One's possible low signal strength

1. javilaca
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2014

javilaca , Aug 28, 2014 :
    I'm experiencing call problems with my One. I use to make phone calls with my S3 from home without a problem (I suffer from low signal at home). With the One I have to get close to a window it not my phone call will have moments were the audio will drop or the person on the other can't heard me for a few seconds. The typical problem when you make calls in a low signal environment. My concern is that my S3 was able to handle it without a problem.

I assumed this could be because of two things: 1) hardware limitations (not having a good internal antenna); or 2) the modem needs a software update to align tower information with the One.

gmack523 likes this.
  2. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2014

3. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 27, 2014

gmack523 , Sep 27, 2014 :
    I am experiencing the same issues. Have you seen any progress on this front?

4. javilaca
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2014

javilaca , Sep 29, 2014 :
    I guess we are the only ones with this problem. :(

rajrajpatel2007 and gmack523 like this.
  5. superchinook
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2014

superchinook , Sep 29, 2014 :
    Nope you are not the only ones and there is no official patch at the moment. A buddy of mine switched to just plain CM 11 (i.e. not CM11s) and noticed the signal strength improved a lot but it was still not as good as other phones he used from the same location.

So it might be a combo of both hardware as well as software. Try raising a ticket but be prepared for a long wait and unhelpful generic response...I've read an instance where a dude had a DOA device and the support, after many weeks, just wrote him generic response about how they test every device before sending out & whether he tried putting it on charger for 8 hours. He had to go to PayPal in the end to get his money back.

If you don't get a response until the PayPal claim limit date (I think it's like 45 days? better check though) then contact PayPal for a claim.

gmack523 likes this.
  6. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

gmack523 , Sep 30, 2014 :
    Well, that doesn't make me overly happy.

Should I just create the PayPal ticket now?

superchinook likes this.
  7. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

@superchinook let me know if you want to get something started. PM me if you'd like.

superchinook likes this.
  8. isaaca
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

9. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

I'm trying to return my phone . . . sadly, I just can't justify the purchase with a connection like this . . . I really am saddened by this.

10. isaaca
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

isaaca , Sep 30, 2014 :
    It's heartbreaking I know, as I said on xda.I thought it was the network so I went to tmobile and they lent me a loaner (Alcatel) and it worked just fine until I went back after 6 hours. They even gave my a free simcard and took precautions like activating it on a tmobile branded phone. From what I understand on the OnePlus forums, it can be software related, but still I'm sitting here with 0 bars in the 2nd floor bedroom right next to a gigantic window.

mikentag and gmack523 like this.
  11. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

Wow, you really went above and beyond to try to make this work. Serious props to you man!
    I am sorry that you are having problems as well.

isaaca likes this.
  12. isaaca
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

isaaca , Sep 30, 2014 :
    Process of elimination brother. I love this phone and from Verizon to tmobile (switched to avoid high prices and for the OPO), I'm liking that too.But I'm not going to pay tmo full price for a phone. With the math, you will be saving a few bucks gong to ATT in the long run haha. So either OnePlus can remedy the situation and I stick with tmo or they can suffer a dispute and I go back to Vzw or possibly ATT and grab a Nexus 6. Everything else has been ruled out after all .

13. gmack523
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

I hear ya! I've tried everything that I can think of to make this work. Mine will be headed back and I'm shooting for a Nexus 6 as well . . . just hoping that it is available on Verizon!

14. superchinook
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2014

superchinook , Sep 30, 2014 :
    @gmack523 Well, we already tried to do stuff by contacting tech websites and posting on XDA but it's not getting out fast enough...plus the fanboys are persistent here on the forum so it's a no go here either. Plus, I don't the company is open for correction:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13pfrqahkuphfujn04chvzxrvqbibdywik

So me & other forum buddies` suspicions were more or less true that the quality consistency is poor, and this clearly shows why. Well, there you have it from "the horse's mouth" that One Plus does not care about quality consistencies. And this supposed-start-up by a supposed-X-vice-president of OPPO who cares so much about quality that he once threw a device in anger (was it like dvd player?) because the design was wrong or something. LOL a total BS!! :mad: This company is not open for consumer feedback very much as you can see that they are simply trying to sweep it under the rug and try to simply get production increased + get OnePlus 2 planned and released, all without improving current device and the customer service.

If the OnePlus really do/did care, they should have given the guy a large sample (like at least 5 or 6) from different plants/batches to work with.

I hope you have resolution soon, but all I'm trying to do these days is come back to see if they changed their ways (which still doesn't seem to be) and to warn potential customers of all the issues me & buddies ran into with this company.

gmack523 likes this.
  15. isaaca
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

isaaca , Sep 30, 2014 :
    Yup! That's the plan. So far this is what happened.

Well, now we wait and see for whats coming up next. I (WE) supported these guys. Hell, I even purchased 2 of them! The other went to a family member. Now why in the world can't they support us?

gmack523 likes this.
  16. gmack523
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

gmack523 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Good question! When I created my return request this morning, it said that it could take up to 10 days to get a response. Last night, it had said 3 days so there are definitely issues afoot.

I just hope that they let me return it and get my money back . . . My 14 days after delivery is this coming Saturday . . . though I read somewhere that as long as a delay is not due to a customer, that they should have no problems honoring my request since I initiated the request BEFORE the 14 days were up.

isaaca likes this.
  17. CurtisM
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

isaaca likes this.
  18. Statos
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

19. isaaca
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

isaaca , Oct 1, 2014 :
    @gmack523 Rock on man, I'm coming up to the 14 days too. How did you go about initiating the rma?

@CurtisM
    Thanks man, I'll do a field test tomorrow.

20. haquez
    Donut Oct 1, 2014

haquez , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Same here and I have already asked for a replacement or refund since the support staff has not been able to provide me with a solution. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/poor-antenna-reception.67663/page-7 There is a whole bunch of us having this issue