OnePlus3 with O2 - in stock or not?

1. ofive
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2016

ofive , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Hello guys. I want to order OP 3 from UK but i live in another country and i can not make the purchase with my credit card or my paypal account because the address need to be in UK in order to make the purchase. I want to ask if my friend goes at O2 store in London to buy it for me, he will get it for 329£ or not? Because in their website they have monthly payment. Also i want to make sure that the device is unlocked from O2 or not?

Thanks in advance :)

2. mcfetti
    Eclair Oct 14, 2016

mcfetti , Oct 14, 2016 :
    From what I understand at the moment the OP3 is not available sim free online but might still be available in store as sim free.

If it is available in store as sim Free, you will be paying in total £346 as O2 sell the phone for £336 + they make you buy an O2 sim which is £10.

The £329 price is only available from OP website (ie. buying the phone directly)

3. Edward_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2016

Edward_ , Oct 14, 2016 :
    mcfeti is correct - you can only buy contract online at the moment

If a store has one you might be able to talk them into selling it PAYG but O2 may have taken that price out of their system as well as removing the online option

I suspect stock issues have stopped them selling it as PAYG (for now at least) as people will buy it and put another (cheaper) SIM in it (they're unlocked straight from OnePlus) and they won't make a third of the money they would by flogging you a two-year contract.

4. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2016

brayshizzle , Oct 14, 2016 :
    Delivery has now been rearranged twice , yet no phone.

UKMail are denying that anything has been done, lucky for me I have the screen shots. Sadly, no idea what to do with them or who to send to as it wont make a difference.
    Trying to get o2 to allow me buy a sim free one at my local store and just have this phone sent back from the depot

5. Edward_

Edward_ , Oct 14, 2016 :
    You can call UK mail on their number in coventry and choose 'milton keynes' or 'leeds' to speak to a real person.
    024 7693 7777

6. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2016

Done it, get the same answer....it was refused delivery...contact o2. its back and forth. their 0.5 out of 10 reviews seems to make sense now

7. SharkSuitGuy
    Eclair Oct 14, 2016

SharkSuitGuy , Oct 14, 2016 :
    Just been on the phone with O2 regarding my overdue refund. They said it was processed yesterday and it should appear in my bank account within 5 working days. Let's hope it's true this time.

I don't understand why it took them so long for the refund to be processed when I cancelled on Tuesday 4th October. The guy said the cancellation was submitted on the 5th Oct and it's then down to the refund department to process the payment, so basically shifting the blame. Just a reminder that I'll never shop with O2 ever again in the future. Such rotten business standards.

mcfeti likes this.
  8. mcfetti
    Eclair Oct 14, 2016

mcfetti , Oct 14, 2016 :
    thanks for posting that...finger crossed for mine.

I'm having an interesting email conversation with O2 complaints department. The lady has said that click and collect orders get sent from the warehouse which completely contradicts what they state on their website for click and collect where they check stock in relevant O2 branch where you can get a your order "in minutes"
    I'm not really hoping to get anything out of this but I'll not be fobbed off.

9. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2016

Hour and a half on the phone.
    Managed to order a new one for click and collect but still have to wait for my confirmation email.
    Today earliest,Monday latest.

Good news...Ive read two books on my work commute since last Friday.

10. Edward_

11. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2016

I know, I get weird looks. Looking forward to going back and catching up on showbox.

So the information I got from O2 was they are not going to be doing PAYG and apparently never planned on it. The guy I spoke to found it weird that my original order went through with a PAYG sim.
    Also click and collect was marked as 'today' but they said the order can take 1-3days to complete.

**** it,its friday, gin time

12. Edward_

Edward_ , Oct 14, 2016 :
    Currently on the phone to O2 customer dis-service. They're telling me the phone has not been returned and even when it is I'll have to wait 14 days for a refund.

C###s

13. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2016

I was told between 5-14 days for my refund.
    Needs to get out of the depot ffirst though

14. Edward_

15. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 14, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 14, 2016 :
    If it's any help, it's showing 4 days on soft gold on the oneplus site currently.

16. Edward_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2016

17. SharkSuitGuy
    Eclair Oct 15, 2016

SharkSuitGuy , Oct 15, 2016 :
    Guys, I've just checked my bank account and my refund came through yesterday on the 14th. Well it's taken 10 days but I've finally received it. I hope everyone else waiting for theirs get them soon.

mcfeti likes this.
  18. zebs19
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2016

zebs19 , Oct 15, 2016 :
    Tips for buying from O2.
    Buy online, but pay cash in shop.
    This can be done .
    I.e. Whilst outside shop. Contacted O2 customer services.
    Told them I had cash in pocket . But couldn't access my bank account .
    So managed to order online / pay in shop.
    The advantage of this is refunds are via shop within 24 hours .
    (My experience . )
    Also buy via online, as when shop purchased.
    Phone can be locked during instore set up.
    Buying online, using store as collection point.
    You just get handed the package untouched.

mcfeti likes this.
  19. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2016

20. brayshizzle
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2016

brayshizzle , Oct 17, 2016 :
    spoke to o2. i have now been told i cant collect my phone until the 21st and that click and collect is not actually what happens.
    so in a sense this is false advertising.