OnePlus X in 2018

1. MovingShadow
    Eclair Apr 17, 2018

MovingShadow , Apr 17, 2018 :
    I'm still using the OPX since I got it shortly after it was launched.
    Coming from an Sony Xperia T, the OPX was a huge difference.
    I've never spend a lot of money on phones and usually keep my phones for several years.

However the OPX is starting to show its age now. Battery drains very quickly even though it sits most of the day in a phone locker on airplane mode (I work at a place that doesn't allow unregistered camera's), it barely lasts throughout the day.

Heat is also becoming an issue when I start using it for some time.

Depending on how long it lasts, I'll take the plunge to the OP6 or T-variant.

JEPereira likes this.
  2. stemig59
    Eclair Apr 19, 2018

stemig59 , Apr 19, 2018 :
    I still use it, it's always good, it's a shame not receive more updates. My ideal phone can be at most a 5.2", so unfortunately my choice to change will not fall on any new Oneplus. Maybe one day the fashion of these huge mobiles will pass, and will return what I retake the ideal size for everyday use. For now I keep tight my excellent Oneplus X .

script likes this.
  3. harshitkaushal
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

harshitkaushal , Apr 25, 2018 :
    Saw the OPX with a friend two years back, never thought I'd have one. Met my uncle last year in December and he had one, with a broken glass back. Spares for this phone were not there and still they managed to get me a used back for the phone which was a better choice than a third-party back.The battery in this phone started swelling so I order a new third-party battery and replaced it on my own for just $20. I am so in love with this phone. Glad to finally be a Oneplus owner.

5' phones all the way for me as they are handy, so once this phone gives up, I'll move either to a Lenovo Z2 plus or a pixel 2. Pretty good specs on the Lenovo and it's cheap as well!

JEPereira likes this.
  4. Kaustuv1709
    Donut Apr 29, 2018

Kaustuv1709 , Apr 29, 2018 :
    2 years.. still the best phone in the budget..still sunning smoothly...heating problem is an issue. but its manageable.. dont want to update from Oneplus..to another phone

JEPereira likes this.
  5. rockbots03
    Cupcake May 1, 2018

rockbots03 , May 1, 2018 :
    Pitching for a new phone now after almost 2.5 years. Battery and space constraints forcing me to do so . But still not able to find the perfect match and the same utilities as I have. Waiting for another lowcost carrier by One PLus. If not will buy the OP6

JEPereira likes this.
  6. JEPereira
    Gingerbread May 1, 2018

JEPereira , May 1, 2018 :
    A feeling way too familiar...the OPX also exceeded my expectations. When I have to switch (since my battery is still preety good and my additional 32 gB do the job flawlessly) it will be to another OnePlus, almost guaranteed. Just wished they'd put out an OPX². That would be a no-brainer immediate buy. :p

7. Rahul Balachandran
    Donut May 6, 2018

Rahul Balachandran , May 6, 2018 :
    My feedback on op5t after 3 mts of usage :

I still maintain that this thing is a beast !!!

Got the latest oreo stable update and still am getting an excellent battery life of close to 5-7hrs with mild to heavy usage .
    I keep my data, Bluetooth running , screen brightness on auto mostly , dark theme mode, and haptic feedbacks switched off ( only for keyboard and not for notifications ).

It has hung twice for about a second or two in my usage so far and both times due to some app failure ..

Other than that I ve had no functional issues uptil now.

PS: The aluminium back seems to develop patches over time which has been reported by many users . All of them have used the complementary back cover that was included with the box !!!!

JEPereira likes this.
  8. mohawahba
    Gingerbread May 7, 2018

mohawahba , May 7, 2018 :
    have it, good and still sexy in the hand. things to consider that i suffer from the most is the battery drain and screen latency. do you guys have solution for this stupid lag when using swiftkey? it is very annoying.
    rather than that, i love the phone and it should continue extra few months. i have the 3t but i like smaller displays.

Thanks

JEPereira likes this.
  9. Radeon962
    KitKat May 8, 2018

Radeon962 , May 8, 2018 :
    Had a few since then but ones that I used for more than a few weeks: OnePlus 3, 3T, 5 and Pixel XL and now iPhone X since release in November which may be a new record for me and how long I have stuck with one phone.

JEPereira likes this.
  10. X1525791970222
    Cupcake May 8, 2018

11. Norzma
    Cupcake May 8, 2018

Norzma , May 8, 2018 :
    Bought my Oneplus X during release at 7th November, so its pretty much 2 and half years old and still working just fine. Running it as my only phone and doing almost everything I want it to do, althou I can sometime feel its speed being on the slower side and some apps being slightly annoying (looking at you twitter crashing way too much) in stock OS. Only thing I find terrible now as I've entered work life is the camera, it is budget for a reason.
    Had totally forgot about custom ROMs since I haven't done any flashing before, but perhaps its worth looking into.

However also really looking forward to OP6 reveal next week, which I'm probably gonna buy, unless theres something I really dislike (unlikely).

Really happy about the 2+ years of daily usage of my Onyx X :D

JEPereira likes this.
  12. JEPereira
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

JEPereira , May 8, 2018 :
    Totally get your point. ;)

13. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2018

Kéno40 , May 9, 2018 :
    The camera is not "terrible". As with all cameras, the photographer has to know its limits to have the best picture possible with it.
    I often use some jpeg to print some photos and the result is far to be bad when you have a good light.

JEPereira likes this.
  14. Blouko
    Cupcake May 10, 2018

Blouko , May 10, 2018 :
    Have been using it for a year and a half and I'm still happily using it. I don't find it's worth paying another couple hundred dollars to replace what currently works perfectly well. I have and I've never had any problems with it, it's a great budget phone and I'm a happy customer :).

*Although I got to mention the lack of updates is pretty sad, but understandable.

JEPereira likes this.
  15. Sven Engelen
    Donut May 15, 2018

Sven Engelen , May 15, 2018 :
    Having it for 2 years exactly now. Still using it as my daily phone. Im running Lineage 14 on my device and I am planning to go to AOSP soon if its any good (reviews?). I am starting to see a slight burn in of the status bar so I am considering a screen replacement. This phone is so good that I wont drop it for at least another year. Its just a shame that oneplus decided to drop the X so early while its still a competing device in 2018

16. malidan
    Nougat May 15, 2018

malidan , May 15, 2018 :
    What exactly is the OPX competing with in 2018:confused:?
    One should never let owner bias blind you from reality, it wasn't even competing with 2014 flagships:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 15, 2018

17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 15, 2018

Dunnow , May 15, 2018 :
    I'm confused, I thought the X was a mess, with sd card issues, gpu lags and slow fps while recording video, was everything fixed?

18. Norzma
    Cupcake May 15, 2018

Norzma , May 15, 2018 :
    I think most issues with SD cards got solved fairly fast, gpu issues I'm unsure of but never had any problems myself, and slow fps seems to still be there (at least slightly) in low light conditions.
    But for a phone that costs 250 € I'd say it was a very competitive phone in its price range, and slightly above it.

Rahul Balachandran likes this.
  19. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 15, 2018

Dunnow , May 15, 2018 :
    For about that I have a phone that records 4k at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 stabilized... I dont know why people has the opx so highly appreciated when it failed to do the basics for so long

malidan likes this.
  20. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean May 16, 2018

Kéno40 , May 16, 2018 :
    Pixel?
    Xiaomi?