OnePlus7 Pro curved screen glare and distortion problem

1. Sid_Ck Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

Sid_Ck, May 19, 2019 :
    Planning to return my Pro the screen is annoying outdoors... it glares big time... will be going with OnePlus 7 instead

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj likes this.
  2. Thefourseasons Cupcake May 19, 2019

Thefourseasons, May 19, 2019 :
    they cannot because there is none.

3. DARTH 007 KitKat May 19, 2019

4. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

EABowden, May 19, 2019 :
    I'm not trying to discredit one plus. I've had four phones from them and love the company to bits. The screen is beautiful to look at, but personally I don't think they're fit for purpose. I cut and paste a lot of text, for example. That's really hard with a curved edge.

I'm glad you love it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019

5. jayb222 Gingerbread May 19, 2019

jayb222, May 19, 2019 :
    that picture is an exaggeration. I have no problems with glare. I'm holding it right next to my s10 and that has more glare. wasn't a problem until one plus did it. go back and watch all the reviews praising curved screens. oh well, this is indeed fake news.

6. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

EABowden, May 19, 2019 :
    I'm not here to convince people that like the curved screen. They look gorgeous. I just wanted to warn people that it might be an issue.

R3d and jayb222 like this.
  7. Blair287 Honeycomb May 19, 2019

Blair287, May 19, 2019 :
    [inappropriate language removed by moderator] the glare is real and super bloody annoying and most of all if does absolutely nothing useful.

using this phone anywhere where there are over head lights or outside is practically impossible and horrible experience.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019

8. G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk Eclair May 19, 2019

G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk, May 19, 2019 :
    I am actually debating right now as well, if you hold it naturally towards you with lighting overhead you can absolutely see the glare. I traded in my 5t and had that since launch. I use my phone to walk outside as I'm walking the dog and I agree at times it's almost unusable compared to the 5t. Really love everything else about it (battery questionable with 90hz enabled), so the struggle is real :)

9. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

EABowden, May 19, 2019 :
    I'm really loving my 6T and have no interest in something that will need charging before bed time!

If it's 'almost unusable' I suggest you send it back, buy a 6T or hold onto your 5T if you still have it

10. G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk Eclair May 19, 2019

EABowden

I'm really loving my 6T and have no interest in something that will need charging before bed time!​

I know, my 5t had some downright nasty burnin so I needed to upgrade. However, it's hard not to have all the boxes checked on what I want to still consider a phone for 1-2 years. How the heck can they not see these things during the testing phases. Its very close to a perfect device.

11. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

EABowden, May 19, 2019 :
    They were desperate to release a notchless phone. It got thick to fit the camera pop up mechanism, so they needed to taper the edge so it didn't feel too cumbersome, neglecting the actual user experience.

It's a schoolboy error.

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and roryrudy like this.
  12. G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk Eclair May 19, 2019

Going to follow it closely, double checking to see if I can return and how much time I have just in case.

13. G_plusone Marshmallow May 19, 2019

G_plusone, May 19, 2019 :
    One the right side it is more noticeable
    ProP

14. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

EABowden, May 19, 2019 :
    Have a watch of the Tech Spurt review here.

Look at the side-by-side at 4 mins for glare and 5.30 onwards where the 7pro looks blue down the left side and 11.55 it looks green down the right side.

15. Blair287 Honeycomb May 19, 2019

Blair287, May 19, 2019 :
    I've noticed too that on a white background the curved area looks blue or green I'm thinking I might just return this phone.

no one had an issue with a flat screen but they add a curve that most people hate.... .....seems logical I'm starting to think OnePlus is becoming crap not listening to customers and raising prices on accessories 70%.

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and prfraczek like this.
  16. streetkilln Gingerbread May 20, 2019

streetkilln, May 20, 2019 :
    just like the sammy phones, when the Samsung edge's came out ppl didnt make a big deal, now that its on all Samsung phones people complain

17. dermot33 Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

dermot33, May 20, 2019 :
    Not sure if this is an issue or not. Seems like only in certain conditions where you are directly holding your phone towards bright light,

See it in a lot of YouTube videos but YouTubers in bright studios recording,

I admit though the thought of having this glare puts me off but I'm in Ireland where the sun comes out two weeks in the year.

Wonder does wearing a case help with glare ?

18. Jeycop Donut May 20, 2019

Jeycop, May 20, 2019 :
    Other Problems with curved edges:
    - No display foil for Protection.
    - Danger of scratches when you put it on display down on table (silent mode function)
    - Unintended touches when you simply hold the phone
    - Color falsification under the edges

19. G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk Eclair May 20, 2019

G_Bobby_Davies_FQgk, May 20, 2019 :
    Mine has a case on, and yes for sure it is under certain circumstances. However, my 5t handled these circumstances much better then the op7. This is the frustrating part. Direct sunlight makes the phone almost unusable unless you hold it at one specific angle, which is super awkward.

20. dermot33 Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

dermot33, May 20, 2019 :
    Can I ask if you regret buying the phone because of the glare,Is it that bad,sales start in Ireland tomorrow and I'm on the fence about it primarily because of the curved screen and possible issues with glare and content spilling off. I do hear that the phone is pretty good with dealing with false touches and people generally don't have problem typing on the keyboard