#OnePlusonCampus – Northeast Leg Announcement

1. Daisy K.
    North America Marketing Staff Member Sep 13, 2019

Daisy K. , Sep 13, 2019 :
    Campustour_NE_forum_02.png

Hi friends,

We’ve been wanting to bring our offline experiences to more states for a while now. That’s why we’re incredibly excited to announce that in less than two weeks, our team will be kicking off our campus tour in the Northeast. It'll be a great time of meeting more of you all offline and sharing about OnePlus devices with more students.

Here's what you can expect at each stop:
    • Cool product experience zones
    • Exclusive swag giveaways
    • Product feedback collection
    • Gaming face-off challenge
    • OnePlus 7 Pro lucky draw (one device per school)
    • Chance to enter our $10,000 scholarship giveaway, which will be given to one student at the end of our tour!
    Here are the schools we’ll be hitting up for this leg of the tour. If you’re at any of these schools, send a PM to our community manager @Ruby G. We would love to connect with you for some special opportunities.

September 21
    CollegeFest @ Fenway Park (4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215)
    11:00am - 5:00pm

September 23
    Boston College (Outside the Bookstore)
    10:00am - 4:00pm

September 24
    University of Massachusetts Lowell (Outside the Bookstore)
    10:00am - 4:00pm

September 25
    University of Connecticut (Outside the Library)
    10:00am-4:00pm

September 27
    Johns Hopkins University (Outside the Freshman Quad)
    10:00am-4:00pm

If your school isn't on this list, give us a shoutout. We'd love to hear you out on why we should come out.

2. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2019

Vansh99 , Sep 13, 2019 :
    Great idea, considering how many of the people I know that are aware of OnePlus are students, this is amazing.

I see you guys have multiple in Connecticut and Massachusetts, would love to see something near or at NYC or NJ.

I may be bias but Rutgers University is part of the Big Ten, is the largest University in New Jersey. I go to the New Brunswick campus xd it has 4 campuses (or 5, depending on how you look at it) with busses going through them.

Considering how many people there are (at least 50k), it would be a great opportunity. People from NYC can also get here, there's a train (New Brunswick, NJ Transit), literally goes in the campus area, more people should be able to reach it. Also a lot of people will hear about OnePlus like this as it's a huge campus.

By the time you guys decide, I may graduate from here but oh well, I'll sneak in xd

3. SourabhYadav
    Froyo Sep 14, 2019

SourabhYadav , Sep 14, 2019 :
    Firstly Congratulations and thanks for heading up all the way here at north east region, I wish all the best for the event handlers.

Being a Northeastern University, Boston student I would like One Plus to organize something on campus as this university is being dominant for a vast number of Indian and Chinese students.

Since, One Plus was Founded in China and holding the first place in Premium Smartphone segment for Indian market, I believe Northeastern University will be a great place to express the love to students from the above two countries, by this great brand.

I have met a lot of people coming in here with One Plus devices but find them incompatible with US carriers because of region specific versions before OP5T, so they end up buying a new phone here mostly the apple and Samsung, which is a situational compromise.

I strongly recommend that the encouragement, support and love from One Plus team for the Fall intake international students will keep the customer base retained if marketed well.

See you at College Fest.
    @Ruby_G.

Best Wishes

Sourabh Yadav

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019

4. faisal.sidekick
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2019

SourabhYadav and G_plusone like this.
  5. Lei Z.
    Test Engineer Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Sep 14, 2019

Starcommander and G_plusone like this.
  6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Sep 14, 2019

G_plusone , Sep 14, 2019 :
    Those prizes are tempting :p
    Awesome contests

Wonderwoman13 and Vansh99 like this.
  7. leizhang123
    Eclair Sep 14, 2019

8. leizhang123
    Eclair Sep 14, 2019

9. bhaumikbheda
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2019

bhaumikbheda , Sep 14, 2019 :
    This is a really great initiative! I am super excited for this!
    If OnePlus plans the SouthWest Leg, do include Arizona State University (I am currently studying here!)

There are 4 campuses, out of which the Tempe campus is the biggest with about 5000+ students and faculty members on a single day running around classes and work!(With more than 20,000 students overall) Many of my international friends studying here do not know anything about OnePlus, and when I should them the specifications and cost, they are mind-blown!!!! I constantly keep sharing my the content I create using the OnePlus camera and they keep complaining about some features missing on their iPhones or other Android devices!

I feel it will be one of the best #OnePlusonCampus and a great interaction between all the students and OnePlus!

Looking forward to the SouthWest Leg!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2019

11. DavidMoyo
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2019

DavidMoyo , Sep 14, 2019 :
    Please I'd really appreciate it if #OnePlus could come to Philly. I'll be in school during the period big the visits and it will be hard making a trip to Boston. please consider [e]1f64f[/e]

12. DavidMoyo
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2019

DavidMoyo , Sep 14, 2019 :
    Philadelphia is home to a lot of technology oriented colleges. It is known to be cultural heritage city in the US. This gives students a lot of reasons to explore Philly. As a matter of fact, I began exploring Philly because of my newly acquired #OnePlus7pro.

In university city there are three main colleges: Drexel University, University of Pennsylvania and University of the sciences. Majority of students here are very welcome to new technology especially if it something different from what they are already used to. With a large student population in Philly, a diverse group of students and faculty, this is really one of the main reasons to add Philadelphia to your list of schools.

Think of the audience you'd be able to reach by just hosting an event in one of the more culturally diverse cities in the US. The gospel of OnePlus will automatically spread itself. Think of this as a chain reaction that will increase the popularity of OnePlus among the student population.

I hope you consider my request and I look forward to seeing the team in Philly.

Thanks,
    David Ajibade.
    Drexel '22

Ruby G. and Shanpeshwe like this.
  13. funmunke
    Marshmallow Sep 15, 2019

funmunke , Sep 15, 2019 :
    I see how it is. I lived in NE for 39 years. You waited until I moved to show up there.

I won't forget this....

:p

Starcommander and meatandy like this.
  14. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 15, 2019

meatandy , Sep 15, 2019 :
    Let me know if you plan a Midwest tour.

The University of Minnesota (Twin cities )
    currently has fifty thousand students on campus.

Starcommander and xinhehe like this.
  15. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 15, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 15, 2019 :
    I have to appreciate the beauty of the header image.
    The leaves seems to me of the students with the wooden background of campus.
    The black background reminds me of blackboard and chalk.
    In short genius creativity.

16. s7patel
    Donut Sep 15, 2019

s7patel , Sep 15, 2019 :
    NJIT would be an amazing school to add to the tour because it's in a area where there are several universities and colleges nearby. Colleges nearby NJIT include:
    Rutgers Newark
    Seton Hall Law School
    Essex County Community College
    There are several others and a good reason why NJIT would be a great choice for NJ students would be because there is a major transportation hub nearby known as Newark Penn Station.Choosing NJIT would be making it easier most students to get there compared to some other universities where there is train to get there but would require switching multiple times.In cases where there may be more students than can be accommodated based on registration we have Prudential Center near by and that would be able to accommodate all the students that turn up that day.

Ruby G. and Vansh99 like this.
  17. hitesh25
    Eclair Sep 15, 2019

18. M1535264683615
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2019

19. A.Woodbury
    Froyo Sep 15, 2019

A.Woodbury , Sep 15, 2019 :
    This is going to be legendary. I'm so excited to see pictures of all of the smiling faces because of you OnePlus!

20. D1560965181344
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2019

D1560965181344 , Sep 15, 2019 :
    I'm 45 minutes from Boston!! This is amazing. Not to mention another "wicked smart" Sales/Marketing move on One Plus's part...AGAIN! NEVER SETTLE!!!
    1568585037637.jpg