OOS 3. 0 - root for saving juice?

1. CarstenVestjylland
    Froyo Apr 11, 2016

CarstenVestjylland , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Got the beta, works good on my opt, no problems :) Just like to know if there's any need for rooting in order to extend power on the battery? Do rooting serve any other purposes with Marshmallow?

Antonio32001 and rjsidz like this.
  2. rjsidz
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2016

rjsidz , Apr 11, 2016 :
    depends what applications you are using ,

as greenify and superSU , exposed all are services which will also take some battery , but if you have lot many apps in background and want to stop that its good to root.

by the way avast and greenify and doze (marshmalow) works without root too :)

CarstenVestjylland likes this.
  3. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2016

magnamentis , Apr 11, 2016 :
    there is never a "need" but to monitor your consumers and keep them in check is certainly much much easier when you're rooted.

4. Saeed Ashif Ahmed
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2016

Saeed Ashif Ahmed , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Greenify + Xposed Dude :)

5. CarstenVestjylland
    Froyo Apr 11, 2016

CarstenVestjylland , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Thank you for helping!
    I'm mostly using Gmail, a few browsers, some Facebook clones, FV-5 foto and video + editing, pixlr etc.
    I'm also using Avast, Greenify and Doze :)
    Best thing I did was leaving the official Facebook app. Now the Gmail is top consumer, nothing much, below 10%, dunno about the photo apps etc. Maybe I should work on the use of the screen ;-) Think I'll go for the root and look into xposed, curious now. And play with Tasker to find out how to lock the phone when I'm off my home wifi (cyanogenmod did this on the OPO, too bad it's not implemented on opt).

6. Dhruvism
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2016

7. locxFIN
    KitKat Apr 18, 2016

locxFIN , Apr 18, 2016 :
    v81-sdk23-arm64.zip

Edit: v82 seems to be out already, so if you're planning, flash that. Latest is usually the greatest. I have to go update myself, too.

Edit2: It seems to be only fixes for Huawei devices, so I won't be updating after all. Still, I suggest the latest if you're coming from stock.

dinjesk likes this.
  8. Aj115
    Donut Apr 28, 2016

9. Domeyw
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2016

Domeyw , Apr 28, 2016 :
    is L SPEED good?
    any experience?

10. Aj115
    Donut Apr 28, 2016

Aj115 , Apr 28, 2016 :
    Its rated pretty high in the playstore, wasnt sure on the best settings so iv stuck with those from the description of the app. Only had it installed a few days, but id say im getting another 10% battery from l speed alone.

Can also report theres been no conflicts for me with greenify, amplify and l speed.