OnePlus y series 43' Tv remote not working via OnePlus 7T

1. grumpy_chaggy
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

grumpy_chaggy , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Problem:
    The remote does not automatically connects to the TV. I have to unpair and pair it again using connect app in order to use it. 80% of time it gives message ' Couldn't pair ' , rest 20% of time it connects, and I'm able to use the Remote but it disconnects after sometime.

Things I've tried:

1) Batteries are not an issue as sometimes Remote connects. Anyways I've tried changing the batteries and still same result.

2) bluetooth in TV is working, as it is connected with other devices and is able to search available devices.

3) bluetooth in remote works as I've tried it connecting it to my phone and I'm able to control my OnePlus phone using TV's remote.

Tv remote was always lagging ever since I bought the TV but it wasn't this annoying. I've raised service request but noone from OnePlus has responded to me yet.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2021

Venky61 , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Hi...
    I don't have a Y series TV, to confirm if the issue is with the firmware happening with all or just you device. Could you try a Factory reset of the TV... Helps in most of the cases.
    Also how long has it been that you raised the request?

3. grumpy_chaggy
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

I called OP call center and raised a request on 16th September. I was assured that I will receive a request number but I didn't. So I engaged OP on whatsapp and filed request again on 17th Sept.

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2021

Venky61 , Sep 19, 2021 :
    OP CS, especially the TV service has a reputation of taking enormous time to attend the service requests... You just have to keep following up...

5. grumpy_chaggy
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

6. grumpy_chaggy
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

Results: Resseting the TV did not helped. Still facing this issue.

Advice for others: Please do not reset you TV if the remote is not working properly. After reset you won't be able to use remote (obvious reasons) and Connect app/ android remote control as your tv won't be connected to wifi initially. Luckily I had a joystick, which I used to complete initial setup.

Venky61 likes this.
  7. grumpy_chaggy
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2021

grumpy_chaggy , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 23, 2021 :
    September 23: Still waiting for response fron OnePlus's side.
    September 29: Still no one has contacted me. Already escalated the issue on 24 sept. I'm beginning to hate OnePlus now.
    Oct 5: still no one from OnePlus has visited, asked customer care to send me new Remote and I'll pay for it. They told me it's for a 1000 rupees. **** you OnePlus 🖕 said:
    And then I decided to get firestick 3rd gen for 2000 from Amazon sale. The Firestick TV can control the TV ( like playing with volume and turning TV on and off ). The UI is more crispy than the android native UI (extra gb of ram in firestick if quite noticible ). I'm done with OnePlus , not sure why was I advocating for this shit company for so many years.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021