffyRain
    Froyo Dec 23, 2016

MaffyRain , Dec 23, 2016 :
    :DHere's my review for mindlessnerds.com from Italy! :)
    Sony MDR-XB950AP

[​IMG]

BOXING

The box speaks itself. The front and back of the box are covered with sentences such as "deep bass", "extra basses". It is clear that Sony has sighted the loudness, the depth of the basses and sound immersion. they explained that on the back of the box describing the technology used for the pavilion. The transducer thickness, impedance value and frequency response.

FIRST IMPACT: QUALITY CONSTRUCTION

The main structure of the headset is top quality: satin aluminum, often, durable and oleophobic. The rest is plastic (polycarbonate, as other producers says). The overall build quality is impressive, especially about the bearing that will completely isolate us from the outside world, which does not seem delicate or easily consumable. The flat cable (1.2m long) are not easily twisted. The "L" form of the 3.5mm jack ease the use with PCs, tablets and consoles; The built-in button for multimedia functions is very useful, easily recognized by each type of device, just as the embedded microphone.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND SOUND IMMERSION

The 40mm electrodynamic transducer provides an exceptional response to the low frequency basses. The sense of immersion is total and the pavilion, is not showing signs of breaking or cracking also in extreme working conditions with difficult and complex songs like "Angel" by Massive Attack, and even at maximum volume (106dB). The pavilion responds to frequencies ranging from 3 to 28000Hz (and it is immediately clear, also for the less experienced, as this is a very good response bandwidth). The sound is colorful and defined: the basses are deep but balanced, not overlapping the midrange and the treble definition is exceptional. Fundamental was therefore the 40 Ohm impedance chosen by Sony, that on the one hand lowers the maximum volume (compared to the usual 32 Ohm), but on the other hand increases the general definition and proves to be a good compromise for both "casual" listeners but also for the "purists" of audio fidelity (as this is possible in the digital age).

VOTES AND COMPREHENSIVE CONCLUSION

The Sony MDR-XB950AP are amazing. Considering the price at which they are readily available on the Internet and the overall quality of the product, they probably have not rivals (quality / price). They have nothing to envy to much more expensive models of enhanced Monster "Beats Solo" or the vast majority of Sennheiser (belonging to that price range).

So we highly recommend this headset is the most casual listeners, both from connoisseurs to the "superfine" listeners.

Box: 9
    Construction Quality: 10/10
    Sound Quality: 9/10
    Quality/price rating: 10/10
    Overall rating: 9.5/10

Original review article Here
    Video review on my YT channel Here
    Other reviews Here

18. milkdude
    KitKat Dec 24, 2016

milkdude , Dec 24, 2016 :
    While I guess this is fine for most, I would have rather seen a similar review/contest for a OnePlus audio product.
    And maybe use the reviews to promote their own products, with the reviewers approval of course.

19. Tandro
    Froyo Dec 24, 2016

Tandro , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Dear OnePlus Mods, please accept my entry!

Review of JayBirds X2 Wireless earphones.

I finally decided to evolve with the times. Having been bound to a wire that heavily restricted my neck, preventing me from giving the occasional look to a pretty woman jogging next to me was the last straw. I decided to go wireless and was willing to go beyond my usual budget. Running had become more frequent since i decided to loose those extra pounds gained due to my decadent dietary habits and the wired headphones coupled with zero sweat resistance weren't really helping my case. I could even sense the output volume of my left earphone dying, consequence of it's inability to withstand a flood of bodily fluids post workout from yours truly.

A search on the internet revealed to me a plethora of options, but I consciously decided to avoid the cheaper ones, thanks to horror stories shared by my brother after having used a pair of "$10 sweat proof Bluetooth earphones".
    There was only one direction to go towards. Every single tech critic worth his salt (or her salt, all for equality and feminism) recommended the JayBirds X2. The claim was that you could sweat like the flood gates of niagra and your earphones would remain functional. Also, the earphones were supposed to be the best sounding;
    1. Earphones
    2. Sports earphones
    3. At that price point.

Purchased the White colored earphones from Amazon for $89 as they were on discount, though I wanted a red pair. But the red pair cost $149, and my wallet was already crying, so the decision of color was more out of necessity than free will. Sigh.

Coming to the product.

The packaging.
    Exquisite. Showed that the product was a high quality affair, with a nice smooth paper box, with hard plastic casing to make sure the product isn't damaged. It was every bit indulgent and worth the $89 i just shelled out. A special mention must be given to the white carrying case for the earphones. It's so soft to the touch, but it's actually so tough, it could survive a nuclear explosion. Like, i sat on it and bounced, and it still didn't break. And i'm not known to be a feather. :p

The accessories.
    The earphones come with a plethora of fins and earphone buds. (3+3) Pairs of fins and (3+3) pairs of earbuds, each pair of a different size. It initially looked like hieroglyphs but then i found a guide on the jaybirds official website that helped my single-digit-IQ-of-a-brain; and i was able to find my fit. The mid-sized fins, the type which were more hardened than usual, held well against the curves of my ear, and the pore-filled rubber structure provided some flexibility amidst all that rigidity. To quote James Bond, it was a quantum of solace. :D The earbuds, are of 2 kinds, silicone and foam, and I, not being used to the foam ones, prefer the silicone ones. Both are of great quality.

Finally, the Earphones.
    My workouts often leave me uninterested, if it isn't accompanied by some thumping, bass heavy music. I primarily listen to some Big room, House or Deep house during my workouts and when I plugged in these earphones for the first time, I wanted to stop working out and start dancing instead. The clarity of the sound would rival most top notch audio systems found in nightclubs. The base, is jusssst right. It doesn't seem enhanced, but it definitely isn't studio grade either. I particularly liked the sub bass output from the earphones in a few songs that I have, as the sub-bass is nicely spread out, and sounds great and you can hear every single detail.

I also listen to music with a lot of highs, primarily instrumental music with a dominant viola or a cello. Yo-yo Ma, Ludovico Einaudi, to name a few and I must commend the earphones on how good they cut out external noise, even when there's a pause in the music. Mind you, they don't have active noise cancellation and that makes the feat all the more praiseworthy. The highs, also have to be commended for their clarity, and I actually found myself hearing a few notes for the first time on the jaybirds. Whether this was down to my old earphones being absolutely worthless, or the new ones being godly, i'm not sure, but i sure am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the people at Jaybirds. Their hard work is evident throughout.

Known to generate copious amounts of sweat during workouts, the lifetime warranty provided by Jaybirds against sweat related damage was very very reassuring. It's been almost 3 months since i made the purchase, and I have rinsed my earphones in sweat almost on a daily basis, and there seems to be no loss in quality.

The battery life on the earphones is stellar, with me easily getting up to 9-11 hours of playback. Pairing the earphones is very convenient, and it remembers more than one device simultaneously. Hence pairing and reconnecting, even across platforms, was a cinch.

The blue tooth earphones have great range and a strong connection, hence taking phone calls were a piece of cake. The microphone on the earphones deserved a mention as in spite of it being it closer to the ear, it functions excellently, picking up my voice very well, hence

my hello from the other side,
    was heard at least a thousand times,
    to tell them these, earphones
    were amazing as hell,
    and I loved them so much,
    and i just killed adele,

with this song..

:p

To conclude.

When I decided to spend 89$ on a earphones, I am going to have unreasonable expectations. That's a given. The thing is, the earphones matched my unreasonable expectations on all fronts. The sound quality has been stellar, they stick to my ears like glue, tolerate the flood gates in my ears, and put me into such an isolation to enjoy my music, that i could zone out my mother yelling at me to fall asleep. Sadly though, exactly a week after my last return date, Jaybirds had launched the newer X3, for a mere $10 more, and dropped another $10 on the X2, that i had purchased. That was quite a bummer since i could have gotten the X3. Sigh. But the excellent audio quality of my existing X2s are slowly helping me overcome that disappointment. But if i think about it, i'm hardly disappointed. It's that damn good.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016

20. Deactivated User
    Dec 24, 2016