OnePlus X in 2018

1. samrat mande
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

samrat mande , Feb 24, 2018 :
    ordered it on launch day Nov 15 and still working nice , the only issue I am facing is Battery back up..it lasts not even for a single day..may be 18-20 hrs..any suggestions to improve on that..i don't have any game installed,normal use email WhatsApp FB etc. ...other than this..it's working very smooth.. recently I have upgraded to 5t..and I am loving it.

one more question- can I get new battery for my OPX from one plus service center?

2. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2018

3. samrat mande
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2018

4. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2018

Kéno40 , Feb 26, 2018 :
    Are you still on OOS 3.1.4 ?

You can try to reset it completly and re install to wipe it.
    Beside that, using lite version of Facebook app (or Metal for FB for ex) can help you to use less juice.

Last chance, trying custom roms or custom kernel with long battery priority.

5. mcgravier
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2018

mcgravier , Mar 18, 2018 :
    I'm going to use this phone until it dies - got it during launch and still can't justify upgrade - I expect battery replacement to be necessary next year, and then probably another 3 years of hard use. Seriously, this is probably the best phone I ever had.

It's a shame that OnePlus fails at providing software upgrades. Gotta finally switch to Lineage

guisbro, JEPereira and vinsert like this.
  6. JEPereira
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2018

JEPereira , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Yeah, I've come to reach the same conclusion...especially after reading some of the feedback that users have been giving about the OP5T.
    I think I'll stick with the X until it dies and leaves me with no choice but to upgrade. Until then, it serves my purposes competely and there is really no point on spending that much cash.

Totally agree with that statement, as I've said before: Best phone I've ever had. ;)

sarath3002 and vinsert like this.
  7. sarath3002
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2018

sarath3002 , Mar 20, 2018 :
    I was using OPX till last week since Feb2016 and switched to 5T upgrade. Never wanted to use another OEM model. Fan of OnePlus

JEPereira likes this.
  8. fvdb1961
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

fvdb1961 , Mar 21, 2018 :
    I'm still using my X with stock rom and am very satisfied with it. its a very good phone, never have any issues with it.

vinsert and JEPereira like this.
  9. Muukesh
    Donut Mar 21, 2018

Muukesh , Mar 21, 2018 :
    my wife is still using onexy with Jio sim....fone is good condition with its originality but no volte is our problem.

10. daniels.stugis
    Donut Mar 26, 2018

daniels.stugis , Mar 26, 2018 :
    Using it as my daily driver almost since it came out.
    Even managed to run OOS for like 4 months before started flashing custom ROMs on it :D
    Not bothered by 1 yr support, did not need it anyway...

But why do I still use it?
    Pretty much combination of those two points:
    • Formfactor - it is impossible to find 5" phone with descent specs, sure there are options, but they are pretty close to OPX or have some disadvantages, like lack of 3.5mm jack for Pixel 2, so upgrading feels irrelevant for me. Because phones larger than 5" are super-lame imo, hard to use with one hand (ok, there is like option to use like 1/4 of screen, so it is easier to operate with one hand, but that's just idiotism), does not fit in pocket that well and so on...
    • No problems with rooting and modifying things - still remember my first phones - hard to unlock bootloader because of manufacturers bullsh1t and if managed to unlock it somehow... there were still lack of custom ROMs etc (the first and last time buying Huawei...) Ok, nowadays it is not a problem since every phone now gets custom ROMs and other cool stuff, but I do not want to accidentally grab a new phone and lose all the features I have managed to make on OPX

Maybe someone can suggest me a good replacement for OPX?

vinsert likes this.
  11. FarewellFire
    Donut Mar 26, 2018

FarewellFire , Mar 26, 2018 :
    It's a beautiful piece of engineering. I've been running Lineage 14.1 since a year back and being a complete noob on the whole flashing process before that I have to say that I am very pleased. There is no reason not to run a better (read: safer) OS than stock, in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018

JEPereira and vinsert like this.
  12. bplesa
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

bplesa , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I got the OPX when it was launched. As other people said, best phone i ever had.
    Still my main driver, but not for long - Nokia are back in the game (thanks God).
    This is a great little phone:
    - good price
    - good size
    - excellent screen
    - very nice design
    - works very well
    Unfortunately, not up to the task in 2018:
    - No support from OnePLus - security updates from Nov 2016 - lesson learned, I will never buy from OnePlus again
    - only 16GB memory as I am using both SIM slots

Nokia 7 (https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_7-8907.php) is very simmilar to OPX (size and design), but it comes only as Chinese model.
    I think I will jump to the 6" trend (very big, I agree) and get the Nokia 7 Plus.
    I'll try to keep the OPX as back-up device.
    It was a very reliable device.

13. vinsert
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

14. malidan
    Nougat Mar 29, 2018

malidan , Mar 29, 2018 :
    If the OPX is the best phone you ever had I can' t imagine what you had before.

15. nedkolav
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

nedkolav , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I recently joined the team of OP owners, but I started from 1+3t and I am fully satisfied this phone. However, why do I write here? first of all, I was going to buy OPx for my parents, because of low price and good quality.
    I would like to hear your opinion about this model as using it by not young user.

so I have some questions:
    - they going to use only Messengers and make calls, is this model good for these?
    - battery, it's very important to charge only 1 time during 2-3 days
    -sometimes watch videos online, so what about battery level during using YouTube?

I wish everyone good smartphones and pleasant using!

@dematmozilla and JEPereira like this.
  16. JEPereira
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

JEPereira , Mar 29, 2018 :
    As nice of a gesture that is, and I really like this phone, but why give them such an outdated phone? Why not a new one?

And, above all, can you still buy an OPX? Brand new?

nedkolav likes this.
  17. nedkolav
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

nedkolav , Mar 29, 2018 :
    yeah, I live in Ukraine and I still have a possibility to buy this one) I like OnePlus brand, of course there are a lot of different new models of cool brands like Xiaomi, Meizu, Huawei and so on, so I want to hear you advise please, is it a good idea to add my parents to OnePlus family with OPx?

18. @dematmozilla
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

@dematmozilla , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Ha
    Have been using my OnePlusX for well over two & half years now, my wife owns the same for two years. Faultless. Beautiful design & finish, love the cameras, great for artwork & photography, rarely use my laptop now as a result. Watch TV plus Cast Netflix. Difficult to justify cost of upgrade to 5T when X does most things so well. Will definitely be staying with OnePlus regardless. Demat!

JEPereira and vinsert like this.
  19. S1520176647754
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

20. Hruday Sasank Yadavalli
    Froyo Apr 10, 2018

JEPereira likes this.