Answered OnePlus6T VERIZON problems (IT WORKS! but i have issues)

1. mrkid37
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

mrkid37 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hello everyone! I bought a new unlocked one plus 6T at the pop-up event on Monday at the TMobile store in times square. They unlocked the phone and I stuck my Verizon SIM card in it and all seemed to work. I later found a few issues with my phone. My issue is I can do everything except receive SMS messages. Calling works, 4g works and SMS messages go out and people receive them. i tried multiple messaging apps and played around with all my settings. Verizon tech support was unable to help. And a OnePlus tech at the store today could not help either.

my other issue is whenever I place or receive a call RTT always turns on. All of the RTT functions are off and I have no idea what's causing it.

thank you in advance for any help you can give!

2. Bobby D.
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Bobby D. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hi mrkid37,

This is Bobby from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

According to VZW's information . User need to reactivate on www.verizonwireless.com . more detail as below .

Scenario: If a user takes an ALREADY ACTIVE VERIZON SIM from his/her Phone and inserts it in the brand new OnePlus 6T then to ensure CDMA-Less feature is activated in their account please have user follow this instruction:

For current VZ active customers:

To activate/use an existing number on a new BYOD device, please ensure to log in to your account on www.verizonwireless.com> My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device and follow the instructions.

High regards
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

mrkid37 likes this.
  3. mrkid37
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

mrkid37 , Nov 1, 2018 :

Bobby D.

Hi mrkid37,

This is Bobby from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

According to VZW's information . User need to reactivate on www.verizonwireless.com . more detail as below .

Scenario: If a user takes an ALREADY ACTIVE VERIZON SIM from his/her Phone and inserts it in the brand new OnePlus 6T then to ensure CDMA-Less feature is activated in their account please have user follow this instruction:

For current VZ active customers:

To activate/use an existing number on a new BYOD device, please ensure to log in to your account on www.verizonwireless.com> My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device and follow the instructions.

High regards
    OnePlus Bug Hunters​

good morning, this did not work. Verizon doesn't seem to recognize the OnePlus 6T. It has me go through a card status verification process and it doesn't work. I tried a brand new sim card same result.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

4. Batmann9
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

mrkid37 likes this.
  5. mrkid37
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

6. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 2, 2018

Comixs , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Are you coming from an iPhone? Some of my friends who have switched from iOS to Android say they have problems with SMS. If this is the case for you, I think you need to disable iMessage (that's what they did), as it is hijacking your incoming SMS messages.