OnePlus6 - Gmail notifications never appear until I open the Gmail app

1. G_Jack_McCall_CyET
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2021

G_Jack_McCall_CyET , Nov 23, 2021 :
    This used to work fine but at some point I stopped getting Gmail notifications on my OnePlus 6 unless I opened the Gmail app, at which point they started flooding my screen. I've followed suggestions from a number of posts on the subject, remove battery optimisation for Gmail, etc. I finally factory reset my phone, and lo and behold, my notifications were back....temporarily. After a few days or a week, I noticed that they had stopped appearing again. I had made no changes to my Gmail or Notifications settings, but now the behaviour is exactly the same as before. I tried the same battery optimisation tricks, but that didn't work. So I wiped my phone for nothing, which sucks.

I know a lot of people are experiencing this issue, and some say the battery optimisation changes fixed theirs, but it didn't do it for me, so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. A1594910915738
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2021

A1594910915738 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    This is an issue with android 11 , if you downgrade to 10 the issue is gone... There is no solution , the only workaround is to use another email app...

OnePlus doesn't want to confirm the issue and they abandoned us, we are stuck with it....

I already sensed logs since beginning of 11.0 release, but they don't care, always get bot replys

G_Jack_McCall_CyET likes this.
  3. G_Jack_McCall_CyET
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2021

G_Jack_McCall_CyET , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Wow that is frustrating! I emailed OnePlus customer support and they just told me to post here. Thanks for your response!

4. A1594910915738
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2021

A1594910915738 , Nov 24, 2021 :
    OnePlus is aware , but seems they are not going to fix it... They left OnePlus 6 owners with a forced update containing bugs.... Battery drain ...
    This way 80% of users have no idea what's going on, they all think battery is bad and buy new phone...
    Nice trick from oneplus

G_Jack_McCall_CyET likes this.
  5. krzychna33
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2021

krzychna33 , Dec 1, 2021 :
    I have the same problem, tried everything. Moved my gmail account to outlook app (notifications work here) until i will get new iphone :)