ONO U1 Truly flagship killer specs

1. Z4KBrindle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2015

2. carl2210
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2015

carl2210 , Jul 13, 2015 :
    ouch..That says it all..nice investigative work:cool: BTW didn't mean to duplicate the other day. I love opo for what it is.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. mharis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2015

mharis , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Did anyone come across detailed specs of this phone anywhere? Except the summarized ones on the website..

4. hot_as_fire
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

hot_as_fire , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Man it looks kinda too good to be true :p

5. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Jul 14, 2015 :
    :eek: Awesome. This should become the standard.
    DDR3 isn't flagship anymore and the difference between DDR3 and 4 is too big to look back. No thanks.

nope

How is that even possible? Sounds scammy

6. Timotis
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

Timotis , Jul 14, 2015 :
    defi
    Define 'scammed'....?
    Scanned could include crappy customer service on a first off start up company like Opo, no?

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 14, 2015

dsmonteiro , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Scammed as in you end up without money and without phone.

And seeing that I had no big issues with the customer support, no... Not like OP (OPO is a phone, not a company).

8. gmo8492
    Lollipop Jul 14, 2015

9. Timotis
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

Timotis , Jul 14, 2015 :
    OP ....OPO, all the same sh*t upside down...
    But do you think, maybe similar thoughts and opinions where had when OP first came out and where offering this high spec'd cheap phone?

Its like shooting something down before its even taken flight...
    Either way you have the right to have this thought...
    Just saying...

Bijoy R likes this.
  10. Bijoy R
    Eclair Jul 14, 2015

hot_as_fire likes this.
  11. vintcf
    KitKat Jul 14, 2015

vintcf , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Hi, how you know iti is an Malaysian company?

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 14, 2015

dsmonteiro , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Because they say it in their site.

13. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2015

The1Lion , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Ono? as in Oh no! :confused: Sounds like a warning :p They should name the phone UDidn't so it will be the Ono UDidn't phone :D

14. TheJumbo

TheJumbo , Jul 14, 2015 :
    NEVER order!
    This company doesn't exist... yet!
    Its address in the website is not in Google maps.

Here is a Dutch website that talks about it:
    http://www.androidplanet.nl/nieuws/ono-u1-smartphone/

You can use Google Translate.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

ariefun123 likes this.
  15. enricosteph

enricosteph , Jul 14, 2015 :
    You are wrong with the address...

Schleissheimer Strasse 188,
    80797, Munich
    Germany

It is a huge building with a restaurant,a tattoo studio and some offices... so it could exist... time will tell us the truth...

16. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Jul 14, 2015

17. Mijo Bažoka
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2015

Mijo Bažoka , Jul 14, 2015 :
    2K screen + 4Ah battery = price tag over 200$ for sure. Why are you even considering buying this?

18. Shrapnelist
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

Shrapnelist , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Carel Ris on facebook page said "Buying from a complete unknown company poses a risk for a customer, I think you will agree on that. In the past there have been several companies (some pretending to operate from Germany, like you do) that started out in this way, but folded without even delivering a product. What guarantees do you give backers on receiving a properly working smartphone? Do you use PayPal and does PayPal 180 Days Protection (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) apply?
    From where will the phones be shipped? I'd like to know that because of import duties and VAT."

Ono Replies "Hi Carel Ris,thank you for writing to us.We like to state out clearly here that we are indeed a start-up from Germany with our partnered manufacturing facility in Shenzhen (China) . We are consumers like yourself whom understand the trust issues which you wrote to us about. Please kindly note that we have firmly stated that we are launching during the 1st week of October in the FAQ section of the site .Like many start-ups and OEM`s in the mobile industry ,we follow a procedure called the batch production procedure whereby we are only able to allocate a certain amount of units based on the orders we have received before and after the launch period to insure a certain balance of ordered quantity to start a smooth production line with the factory. It is also stated in the site that we insure a full refund warranty if products do not reach pioneers based on the stipulated date given. For the full technical specifications we will detail it out soon on the product description section of the shopping-cart in the website."

timerski likes this.
  19. King Of Ketchup
    Eclair Jul 14, 2015

King Of Ketchup , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Why is everyone calling it a scam? Just because another company is offering cheaper prices than the oneplus does not mean it is a scam. It is clear on the facebook page it is only for the first 2000 buyers. Also let's say you do get scammed; you ordered through PayPal/credit card so no way will they be able to take money away from you without giving a phone.

20. 4nlimited3dition
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

4nlimited3dition , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Well at least they have an actual PayPal order page.
    I went all the way to the order and it actually directs to real PayPal. I don't think scammers would use PayPal, since the customer has the upper hand in there.
    Btw I could just buy all of the 2000 pre-order units for just $398 000 :cool:
    Though I can't suggest anyone to actually pay them any money just yet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

pbergonzi likes this.