[Submitted] Oneplus5 unable to unlock phone - screen black after update to android9

1. TombaUk
    Donut Jan 25, 2019

TombaUk , Jan 25, 2019 :
    After updated to 9.0.3 (23 January 2019 (OnePlus5)
    I am unable to unlock phone with the power button, nor with fingerprint. Screen stays black.
    When I restart phone then it ask for PIN, when I enter pin I am in phone and see all my icons and apps. Works fine. But when Locked again - screen stays black when trying to unlock it. Tried to Wipe data, cache, partition, but it problem persists.
    How to downgrade my oneplus5 to 8.1 ?
    Totally not happy with the v9

jpelasio likes this.
  2. jpelasio
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2019

jpelasio , Jan 25, 2019 :
    IvI' got the exact same problem man. Wiped the cache and factory reset but still happens...

3. TombaUk
    Donut Jan 28, 2019

TombaUk , Jan 28, 2019 :
    Yap, I went via recovery back to fw 8.1
    Itcis so unfair that oneplus has hidden all older firmwares, you have to dig arround by some other sources to get to them.

Hey, oneplus why no more older firmware archive?

4. TombaUk
    Donut Jan 28, 2019

TombaUk , Jan 28, 2019 :
    G_Devin_Hugo: this is not about unlocking because it was locked by operator, this is jut to turn on phone screen, and enter pin/swipe/ when in sleep... fingerprint has not worked either.

5. TombaUk
    Donut Mar 7, 2019

TombaUk , Mar 7, 2019 :
    Very pleased with support... no reply what so ever after 1 month...Considering to move on to Pixel 3

6. TombaUk
    Donut Apr 15, 2019

TombaUk , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I've given it a try to go to 9.0.4 and same happened, again after flash the phone turn on, I can enter pin. when it go to sleep I am again unable to unlock/see screen icons. screen stay black.
    when rebooted akd removed any swipe or any lock, same happens. screen stay black after trying to wake screen with power button.