ONEPLUS's invite system; your opinion?

1. gkdefined
    Froyo Oct 4, 2014

gkdefined , Oct 4, 2014 :
    For the past week or so I have been monitoring the forums and participating in multiple events in search for the 64 gig sandstone black but to no avail. One of my friends have resorted to buying one invite from ebay for 22.99$ USD. I think the creators of this phone really wants people to work for the invites, which is a pretty good thing. Do you guys like the invite system all together or would you prefer to directly purchase? When I finally get my hands on the phone, I hope it's as good everyone says it is. Anyone already bought the sandstone black want to share their experience with the phone and possibly include a comparison to their previous phones? I have tried searching the interwebs for more information on the battery life but there was not enough information.

2. 8dee
    Eclair Oct 4, 2014

8dee , Oct 4, 2014 :
    wow...buying invite for 22.99 is a bit expensive..now people will start selling them

3. ecordero77
    Eclair Oct 4, 2014

ecordero77 , Oct 4, 2014 :
    It is good and fun if you have the time.. It's kinda annoying when you don't have it

4. ketchum88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2014

5. L.H.
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2014

L.H. , Oct 4, 2014 :
    it is great for a start-up company!

6. aniviaho
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2014

aniviaho , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Its good that they introduced and stuck by the system. Imagine if they released massive amounts of OPO, only for us to be dissappointed since there were major problems with it during its early releasing. This way by releasing a few at a time, they can fix and address all the problems they have before taking the next big step.

Feenix Down likes this.
  7. aquanick
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2014

aquanick , Oct 4, 2014 :
    When you can get yourself an invite through contests and invites forum, why buy one?
    I think it is for those who have heard of the phone but cant wait for an invite here.. there is always a delta..!

8. Jakespeed
    Donut Oct 4, 2014

Jakespeed , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Certainly makes the process a bite more democratic, with a little pinch of wheel of fortune thrown in. Let's hear it for Vanna! Hooray.

9. roamingpear
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2014

roamingpear , Oct 4, 2014 :
    it creates hype...
    and that's good for them... without the invite system, they might not have gotten the attention they have gotten...

10. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2014

poweruser0001 , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Well, if you have the time to play the game - take the role of Sherlock Holmes.To reach the end of the trail, you have to crack your head to solve riddles, substitute question marks with the clues given or learn how to decode using the Morse Code. Can be exhilarating at times but you may also be taken for a ride by pranksters. There are still some good, kind souls out there.

11. mwayner
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2014

mwayner , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Brilliant move by the company. They started with a potentially very desirable product.They've managed to keep the growth of their customer base closely tied to, Chinese version notwithstanding, their capacity to produce the phone. They've benefited from a pool of beta-testers' feedback in helping iron out bugs before worldwide mass marketing. This site's members have become their advertising and public relations branch for, despite numerous and varied complaints about their product and practices, the vast majority of owners are happy with their phones and are quite willing to sing it's praises to anyone willing to listen. They have exploited the very human desire to be noticed and valued in one's social circle; the joy of telling all and sundry (modestly, of course:rolleyes:) that we brilliantly managed to buy a diamond for the price of coal :cool:. That meeting and interacting here was requisite in qualifying for a chance to get the phone all but guaranteed the formation of the Cult-Of-The-One; Apple's results practically cost-free. The master stroke: we pay them for the privilege of being their ambassadors, helping them to establish their brand. The goal: create a 'buzz'; the result so far: 'buzz' achieved and growing louder. Now, tell me, isn't this version of the invite system a method of genius? Pavlov (or Pablo Escobar :eek:) couldn't have done it any better :D.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

gkdefined likes this.
  12. gkdefined
    Froyo Oct 7, 2014

gkdefined , Oct 7, 2014 :
    I also think it has been a very successful strategy also, it has been reeling in the majority of my friends.