[Submitted] OOS 4.1 Facebook Messenger gets killed while on 3G/4G

1. tedulus
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

tedulus , Mar 19, 2017 :
    The app has all the permissions required to access internet, the feature that kills battery hungry apps is OFF, the app is freshly installed after factory reset.

2. Jánosi László
    Donut Apr 20, 2017

Jánosi László , Apr 20, 2017 :
    I have the same problem. When I am on cellular network, the Facebook Messenger app is not working, because it keeps saying that "Waiting for network". None of my messages sent. But if i switch to wifi, everything is OK and working. But it is sooo not good, that I can't use it with mobile data. Is there a solution for this?

3. tedulus
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2017

tedulus , Apr 20, 2017 :
    Unfortunately i could not find any solution, the only thing that i did not tried is adb flash the full rom, maybe u can try it.

4. Jánosi László
    Donut Apr 20, 2017

Jánosi László , Apr 20, 2017 :
    I just found a solution here in a different thread. I live in Hungary and I'm on Vodafone. So I had to change the APN settings (open settings - under wireless & networks: sim & network - select your sim card (sim1) - access point names). It wasn't the correct APN address. But I changed it to internet.vodafone.net and it works now. What carrier are you on? Search the internet for the correct APN settings for your phone and it should also work for you. Tell me how it went! :)

5. tedulus
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2017

tedulus , Apr 20, 2017 :
    My problem is not related to apn, i have changed 6 carriers in 5 different countries, if you read my issue u will understand that my problem is related to messenger background process that is being killed not that it does not work at all on mobile connection.

6. dinci11
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2017

dinci11 , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Hi László!
    I had the same problem (I'm at Vodafone too), and that solution works great to me. That was the one million dollar solution.
    Thanks a lot!! :)