Onplus 9 pro 5G support in Canada

1. ABala
    Eclair Mar 26, 2021

ABala , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Does anybody know if the OP9 pro will have support for 5G bands/frequencies used here in Canada? Or is it just going to be another 4G device! And is it going to be dual Sim or single Sim?

Thanks!

2. cdnfarmer
    Junior Moderator, Photography Expert Junior Moderator Mar 27, 2021

cdnfarmer , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Hi There,

What cell phone provider do you use?

I looked into this last August when I tested the EU Nord in Canada. There are 5 things that need to be in place
    1. 5G coverage in the area. Back then they were implementing 5G in Edmonton area. Often converting 4 G towers to 5G.
    2. A 5G compatible phone.
    3. 5G compatible SIM card.
    4. A 5G enable is service contract.
    5. The cell service provider has to approve the device for their 5G network. Eventhough it is compatible, if the companies don't have it on their list, it doesn't work.
    Though when I was in the city with 5G towers, 5G sim and compatible phone and add-on to the plan. I got speed at the higher ranges of 4 G and at the low end of 5G speeds.

If interested, have a look at the report on 5G in the review

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021

hennes and drmartin like this.
  3. ABala
    Eclair Mar 27, 2021

ABala , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Thanks.. that was a great review. I'm with Telus which has 5G coverage in my city. However, I interested to know if the Canadian version of the OP9 Pro 5G phone will actually support the Canadian 5G bands and frequencies!

cdnfarmer likes this.
  4. LSXrex
    Donut Mar 28, 2021

LSXrex , Mar 28, 2021 :
    I can't speak about the 9 pro, but I know the 8 pro before the update to 11.0.4.4 I was able to get 5G on Telus. Now I don't

ABala likes this.
  5. Dale_Hennessey
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2021

Dale_Hennessey , Jun 5, 2021 :

I received my oneplus 9 pro and it is single SIM only.

Also VERY disappointed to learn there is NO 5G carrier support for this phone in Canada. The 5G rollout is a mess.

Jfwatier likes this.