OOS 3.0 No live wallpaper for lock screen?

1. utkarshrajsingh
    Froyo Mar 31, 2016

utkarshrajsingh , Mar 31, 2016 :
    Well as you know, we can't set a live wallpaper for lock screen.

I just don't why they removed live wallpaper for lock screen. The earliest build of OOS was fine. There were no different wallpapers for the lock screen and home screen. Which was great.
    I want to set a live wallpaper that is common to both my screens.( Lock And Home )
    I would like to have an option to set wallpapers for both the screens at the same time.

I just want you guys to please support this.

@Helen or anyone, please pass this on.

pa5t1s and AndyStubbs like this.
  2. jeanmisericorde
    Donut Mar 31, 2016

3. Joshua_B
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2016

Joshua_B , Mar 31, 2016 :
    I understand why you might want it... But it is noob 101 to want a live wallpaper, firstly cuz if you complain about battery you'll sound like a retard... Live wallpaper just kills battery in android, and having it as a lock screen will just drain it even more, of course if it's extremely subtle it shouldn't do much but... Common guys?

4. utkarshrajsingh
    Froyo Mar 31, 2016

utkarshrajsingh , Mar 31, 2016 :
    First of all, I don't know what's noob about wanting a live wallpaper. I like it. I don't usually use them, but sometimes I like to try it out. Some people don't prefer it and it's fine. It's a personal choice.

Secondly, I don't complain about the battery. I can spare a little of it for a live wallpaper.

And regarding this stupid feature implemented, I haven't seen any ROM out there that restricts us to apply a live wallpaper on both lock screen and the home screen.

And I just don't want live wallpaper support. I just want it to be the way it was in the earlier build. One wallpaper for both lock and home screen, whether image or live.

Regards,

5. Joshua_B
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2016

Joshua_B , Mar 31, 2016 :
    Cool, i was just expressing my opinion, soryy if it was offensive, hopefullyive wallpaper for lockscreen will be included in the final OOS 3.0 BUILD

utkarshrajsingh likes this.
  6. G_DeWayne_Rosene_cLJt
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2016